Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 09-01-2012, 02:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 06 mastercraft x1
2006 Mastercraft X-1

2006 MasterCraft X-1

$25,000 Need to sell asap

Boat: Gelcoat is in great condition. Has been painted over though! I've removed the graphics, but there isn't any ghosting where they used to be. Ive had it painted black. Water line and below has anti fouling bottom paint on it and in some areas the old gel can be seen. Needs and can be re anti fouled (if u keep in a water dock) for $700, or strip paint and wet sand old gel coat then get cut buffed and waxed for $1k - $3k

Stereo: The stereo has a JVC Head-Unit, Ipod hookup, 4 Infinity Speakers in the interior, a 10Ē sub and 8 Bazooka tower speakers with 2 amplifiers

Interior: The entire interior was replaced by Cool Customs in (april, 2012) and shows no signs of wear! It is brand new and really nice looking. Interior has Only seen the outside once when i went to collins lake in july, 2012. Since then its been garaged!

Engine/Mechanical: I replaced the engine in (june, 2012) at 460 hours because a few valves stuck and 1 bent valve. The motor was rebuilt by Danís Machine Shop in Marysville, CA. The rebuild included new pistons, new rods, new valves, seats, rings, oil pump and springs. The motor has 6 hours on it since the rebuild. The steering cable was also replaced at the same time as the rebuild.

Options: The boat comes with Perfect Pass, Tower with board racks, ballasts, large tow mirror, tinted windows, Additional battery,

Trailer: Single axle trailer with tires replaced (april, 2011).

Extras: Boat was just detailed inside and out. A new Taylor Made cover was installed in April. The boat has been garage kept since I purchased the boat in (december, 2011). Also comes with a wakeboard, few vests, some rope, plugs, lanyards

Why I am selling: I thought I was going to use this boat and own for years to come. So I put every penny I had into it to make it the nicest boat on the water and I think I have accomplished that. Unfortunately, a recent injury and medical bills are forcing the sale. I am also finding it tougher and tougher to find people to go riding with.

Problems: The boat is a 10 out of a 10 in the water! With it being out of the water its a 3 out of 10 due to the paint issue! The guy i bought it from blacked his truck and boat out and now im stuck with it! Its original color was red, previous owner which is a friend of mine took off all the decals and painted it black from the water line up as u can see in the pics. Waterline and below has been sprayed with anti fouling paint! Stickers have been installed on the back that say "black card" Anti fouling paint and the black paint is coming off now due to not a good prep job! They pressure washed the gel, degreased it then applied paint! Someone will have to strip all this paint or sand it off then wetsand the gel with very fine sandpaper to bring out the factory gel!

Last edited by New06X1; 09-01-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:01 PM
TT Newbie

pics

Heres some pics. You can see I started to sand the paint off to make sure the gell was still there! Someone who buys this will have to do something with the exterior and that should be it. You can strip the paint with stripper or sand it off then wetsand and cut buff and wax to bring out the factory gel and put the mastercraft decals back on! Defiantely some man hours to sand the exterior

Call me with any questions

Jason
530-632-7914
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2012, 05:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by New06X1 View Post
2006 MasterCraft X-1

$25,000 Need to sell asap

Boat: Gelcoat is in great condition. Has been painted over ! I've removed the graphics, Ive had it painted black. Water line and below has foul bottom paint on it and in some areas the old gel can be seen. Needs and can be foul ..........strip paint and wet sand old gel coat then get cut buffed and waxed for $1k - $3k

Interior: entire interior was replaced

Engine/Mechanical: replaced the engine by Dan’s Machine Shop

Why I had into it to make it the nicest boat on the water and I think I have accomplished that. Unfortunately

Problems: The guy i bought it from ........and now im stuck with it! ......foul paint and the black paint is coming off now due to not a good prep job! .Someone will have to strip all this paint or sand it off then wetsand the gel with very fine sandpaper to bring out the factory gel!

Quote:
Heres some pics. You can see I started ... to make sure the gell was still there! Someone who buys this will have to do something with the exterior Defiantely
Quote:

some man hours to sand the exterior

Call me Jason

Is there a warranty from Dan, on the engine work? How aboout a few more pictures please?

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 09-01-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
TT Newbie

I don't have any at the moment but ill get some here in a hour or so
Old 09-01-2012, 07:03 PM
TT Newbie

Yes I beleive its 12 months
Old 09-02-2012, 11:57 PM
TT Newbie

Pics of x-1

more pics
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 AM
TT Newbie

pics

and more
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 AM
TT Newbie

pics

and more..
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2012, 12:08 AM
TT Newbie

pics

more pics
Attached Images

Last edited by New06X1; 09-03-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:44 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
With as much corrosion on the platform, anti-foulant paint, and the anode on the rudder, it sure looks like it was used in saltwater previously. Might be worth some checking to get a history on it and where it was originally purchased.
You might also consider having someone remove the paint and restore the gelcoat rather than try and discount it for sale as is. Someone would consider it a big gamble that it can be brought back for a few grand so will probably want quite a bit off the asking price in case they have to have it recoated. Also will need all the brackets removed (platform, lifting, bow hook,etc) to restore it right.

Also would be good to do some cleanup on the trailer and throw a few new rims on. You can find chrome mastercrafts from a discount site that are less than $100 each. Also buffing out paint and fenders will do wonders.

You said you had the inside detailed so would use those pics as the carpet looks pretty grungy in the pics you have posted here as does the storage lockers. People here are pretty picky on their boat upkeep and would consider it in only fair condition inside as sitting in the shots although the upholstry looks real good. With the painted over armrest, scratched hatch supports, and discoloration on the bottoms of the engine lid,etc.

If you are able to get it cleaned up, you should be able to get a good price for it though. $ in my humble opinion, with the condition overall as is, you would be lucky to get $15k. I know it's not what you want to hear but To give you some idea of your competition There is a 2004 209 that looks brand new in fairfield/ vacaville for $19.5k. (see classified here). Thats a smoking good price for sure, but i called him yesterday and he still had it! if yours was pristine, you could probably get $30k for it but unfortunately it's a long ways from that at present and with the history, wouldnt command the same price as a single owner unmolested boat. If you really want to get a good sale price, I'd invest some money and refurbish it over the winter and sell in the spring.
Good luck with the sale!

Cheers
Ross

Last edited by Rossterman; 09-03-2012 at 12:14 PM.