Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
boy i am not going to say anything on this one! let's just say a roomate gone bad back in college.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
boy i am not going to say anything on this one! let's just say a roomate gone bad back in college.
Yep... I've only been to jail to bail other people out.

My roommate at the time at Ga Tech went to go bail out one of our buddies at the Fulton County jail. He didn't have exact change and the officer at the window was being, well, an officer and really ticked him off, so he goes to the transit station across the street to get change, they say great, we can get rid of some of these sacajawea dollars....

My buddy, in his greatest stroke of genius ever, exchanges the entire bail amount ( ~$700) for Sacajaweas.

Goes back across the street, starts counting them out for the same officer one by one, she starts to stop him, he says "Better hold it lady or I'll lose track and have to start over" and counts them all out
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 XStar Salt Water Version
Things have changed in law enforcement...the cops used to be your friend...now they are like law enforcement that you would see in a third world country...they believe that everyone is guilty...everyone is a criminal now or will be shortly in the future...they are drooling from the mouth just looking for a reason to arrest you...I see cops speeding down the road all of the time with no lights on...they don't give themselves a speeding ticket because they believe they are above the law!...ever watch a TV show called "waterpalooza"?...it is about water cops harassing and arresting boaters for no good reason...this all leads to a criminal record, even if charges are dropped, nolo pros, or otherwise...makes finding a job must more difficult...even if expunged....

I'm 60 yrs old and payed lots of taxes...never used to fear cops...NOW I DO!...I can't believe it...but I do...I now understand what people of color have gone through (DWB-Driving While Black")...

I think the reason for bullying from cops is because far to many have been hired...especially in low crime rate suburban locations...they have nothing to do...so they harass the public, and try to get something on you...

You don't have as much harassment in high crime/high murder rate big cities...because the cops know that they could get shot by the tugs who live there...

sorry for venting...but these crazy cops now patrol our waterways, and make life difficult for boaters...doesn't help the boating industry...
Old 09-27-2012, 03:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
I am not a LEO, but have several friends who are, and I know there are a few on here too. While, there are some LEO's that are riding a high horse, the ones I know are very easy going and never harass you unless you harass them. Careful putting all LEO's in the same "mightier than you" category. Even had a friend get killed by a shot to the head on a routine traffic stop.

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Not to turn this thread into a cop bashing thread, but I always treat officers with respect and expect it in return. I have no problem with them being cautious around unknown situations, approaching everything as if it's a worst possible scenario, etc... but when officers are just outright rude to you, that's what makes me angry.

If I get pulled over, I understand I did something wrong. I don't need Billy Badass putting his hard-*** face on in an attempt to keep me intimidated. Do your job and be somewhat warm to people. People don't want you standing in front of them any more than they want someone being a problem, so why not try to defuse situations before they begin?

Like I said.. the cop in my story was a good dude. He probably didn't want to deal with the paperwork anyway, and probably wished he hadn't called my name into dispatch only to hear that I had a bench warrant out. I wasn't going to make his or my next few hours any more enjoyable by being a douche-nozzle to him, and I appreciated the fact that he knew that as well and treated me with respect while actually trying to help me with other things like making phone calls, researching why I was being arrested, etc.

They're not all bad... but the bad ones really really really suck.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Not to turn this thread into a cop bashing thread, but I always treat officers with respect and expect it in return.

