Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2012, 11:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X2
How well does your cover fit?

2012 X2 - The cover is very loose around the tower. It's snug everywhere else, and works great. Recently had some rain and the carpet was soaked. There was even water in the cup holders under the tower area. I know around the tower is where the water is coming in.

I'm thinking it's the wrong cover maybe? Going to aks the dealer about it but wondering if anyone else with a 2012 has this issue.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 12:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X10, MCX, acme prop, Gatormat platform pad,
The brand new factory MC Cover for my 2005 X-10 did not fit around the tower mounts either. I took it to a canvas place and had it modified. It now fits perfectly. In Texas, this keeps the dirtdobbers out!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 12 X-25 its ok old X-10 the best
Talking

bump for keeping out the dirt daubers!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

@kingwoodlee - dirtdobbers, haha?

What did you have the canvas place do?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
My 2006 cover has the same problem with leaks around the tower. I was going to have my canvas guy make some modifications, but he said he needed the boat and not just pictures and measurements. I didn't feel like dragging it 2 hours in and 2 hours back to make this happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwoodlee View Post
The brand new factory MC Cover for my 2005 X-10 did not fit around the tower mounts either. I took it to a canvas place and had it modified. It now fits perfectly. In Texas, this keeps the dirtdobbers out!
Do you still have your '88 Comp? I saw your interior pictures over at the Supra forums and sent them to my father-in-law. His '89 Comp is going in for a new interior in a couple weeks and he wants to add some color to give it a little more modern look. Really nice job on the interior on that boat btw. Let me know if you have any higher resolution pics that I can get from you and I'll pm my email address.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:07 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 X2
I have a 2012 X2 and I've actually doubled up my towing cover and my storage cover so it's pretty well protected but I still saran wrap around the the tower and the cover to try and keep everything out of there. This seems to work pretty well

The problem I had with my cover is it doesn't seem like it fits very well over the back end of the boat, is it supposed to go over the swim platform? maybe that's my issue since I took the platform off for the winter and store that in my basement...
Old 09-11-2012, 02:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

@PatrickX2 - The cover does not go over the platform. It should however go down past the rub rail and rest under the first indent on the stern. see attached image. The red line is where it should stop and tightened.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
I think the cover on my 2012 X-2 (zft2) fits the same as you. I don't have a good picture of the cover on, but here's a zoom in of the best picture I have. I haven't had my cover on through rain yet, so I can't comment on water intrusion, but I don't doubt that it will get in, just not sure how much.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

@bcd - yep that is my exact cover, different color but same one. It almost needs to have an elastic band in that area to hold it tight to the tower.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRENT View Post
@PatrickX2 - The cover does not go over the platform. It should however go down past the rub rail and rest under the first indent on the stern. see attached image. The red line is where it should stop and tightened.
Thanks CBrent, I'll take a picture of what mine looks like, it has way too much slack and actually almost goes all the way down the transom.