Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 10-14-2012, 03:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar190
Nice boat. Will be really nice when you get the cosmetics fixed up, and then those sand covered flip flops won't be allowed anywhere near that boat.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '91 PS190, 351 w/'slot
Thanks, lol. There will absolutely be no shoes after we clean her up.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Bakes is local to me.

I have 3 of the SS on the end of my doghouse. $30 for 3 is a sweet price. They just dropped in.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxhideout View Post
Ha, well I'm known to be cheap, but the longer I decide to keep it, the more we'll end up doing to it. That doesn't sound too difficult to do. I wish we had a pole barn already (winters are impossible to work in without heat).

Is it just the cup holders that are wood? Not sure it would match the rest of the boat. How much do you suppose the side decals would be?
First of all, Welcome to the Mastercraft world! This is what I can do for ya. The actual cupholders can be bought from any West marine, or marine store. Not expensive, unless you go with Stainless ones. i sell these for Around $180.00. Plastic, like you've got are no longer available, and when they were, they were around $225.00 each. Just let me know.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2012, 10:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for the offer, SkiDog, but I'm going to hold out on that for now. We took it out yesterday to test it, and the water was down about 2 feet at the regular beach landing so we didn't even try putting it in there since we only have 2wd vehicles... Luckily they have a landing on the other side of the lake that had concrete down far enough.

Right when we put it in the water we found a major leak, which would more than likely be the culprit for water getting into the tranny. The flexible rubber adapter on the prop shaft was torn, so water was spraying in. My dad just tied a towel around it because we really wanted to test everything before winter. Took it out for a spin, which wasn't very long since it was a bit nippy out. My dad felt some excessive vibration, and then saw the prop shaft was bent, which is probably how the rubber hose got torn. The prop is dinged up, so it had obviously been hit, which bent the shaft.

So, we started pulling it out, but now have to figure out how to get the nut on the adapter flange that holds the shaft off. What do y'all suggest, and what size is the nut? We'd also be interested in a spare powerslot prop if anyone needs to get rid of one.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Well the shaft appears to be straight, but the strut is more than likely bent. After pulling the shaft off, we saw that a section of the thread has a 'stretched' look to it. Not sure if that's suppose to be there or not. If it's stretched, we'd definitely want to replace it. Also, we tried pulling out the water pump impeller when winterizing the boat, and it's stuck in there pretty good. What do you guys use to pull it out without wrecking the blades?

Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2011, Indmar 5.7L RTP
Try using two paint can openers. Insert each can opening about a third of the way in and gently push back on them with even pressure. The impeller should pop out. You can usually get the can openers free at Lowes, Home Depot or Sherwin Williams to name a few. Leave the can openers in your boat tool box for future, on-the-water, repairs.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
MX,

Nice winter project there! Like the color scheme!

Good luck on the restoration!

RM
Old 10-27-2012, 07:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
First of all, Welcome to the Mastercraft world! This is what I can do for ya. The actual cupholders can be bought from any West marine, or marine store. Not expensive, unless you go with Stainless ones. i sell these for Around $180.00. Plastic, like you've got are no longer available, and when they were, they were around $225.00 each. Just let me know.
Looks great Skidog. I need one of those. OEM is not to be found.....PM sent.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 10-28-2012, 11:19 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxhideout View Post
Well the shaft appears to be straight, but the strut is more than likely bent. After pulling the shaft off, we saw that a section of the thread has a 'stretched' look to it. Not sure if that's suppose to be there or not. If it's stretched, we'd definitely want to replace it. Also, we tried pulling out the water pump impeller when winterizing the boat, and it's stuck in there pretty good. What do you guys use to pull it out without wrecking the blades?

You can use the paint openers...some people use a good pair of vise-grips. You should pull it and toss it and not worry about this one. Put a light coat of synthetic grease on the impeller-shaft and in the impeller.....comes out easy then using the paint openers.. I boat the remover cuz mine was stuck on and paint openers did not work. Vise-Grips & new impeller cheaper than puller...

Tags
1991 ps 190, mastercraft, prostar 190