Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 08-29-2012, 11:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1977 stars and stripes / 1987 winner walkaround
Exclamation 1977 Stars and Stripes Winter project or parts boat for sale

I'm new here on Team Talk but not new to the boating community. My friend and I do a little salvaging in the Summer and this boat came in. It's just too cool to tear apart and a member suggested I list it here. It's 99% all there. V8 ford motor is not seized and turns over with a wrench. cushions are pretty much shot but all there for measuring new ones. nice brushed stainless dash with all instruments. Solid hull with no holes or other damage. Very dirty and will need total detailing. Custom float-on trailer with torsion bar axle. Previous owner needed it off his property fast and we never got the registration so no title. It's located in Greenwood Lake, NY. Southern Orange County on the NJ state line. Asking 2500. I know I can sell the parts for more than that and it's certainly negotiable as I have no emotional attachment to the boat and the trailer is also somewhat valuable. In case my email doesn't show here it's mrsc42@optonline.net Thanks for looking. Hope the pics show up.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2012, 06:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
I'll take it for $2,500. Please send me a PM for my PayPal address for you to deposit $2,500 for me taking the boat off your hands.

Thank you.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 08-30-2012, 09:05 PM
TT Newbie

Well I strip boats everyday and it's not pretty watching a hull get minced by the pincers on a giant excavator. Very few of these were made and I'll definitely make much more by destroying it. Trying to have a heart here among those who might appreciate it but if not, send parts requests.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:59 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
so sad... abused and then killed.....

everything that has a beginning has an end....
Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
That poor boat. Sorry, but I don't even see 2,500 in parts there. Whoever owned that should be ashamed. And 2,500? You should be ashamed. Pirates are everywhere.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1983 Skier 190 Stars and Stripes
Mr. Mastercraft could use that windshield, PM him and make him a deal.

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 08-31-2012, 09:00 AM
TT Newbie

Jeez guys. Take it easy on me. It's only an asking price. The decision to break it up or not will be made soon and posted here.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:09 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Honestly, I'd just break it up. There's some good parts there that some people could use, but you're looking at a full on restoration project with that boat, and you'd be lucky to get half of what you're asking for the complete boat. With the condition of the rest of the boat, you can rest assured that the stringers are rotted to high heaven, foam is waterlogged, floor is in need of replacement, full interior, full gel coat detail work... and that's just what you can see. The wiring more than likely has corrossion everywhere, guages are unknown on working condition, etc. People here will just be honest with you, as they're around these boats all the time. Nobody is going to try and hurt your feelings, but that boat is ROUGH, and $2,500 is a little steep. Hell, $1,200 might be steep.

Good luck on it, I'm sure that windshield could find a new home, the skegs, underwater gear, etc.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 AM
TT Newbie

Well I've been offered 1400 for just 2 parts. (trans and dash) That makes it hard to sell the whole boat. Remember, I am a salvager. I'll still have all the rest plus a trailer. If this was an early 80's bayliner I wouldn't even think twice about it.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
I'd take that 1400...