Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyski2 View Post
I only owned the boat for four days before it got hit. I assumed I was covered because I was still paying a premium for boat insurance . I thought I had 30 days to call and give them the new vin# I was wrong !
So in fact, you were not covered with Progressive....a hard lesson and I wish you good luck in court...

Another testimony of drunken results of boating and alcohol...nothing I'd be proud to say I participated....

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 03 MasterCraft PROSTAR 197
I was a Diamond member with Progressive . I had a policy with them on 2 other boats and never had a claim .I was with them for almost 10 years .I would not recomend Progressive to anyone ever and cant stand that B.... FLO !I I think there waisting all there money on stupid adds not legitmate claims by loyal customers.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:31 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyski2 View Post
I only owned the boat for four days before it got hit. I assumed I was covered because I was still paying a premium for boat insurance . I thought I had 30 days to call and give them the new vin# I was wrong !
What kind of coverage did you have before? was the boat covered before similar in value?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:34 PM
TT Regular

I had sold my 93 PS205 in FEB. I called progressive to cancel my policy . They told me if I cancel I would lose all the benefits I'd accumulated over the years and I was a Diamond Member ,Great Costumer. I questioned the guy. Why do I need boat insurance when I dont even own a boat ? He said if I planned on buying a new boat I would retain my diamond status. I took his advice so I kept paying the premium which would cover my new boat. They were very misleading. I thought I was covered because I was paying a premium for boat insurance. They collected at least 3 months of my premium payments for insurance on a boat I didn't own yet . If I didn't let them talk me in to keeping my policy in place I would have known I had no isurance when I got my new boat. What the rep didn't explain to me was that he dropped collision and copmrehensive and kept the liability coverage. My attorney explained that they should have done the opposite which is similar to a "lay up" policy on a seasonal vehicle. They suck and they should have covered my loss due to their inadequacy and irresponsibilty to explain their actions.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 84 Correct Craft S&S
Man...that is terrible. I wish you the best.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Prostar, 351 Windsor
I feel like you just have to talk to the right person at progressive, and they should take care of it. Good luck in court!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:49 PM
TT Regular

Can it be saved????

Here are a few pics of my crashed boat. I've heard from a few people that it may actually be able to be repaired. It still runs but needs a lot of fiberglass work. The boat only has 190 hours. Let me know what you think!
Attached Images

Last edited by jonnyski2; 08-26-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
If the insurance guy genuinely mislead you then I would expect a firm but rational talk with your insurance company may rectify your issue with them. If not maybe your solicitor would say that you need to pursue it with them in court. As a customer you can only be expected to understand their policy so far. If a reasonable person would understand it in the way you did you may have some recourse on them. Hey not a lawyer though. Good luck. On a sidenote, Do mastercraft entertain the idea of selling a bare hull for all your running gear,upholstery etc.to be put in. Would be a good alternative to fibreglass repair. I can understand if they don't.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:00 PM
TT Regular

I always carried full coverage and the other boat was of similar value.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1973 MC Skier and 1970 MC Skier
Progressive is a joke of a company. I was rear ended by a young lady sending a text message. I was sitting still. She was doing about 35mph. She was insured by Progressive. We had some extensive medical bill plus the hassle of getting my car fixed. They treated my wife and I like criminals. They did not want to fix my car 100% and they tried to negotiate and not pay 100% of our medical bills. The adjusters for the car side and the goon that would harass us every few days about settling was horrible. I have no respect for the company or the company culture. It does not surprise me that they would not work with you in any way with this situation. Sad. Cheap *** insurance from a bullsh!t company. My heart goes out to you my fellow skier.