Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:51 PM
mustangtexas's Avatar
mustangtexas mustangtexas is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft Prostar 190
Location: North Texas
Posts: 198
Better hurry if you need them before they are gone. We got 650 today and will be gone fast. This will most likely be the best price you will find.

http://bit.ly/WdDi65
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
j.mccreight@hotmail.com's Avatar
j.mccreight@hotmail.com j.mccreight@hotmail.com is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,308
Just picked this little guy up, Sig Sauer P238 .380 ACP will accompany it's big brother the Springfield 1911-A1 .45 ACP very nicely. Just something about the 1911 that seems timeless.
Attached Images
   
__________________
James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE

Last edited by j.mccreight@hotmail.com; 01-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
stuartmcnair's Avatar
stuartmcnair stuartmcnair is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Boat: 1989 Prostar 190 351 Indmar
Location: Tuscaloosa
Posts: 1,143
Send a message via MSN to stuartmcnair
I'll chime in a little late on this. When looking at a .40 or a 9 and you can't decide you should always go with the .40 for the simple fact that many of the .40's can easily be converted to a 9 by changing out the barrel. Can't go the other way.

I prefer a .45 but mainly because that is what my friend has a loader set up to do.

I'll also address that link above this one for AR magazines. That's pretty shi!!y trying to rip people off like that.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 01-22-2013, 05:01 PM
JDC's Avatar
JDC JDC is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Location: Indiana
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtexas View Post
Better hurry if you need them before they are gone. We got 650 today and will be gone fast. This will most likely be the best price you will find.

http://bit.ly/WdDi65
AR-15 mags will never be gone... the price will just keep going up. Your 650 may sell, but there will always be someone to part with them at a price.

Here are a few links for those looking. There are many others if you poke around.
http://www.gunaccessories.com/Magazi.../AR-15_M16.asp
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemL...spx?catid=6652

At the current prices on the various makes, and sizes, I'm glad I have enough for mine.
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 01-22-2013, 05:02 PM
JDC's Avatar
JDC JDC is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Location: Indiana
Posts: 394
This may be subject matter for another thread but...

As I was poking around for links on AR-15 magazines, I found this...
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/we-s...your-contacts/

Sounds like Ma'am Feinstien is at it hard and heavy.
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons
Stopping the spread of deadly assault weapons

A portion of the link above reads:
Protects legitimate hunters (cough - bulls**t) and the rights of existing gun owners by:

*Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
**Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

-Background check of owner and any transferee;
-Type and serial number of the firearm;
-Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
-Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate -State or local law; and
-Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.


All that sure sounds like the NFA transfer process and $200 tax stamp to me.

Press release:
Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress

I've always felt sure that stuff like this would never gain traction, but lately... I'm not so sure.
Get involved to help stop it.
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC View Post
This may be subject matter for another thread but...

As I was poking around for links on AR-15 magazines, I found this...
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/we-s...your-contacts/

Sounds like Ma'am Feinstien is at it hard and heavy.
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons
Stopping the spread of deadly assault weapons

A portion of the link above reads:
Protects legitimate hunters (cough - bulls**t) and the rights of existing gun owners by:

*Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
**Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

-Background check of owner and any transferee;
-Type and serial number of the firearm;
-Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
-Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate -State or local law; and
-Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.


All that sure sounds like the NFA transfer process and $200 tax stamp to me.

Press release:
Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress

I've always felt sure that stuff like this would never gain traction, but lately... I'm not so sure.
Get involved to help stop it.
The only difference between the Stamp Act that caused problems in November of 1765 is that the government was across the ocean. FWIW, it was repealed in March of 1766.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
JDC's Avatar
JDC JDC is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Location: Indiana
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
The only difference between the Stamp Act that caused problems in November of 1765 is that the government was across the ocean. FWIW, it was repealed in March of 1766.
Not sure what your referring to as I'm not familiar with the Stamp Act.
I was referring to the National Firearms Act of 1968. It costs me $200 for a tax stamp and a big hassle transfer process each time I buy certain types of firearms.

It sounds like Ma'am Feinstien is trying to apply those rules to all currently owned non-NFA (Title II) type firearms.
__________________
Jeff

Last edited by JDC; 01-22-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 PM
mustangtexas's Avatar
mustangtexas mustangtexas is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft Prostar 190
Location: North Texas
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC View Post
AR-15 mags will never be gone... the price will just keep going up. Your 650 may sell, but there will always be someone to part with them at a price.

At the current prices on the various makes, and sizes, I'm glad I have enough for mine.
Your right, they will never be gone but the availability of new (large capacity) mags may be short lived in certain areas as has already been proven in NY. The ones we listed today as in stock are already half gone. Our margins have not changed. The cost to us from the supplier has. The other website you listed where items may be considered cheaper than the product on the earths surface has greatly increased their margins to take advantage of the current situation thus the same mag there is $120+ while we are at $55 with free shipping. Check out our full site to see who we are and who we serve at www.defendersupply.com
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 PM
JDC's Avatar
JDC JDC is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Location: Indiana
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtexas View Post
Your right, they will never be gone but the availability of new (large capacity) mags may be short lived in certain areas as has already been proven in NY. The ones we listed today as in stock are already half gone. Our margins have not changed. The cost to us from the supplier has. The other website you listed where items may be considered cheaper than the product on the earths surface has greatly increased their margins to take advantage of the current situation thus the same mag there is $120+ while we are at $55 with free shipping. Check out our full site to see who we are and who we serve at www.defendersupply.com
Where is the same Center Industries mag from the Cheap/Dirt store at $120+? I see used crap Colt mags at $129, but I'm not stupid enough to pay that.
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Footin's Avatar
Footin Footin is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
Location: Columbus,OH/Monticello,KY
Posts: 4,577
Just ordered my Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm, should have it in a week or so.

This is my first gun.
__________________
OH-IO!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.