Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2013, 03:28 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Xstar
Yes I have the big screen latest update but not the vdig. Is the vdig important to have? As I don't really have dealer access where I am.

Also how do I make a rider profile on my computer to put on the boat with a USB ?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleup_dan View Post
Yes I have the big screen latest update but not the vdig. Is the vdig important to have? As I don't really have dealer access where I am.

Also how do I make a rider profile on my computer to put on the boat with a USB ?
You could try to get your dealer to send the VDIG flashing device to you, there's no place DHL can't get to... Depending on your IT/electronics knowledge you can do the update yourself. But there were some troubles of V0.22 or V0.23 not being updateable and needing to be exchanged I remember... This is the the flashing device.

I've attached three files, they always have to be named Riders.txt when copied to the boat.

'original' is the factory default one copied from the boat
'Erklärung' is with my uneducated explanation in English/German just made for myself, to be removed before copied to the boat
'Riders' is the last one we used last season, so you get the idea, yeah we rode mostly RPM

Only edit the values in the Riders.txt nothing more! Best way is to export the original one from the boat and edit it. The export is a 'Mastercraft' directory that also includes rider pics. The "upload your own rider picture" feature never worked for me no matter what I tried.

edit: link: MC web script for profil setup
Attached Files
File Type: txt _original_Riders.txt (1.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: txt Riders_mit Erklärung.txt (3.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: txt Riders.txt (876 Bytes, 31 views)

Last edited by Stefan; 06-06-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 X-25
Thanks to Stefan I realized that the BIG update uses ONLY the USB port next to the driver. I'm on .54 no problem. Have been super happy with medallion system since .47. Default perfect pass values after a factory reset post .54 install were same ones recommended in this thread.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

I thought of posting it here because we talked about it here before, but I think it will be better off as a seperate thread.
2012 piggy back ballast timers programming
Old 07-10-2013, 06:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-14V
Glad to see everyone with the '12's must be enjoying their boats, because this thread has been silent for a month.

Does this mean all BIG/ VDIG / ballast & other '12 model year software related issues are resolved?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
My system has been working great, but I had a couple of glitches last weekend. I had one time where the speed just showed dashes and wouldn't let me adjust. The other issue was when I put it into surf left mode, the ballast pumps didn't turn off. I had to cycle the system on and off a couple times to get it working. These aren't new issues, and they come up less frequently, but apparently they aren't completely gone.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

This issue of being unable to edit the speed in metric mode is still unresolved in my software version...due to MC information politics ist hard to find out if there are new sw versions out other then getting on my dealers nerves from time to time...
Old 07-11-2013, 07:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Mine has been solid, but I haven't tested the metric problem Stefan mentions above.

A few things that help:

1. Leave the manual dash switches in the middle positions while using the screen.

2. Cycle the battery switch before starting every now and then. Need or not.

3. My rear remote became water logged and I unplugged it from the wiring harness. That solved a lot of screen control problems. Remote gets replaced under warranty next week when it's for service.

Zero-Off going in next week!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X2
@ KahunaCraft - are getting Zero-Off installed through the dealer because PP was not working properly? Or are you just upgrading?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
I wasn't happy with pp for sports other than surfing. Too much of a science behind all the parameters. I calibrated numerous times, set the rpm to speeds and tinkered with the cs,kdw and nn numbers more than i'll admit.

RPM mode worked. Once you load 1200-1500 of ballast for wake boarding... It becomes a pain. Key in that situation is to leave cruise off, get the rider up manually, then turn cruise on in rpm mode. In my specific case, I had spent a fair amount of time with MC on other issues and this was a way of them making it right.

For surfing, pp worked, some small issues but again it worked. I hear that it is odd because others had trouble getting it to work with surfing.