Boat: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by periosurg View Post
First MC cant wait to pick it up!
Looks like its going to Canada!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:29 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Want X2
Yep, will be on its way up north to the Okanagan, very excited. I'll definitely post some pics when she gets home. Just sad that I wouldn't be able to use her for 6 months . Is there anything you all would recommend as must have options. The boat has cruise (which I assume is the same a perfect pass), Stock stereo (would like to add some tower speakers with lights) can you find them easily used?

I look forward to becoming part of the MC community!

Cheers
Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Yep, will be on its way up north to the Okanagan, very excited. I'll definitely post some pics when she gets home. Just sad that I wouldn't be able to use her for 6 months . Is there anything you all would recommend as must have options. The boat has cruise (which I assume is the same a perfect pass), Stock stereo (would like to add some tower speakers with lights) can you find them easily used?

Cheers

They pop up on here once and awhile. Just need to keep your eyes peeled.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:

Cheers
Congrats on the boat. You'll love it!
MC Cruise is not the same as PP, but it works just fine. Mine has PP, buddy's boat has cruise. I can't tell the difference from the end of the rope. Aside from PP having programmable speed options, the only other real difference for recreational riders I see is the Cruise will overshoot the speed more before locking in if you just giver the beans and let the cruise tak over. Once you know the rpm range that the boat will be running at, if you get the throttle/ rpms closer to that postion once the rider is up, it will not overshoot the speed by much at all.
Stereo wise, if it's just 4 speakers off the head unit, a sub and some decent amps wil be a big upgrade. Note, the JL speakers really like 150W+ each to get full use out of them.
Tower speakers, I already had 2 MC speakers so I added 2 more becasue I stumbled across a great deal on them. They are very good quality, but do your research on aftermarket speakers too. If you're not concerned with the OEM look, you can get good HLCD speakers for about the same price as most want for used MC/JL tower speakers.
Other upgrades I feel are necessary (or very nice to have), heater, hot water shower (since you're up north, we use the heater most of the year). If not done already, clean up the battery/wiring to the batteries with some distribution blocks and possibly a charging relay to automatically charge both batteries when the boat is running. I added and on board charger/maintainer too. It will really help with battery life if you start adding a bunch of stereo equip.
Oh and go thru the trailer this winter. Take the brakes apart and anti seize the caliper slides and bolts. They have a habit of freezing up (corrosion) and then hanging up. If the oil bath hub caps are still the original all plastic ones, get the alumium ones when you change out the hub oil before one of them cracks and leaks. The fornt V bunk on the trailer does not fit the contour of the hull perfectly and wears out the carpet prematurely, leaving the hull riding on the plastic bunk. You'll see what I mean when you get the boat. Take those V bunks off and grind the srea down where it's rubbing and re-carpet them. Will keep from scuffing up the hull there.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
Quote:
The boat has cruise (which I assume is the same a perfect pass), Stock stereo (would like to add some tower speakers with lights) can you find them easily used?

Cheers
Just my $0.02, but the lights in the cans are largely useless. If you find a good deal, don't pass them up (they do look cool) but they are 1/2 blocked the bimini if it is attached and the glare that comes off them makes them more annoying than not. I have them on my X-15 because they came on it, but I would never pay $$ to get them again. I would have traded my lighted ones for credit towards non-lighted ones.

Other than that - great looking boat - sure you're going to love it!

2013 X-25 - Love it!
2007 X-15 - Sadly no longer mine
Old 10-23-2012, 05:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
^^^ Absolutely correct.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:00 PM
TT Regular

Thanks for the responses, lots of work to do over the winter. Interesting about the lighted cans? Would you buy the OEM cans or aftermarket?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:13 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
I love the stockers for looks and sound, but I have ZERO experience with aftermarket speakers. I have a LOT of friends with MC boats and they all have OEM speakers. You may get something that sounds better in the aftermarket, or maybe cheaper, but even from what I have seen on here, I like the looks of OEM better.

2013 X-25 - Love it!
2007 X-15 - Sadly no longer mine
Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Thanks for the responses, lots of work to do over the winter. Interesting about the lighted cans? Would you buy the OEM cans or aftermarket?
Just remember that the cans for the 2005 & 2006 towers are different than the ones for 2007 and up. The cans you want bolt directly to the tower. The 2007 and up towers have stand offs welded to the tower and have a cone piece that mounts to the stand off. The cans for your boat will have a groove that runs across the top of the enclosure. Here is a picture of what mine looked liked:

The 2007 and up have a round inverted cone to fit them above mentioned cone piece.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat is back up for sale. We had finance problems at the last minute. Tyler is great to deal with and the boat checked out perfectly in every way. I think it is a beautiful boat and priced very fairly. I hope it goes to a good owner.