Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 09-18-2014, 08:26 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1982 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes
No Fuel Pressure

I am the proud owner of a 1993 205PS 351W. The mechanical fuel pump has no pressure. Have replaced fuel pump twice (O'Reilly precision brand pump), fuel lines, fuel filter, removed front timing cover and 2 piece eccentric looks fine. I can bypass the manual fuel pump with an electric fuel pump and wham 7 lbs of fuel pressure. This is a real head scratcher for me, any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:08 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1986 ProStar 351w
check to be sure the lever on the mechanical pump is making contact. If you disconnect your fuel lines from the mechanical pump and can let the engine idle with the electric pump you mentioned, you should be able to hear and feel it suck and pump with each turn of the engine. If you can't hear it, then I bet that lever is not making contact (or enough contact) with the eccentric on the cam shaft that operates the lever. I would look at the original pump if you still have it and make sure it lines up perfectly in every way and to the finest detail. The ford might use a pushrod on the lever like Chevy does. I'm not really sure.