They're not all bad... but the bad ones really really really suck.
Correct. Most of the time they're normal dudes out doing their job. I've been let off numerous times for speeding. (Company truck only, never catch a break in a personal vehicle, I think they, as I, respect a working man and when you're speeding TO work at 4-5am, they cut you some slack.)
One example of good cop vs bad cop. New Years eve day a few years ago, we're rushing back to WI from CO because my mom suddenly passed away. About noon, Going thru Omaha, get pulled over for not signaling a lane change until I crossed the lane line???? *** I just got passed by a hoopty doing 80! Officer makes me get out of the vehicle, sit in his car, at least 30 personal questions, then apologizes for my mom's passing and lets me go. Really wierd, never been questioned about that before.
Few hrs later going thru Des Moines, wife driving, me and the kids are asleep. Wife gets pulled over for "window tint". Same deal, makes her get in the squad car, had her balling her eyes out. Among the multitude of personal questions who, what where, when why are you in IA, he threatens to take our dogs because our German Shepherd (in the back of the truck w/ a topper) is pissed off and trying to tear her way out of the truck to kick his @s for taking my wife. I get out to calm the dogs down before they tear up the truck and he orders me back in the vehicle.
Then he leaves my wife locked in the cop car and comes back to harass me. Questioning the age and weight of my kids for the type of car seats, why they aren't wearing seatbelts (because we've been stopped for 20min now, duh), window tint, why is wife driving, why NM license plates, and CO and AZ drivers license's etc, etc. Just rude as the day was long. Then lets us go.
Never did know the whole story, but I believe there must have been a vehicle on the run matching our description. Bottom line we were already in a bad state that day with my mom dying and this guy was one of the biggest A holes I've ever met.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
I've never been arrested

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 09-27-2012, 04:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
My dad always said if you don't get arrested at least once in your life, you're a p*ssy!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
probably got close to going to jail.................
Driving limo party home one morning about 3:00….

I’m driving on 2 lane highway southbound through a small town, meet an officer and he whips around and follows me (I’m under speed limit and lights were dimmed), but by the time he turns around and gets behind me… there’s a car between us. I drive a couple miles and that car pulls off. I know the police car is behind me now. I’ve set my cruise control (4 miles under speed limit) by this time and I’m dimming my headlights when I’m meeting cars.
Drive about 4 miles into another small town(he's still behind me), and another officer whips around on me and he’s directly behind me. (since we’re in his town now)
We drive about a mile and he lights me up. I pull over to shoulder, put the limo in park, turn on flashers, turn on front interior lights, roll down window, and put both hands on steering wheel.
He walks up to my window (other officer walks up to passenger window) and says “I pulled you over because you crossed center line”.
I turned my head and looked at him and said (in a very firm voice, hands on wheel) “No sir, I did not”.

He told me he’d been following me and saw me do it. I told him I knew he was back there and I knew when the other officer whipped around on me also. I asked if he had video camera in his car and he said yes. I said I’d like to see it. We went back to his cruiser, he goes to driver’s side, I go to passenger side (2nd. officer stands behind me)

I lean into cruiser while he cues up the video on his rear view mirror display screen. He’s got so much stuff in the passenger seat; I rest my left elbow on the back of seat while I watch the video. (I smashed his bag of potato chips)
He says “This is where I got behind you” and I agreed. He said “keep watching”… I said “if you’ll notice, I dimmed my lights when I met cars and brightened them when they passed, I haven’t been drinking and I don’t drink while working”. He said “I know you haven’t been drinking, I’d have known if you were”.
We kept watching the video…. We were on a 2 lane with wide shoulders and came to an intersection with a turn lane, but the southbound lane jogs over just a little bit to make room for the turn lane.
I touched (not crossed) the outside white “fog line” at this interchange. I told him, “I touched the white line, what do we need to do to make this right?”
He said “keep watching”. And then I see his lights come on in the video. And he says “this is where I pulled you over”.
I said “I never crossed center line”.
He says “Well, I’m not going to write you a ticket tonight, but I will need to see your identification”
I stand up, and tell the officer #2 that I’m reaching for my wallet. He nods.
I hand officer #1 my driver’s license and concealed weapon permit at the same time.
He throws his hands up and says “Now I have to write you a ticket!”
I said, “What for!?”
He says, “You went to concealed weapons course and you know that when an officer walks up to the car, you’re supposed to be waving your permit out the window”.
Firmly I said, “No sir, I was told that when an officer asks me for my ID, I give them both pieces at the same time and that’s exactly what I did, within 10 seconds”.
He kinda sighed and said “well, I need to identify the passengers in your vehicle”.
I said “No sir, that is my place of business and you will need a search warrant to open that door”
He says “what?”
I repeated it, and said “If you feel a threat from the vehicle 30 yards away then you have right to search the vehicle, otherwise you’ll need a search warrant.

He handed me my ID back, I got back in the limo and drove off

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 09-27-2012, 05:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
milk, what a story. what town(s) so i know where to avoid! daughter has a cross country meet in tahlequah on saturday!