Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Maristar 240 SC
Holley 50463 rebuild manual

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a rebuild manual for the marine Holley carbs? I am of the fuel injected generation so other than assorted weed wacker, go cart, and lawnmower carbs my knowledge is limited. I understand carb theory, but after pulling out the rebuild directions I would love to have some other reference before I dive into this. I would be happy with a picture heavy walkthrough, a series of youtube videos, or something simular but I cannot seem to find anything closely related to the 4160 carbs.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
If you are rebuilding your carb, the instruction sheet will be in the packaging. Be sure to get a marine carb kit and use the same power valve.

If you are just looking for the paperwork, Holley Tech Service has the goods, as well as a tech line staffed by some really knowledgeable folks.

http://www.holley.com/TechService/Instructions.asp

If you need some assistance, shoot me a PM. I rebuild Holley carbs as a side line.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Maristar 240 SC
So far I dove into it and have not had any issues. It is fairly simple so far but I started with the secondary bowl side. The exploded parts guide has some minor differences, but they do not seem to be a problem so far. I was sure to use the marine kit for sure. I used the list # on the choke to determine the correct kit. Thanks for the help, I may have a question or 2 as I start the primary side, and begin to set mixture, idle etc.