Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Stripes PowerSlot
tideengineer, being a newbie and reading your posts brought me to be more in awe of our medical discoveries. You and your new friend are walking the Walk and a real inspiration. One thing for sure is that we don't ever have to look far outside ourselves to find someone whose trouble is greater.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Malibu Sunsetter LXI 2006 Indmar 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by tideengineer View Post
So new update...am trying my best to get fixed a little better for the summer. Ablation on April 9th...doctor says I should only be limited for about a week and then I can hit the water. I been trying to get back into shape. Longest sustained run in a while was a fast two-mile trek on Saturday morning. Goal is a 5k pretty soon. I am so ready to slalom I don't know what to do. I am on the lookout for a nice used slalom...I weigh 185 and am above amatuer.
Referred a client to a great connection at the Cleveland Clinic about a month ago. He had been previously told that an Ablation was his only option. The wonderful folks at the CC thought it best to avoid the procedure and instead have started the latest in drug therapy. A month or so in and so far so good from what I have been told. Cannot hurt to ask about this possible line of treatment. The CC is on the cutting edge, so probably pretty credible.
Best of luck whichever direction you choose to go.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Tim View Post
Referred a client to a great connection at the Cleveland Clinic about a month ago. He had been previously told that an Ablation was his only option. The wonderful folks at the CC thought it best to avoid the procedure and instead have started the latest in drug therapy. A month or so in and so far so good from what I have been told. Cannot hurt to ask about this possible line of treatment. The CC is on the cutting edge, so probably pretty credible.
Best of luck whichever direction you choose to go.
Thanks Tim. I actually tried drug therapy for the past 6 months after a cardioversion. It worked to begin with but then the returns were gradual...went from AFIB 10% of the time to 30% then 50% now about 70%. Problem with me is that I was AFIB 100% of the time when it was discovered and never out of it. I absolutely hate the drugs...Sotalol was one that felt like I was worn out all the time...a small workout would turn me into Jello legs.

Abaltion is about 75% chance of working on the first shot and 90% on the second. If it doesn't work I will live my life on blood thinners until something new comes out.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 PM
MC Fanatic

So I had my ablation on April 9th, 9 days ago, and I feel really good. I have walked about 2 miles everyday since the 10th and I actually ran (very slowly) a 5k yesterday afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed that the surgery was a success. Will know in about 3 months for sure but as of now I feel really good. Hopefully in a few months I can get off of all the drugs.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and encouragement.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Great to hear you are doing well. You'll be up and at'em before you know it. Just don't push it or all the healing will be starting over. Best wishes......
Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by tideengineer View Post
So I had my ablation on April 9th, 9 days ago, and I feel really good. I have walked about 2 miles everyday since the 10th and I actually ran (very slowly) a 5k yesterday afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed that the surgery was a success. Will know in about 3 months for sure but as of now I feel really good. Hopefully in a few months I can get off of all the drugs.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and encouragement.
5K - That's more than I can run... you rock! Are you cycling at all? That's a great exercise and not so weight bearing....

Outstanding...you'll be back soon!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 PROSTAR 190
Wow, that's great news! Hope to see you at the lake this summer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-19-2013, 08:59 AM
MC Fanatic

Been there about 4 out of last 7 afternoons on the pontoon boat and fishing off the pier. Been perfect.