Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-12-2012, 02:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 "Tarbaby", 2001 Prostar 190 Donor "Holestar"
Visiting Nashville End of Sept

Going to drive down for a 2 week training course, on the 21st, was hoping to find someone to give me a wakeboard or slalom pull. I'll be staying close to the airport.

Also looking for recommendations on cool places to eat, tour etc.... Unfortunately I'll be busy during the week testing but would like to do something fun while I'm there. My wife will be with me the first week so looking for recs for her also. She's more of a hike in a botanical gardens girl than shop til ya drop at the mall. She also likes to ski. (I am blessed.)

Thanks all,
Old 09-12-2012, 02:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft Limited 351W slot
if you've never been http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/nashville/. I really miss drinking/eating there.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Chief View Post
Going to drive down for a 2 week training course, on the 21st, was hoping to find someone to give me a wakeboard or slalom pull. I'll be staying close to the airport.

Also looking for recommendations on cool places to eat, tour etc.... Unfortunately I'll be busy during the week testing but would like to do something fun while I'm there. My wife will be with me the first week so looking for recs for her also. She's more of a hike in a botanical gardens girl than shop til ya drop at the mall. She also likes to ski. (I am blessed.)

Thanks all,
You want to go downtown on 2nd avenue and check out the Ryman,Tootsie's, and Union Station and also the Gulch area, it's a few block's down the road. You will like the Gulch the best. Here's some great restaurants around the Gulch. Kayne Steakhouse, Whiskey Kitchen, Virago's and The Cat Bird Seat. Cat bird seat you'll need to make reservations ASAP for it. It may even already be booked up for the end of the month.

You wife would like Cheekwood. Check it out online.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Current 02 PS190SD. Past 95 PS205
Some other good eats:

Margot's
City House
Watermark

Agree Flying Saucer is great/fun place to beer up . Check out Yazoo as well...local microbrew with very local drinking crowd.

Your wife will definitely enjoy Cheekwood. She could also go hike at Radnor Lake or Percy Warner Park.

In addition to the Ryman maybe check out Bluebird Cafe - I'm not a huge country music fan but it is a Nashville institution.

If you want to get really cultured catch a symphony at the Schermerhorn- really a great venue. The Frist Center for Viz Arts is very nice as well. Interesting exhibits from time to time.

And sorry i can't give you a pull- out of town that weekend.

Good trip Chief.

Best.

BG
Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X30
All good information on Nashville so far. There is a Mastercraft dealer 30 minutes East in Lebanon TN. Nice helpful guys. Last time I was there they had quite a few new boats to look at.

Aquasport Marine
(I have no affiliation, just been there a few times)

Enjoy Nashville, Go Titans!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
Aqua Sport marine

I agree great guys and it's also on the way to Center Hill Lake. You can stop by the dealer then head to Hurricane Marina for dinner too.