Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Aerial Fiberglass JL 6.5 tower speakers

These have a great price - brand new loaded with 6.5 JL's (sport grills) for $299 a pair - anybody ordered from H2O Sports Warehouse, or have these fiberglass units? - overtime and generally out of the elements, the fiberglass seem like a good option as the polished just get burnished over time...Seems like they finish them right with the PPG paint process....
any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AERIAL-WAKEB...10467688001%26
Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
save your money... no chance you'll be able to hear 6.5 coaxial speakers behind the boat.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

I have polk 6.5 doubles now that are loud off a Memphis 5 channel amp - Plenty loud
- I would run them as doubles.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
save your money... no chance you'll be able to hear 6.5 coaxial speakers behind the boat.
Unless you have 6 or more LOL

My friend has 6.5's on his Naughty Girl and it is pretty loud and he is running 6 of them. He bought that size just because 7.7's had not come out yet. This was years ago and now he has other interests besides being loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I have those pods. They came pre wired with the wrong wire and I had to wallow out the holes to get the right gauge wires in there since the hole was to thin, These pods you posted come loaded with MX class Cockpit coaxial. Still a decent speaker but not designed to be there but will work. I sold the 4 mx class to a friend who was anticipating them when I ordered them for his Harley and I replaced them with the m class infinite baffle 6.5's because the pods alone were ridiculous $$. I have no problem at 70' hearing mine contrary to popular belief on this forum. However if you do the math this is 4 pods for $50 since the speakers are $200/pair. Still a good deal. And the h20 company you suggested has them for sale cheaper on their site than they do on ebay.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
I have 6.5's on my tower. They work just the way I want. I don't need to hear them across the lake, but I did want a little music while we were hanging on the beach.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2012, 04:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

It all likely has to do with the amp and my Memphis 5 channel is strong - so my 6.5 polks are loud - nobody would complain about the volume at half gain behind the boat, much less cranked. I think I may just go with twin 7.7's -
Old 10-09-2012, 06:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by helton333 View Post
It all likely has to do with the amp and my Memphis 5 channel is strong - so my 6.5 polks are loud - nobody would complain about the volume at half gain behind the boat, much less cranked. I think I may just go with twin 7.7's -
I had 4 Polk MM651UMs in the Aerial cans and they sounded nice and got pretty loud. They have been replaced by a pair of Wet Sounds Pro 485s. At the end of the rope there is absolutely no comparison between the two setups. Hanging out in/behind the boat like Sodar my Wet Sounds would have no advantage over my Polk setup. I've read that the newer Rev Wet Sounds speakers are smoother and lose some of the harshness in the highs that mine have.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Maristar 210VRS, LTR 330HP, ZeroFlex Tower, KGB Ballast, PerfectPass Wakeboard Pro,
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
You obviously have never heard four 6.5" speakers properly boxed, amp'd and tuned behind a boat! There is no reason to spend the kind of money people are on a tower system just to be louder, or to compensate for other...things.