Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 09-18-2012, 05:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Sportstar 19/305 Chevy Indmar (4160 Carbed)
Oahu Hi Competition Ski Course--All Year Round

Just to let everyone know, I joined the OAHU Water Ski Club (google it) and linked up with them on Sat. morning. Thanks guys for pointing my nose in the right direction. Skied behind a 2006 Nautique, a very nice ride, and it was a super cool slalom course too (first time for me to try one). Warm salt water is real bouyant making things a little different for those with experience, I heard...

Someone is pretty much on the course on Wed, Thur, and Sat mornings all year! Guests are very welcome!! ($10 donation for whatever set you are used to). So, when you come to HI to get away from the cold, you can ski easily! I found out a water ski should be an extra $25 baggage charge. They have a couple tournaments a year here, next one is in FEB!!

Yeah, I freaked everyone out with my double handles (75' rope) and 69" wood ski... it is a maharaja though, but it was fun anyway bombing around and I only wiped out once (but could not go around two bouys one after the other). Lots of things to learn, including coming of the hole with a proper rope and how to just do anything that everyone else was doing with seemingly ease! (and lots of practice, naturally) Next time I want to try and simply use the boat lane markers and ski around them like others do on the real course...baby steps for this ol'man.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:52 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
I'm glad to hear you found it. I lived there from 97-01, but never found out about this jewel until I saw them in WaterSki Mag. Have a slice of Big Kahuna's Pizza for me!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Sportstar 19/305 Chevy Indmar (4160 Carbed)
Rainbow Ski Course

Went skiing yesterday at the Oahu Water Ski Club (OSWC) and besides being pretty much glass and bathtub warm water, we got joined by an awesome rainbow. Contact the club beforehand if you ever get out here!
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2012, 04:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 190, 1991, Indmar 351
Maui?

@mcparadise, have you heard of any skiing on Maui? Just curious, I'll be there for Thanksgiving week and was curious.