Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
Two guys in an office?

MONKEY FACE
Old 09-17-2012, 04:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Maristar LT-1
Unfortunately, it's the same in the diesel truck community. I've owned diesel trucks since the late 80's. I use them to haul/pull heavy loads. But now, all these young guys are getting ahold of them and turning down the fuel screws and installing large fuel pins...not to increase power but to increase smoke, alot! These work horse trucks have become the new "ricers". Here you've probably got some kid that thinks that if you don't own/finance/daddy bought an $80,000.00 boat, then you're a nobody. Problem is, everyone that come in contact with this guy is going to think all MC owners are like he is, and of course we're not. Just like not all diesel truck owners think their truck should smoke like hell.
Bill
Old 09-17-2012, 04:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 PROSTAR 190
This is has got to be some kind of joke.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-17-2012, 05:06 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Someone needs to give their head a shake....
Old 09-17-2012, 05:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Originally Posted by realmastercraft View Post
Ok, I feel that its my turn to speeak here. This is my first post even though I've read the forum for about a year now.

Not to pick on kalmalka, this goes for lots of the possers on here thinking that they actually own a mastercraft. I know that I'm speaking for lots on this forum by saying that I'm growing tired of people who own an older mastercraft or a entry level x series boat like an x1or old *** x2 thinking that they are mastercraft owners. I have a new x30 and paid three times what a used x1 is worth and he's asking if he should accessorize his x1...Give me a break! He's probably the same guy who buys a used old MC and then buys a new MC t shirt and says he's a MC owner.

I saw a guy driving a truck at the launch with a huge mc decal on the back window. Wow, I'm thinking to myself, can't wait to see his boat. This guy backs in to pick up his late 80's prostar, what the #$@^^!!. I'm bothered by these people and I have to vent.

What happened to mastercraft boats being the "elite"

My answer to your question is don't waste your money..

Let's see some photos of the "new x-30" you say you have.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:22 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by realmastercraft View Post
Ok, I feel that its my turn to speeak here. This is my first post even though I've read the forum for about a year now.

Not to pick on kalmalka, this goes for lots of the possers on here thinking that they actually own a mastercraft. I know that I'm speaking for lots on this forum by saying that I'm growing tired of people who own an older mastercraft or a entry level x series boat like an x1or old *** x2 thinking that they are mastercraft owners. I have a new x30 and paid three times what a used x1 is worth and he's asking if he should accessorize his x1...Give me a break! He's probably the same guy who buys a used old MC and then buys a new MC t shirt and says he's a MC owner.

I saw a guy driving a truck at the launch with a huge mc decal on the back window. Wow, I'm thinking to myself, can't wait to see his boat. This guy backs in to pick up his late 80's prostar, what the #$@^^!!. I'm bothered by these people and I have to vent.

What happened to mastercraft boats being the "elite"

My answer to your question is don't waste your money..

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 09-17-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamalka View Post
Firstly, thanks for all the great info evertybody has given me here. I really appreciate your time and opinions. Dilemma might be a strech, i am planning to upgrade my hard tanks of my 06 x1 to 750 in the rear lockers. As i continue to get addicted to my boat, i was thinking of upgrading the speaker grills, and vent covers from mc by design. Its not cheap and im looking for advice. On one hand i love my boat, i just got it last year and would love to give it a great custom look. On the other hand, would this money be better put away for down to road in a few years to upgrade the boat as a whole. My x1 only has 200 hours on it so i hope to skate and surf behind it with the kids for a while. I know that its a personal thing, but i thought id see what folks had to say.
Do to your boat as you wish, make your boat yours
you're not the first to replace the speaker grills
Old 09-17-2012, 05:50 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Now that's good stuff there Doug.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD View Post
This is has got to be some kind of joke.
I think so as well.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:03 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
hahahahahhaah you've been saving that haven't you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post