Boat: ER xstar
Finally, some entertainment around here
Old 08-21-2012, 08:46 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
Finally, some entertainment around here
I see you're from Ohio so I understand. j/k I like the riddle.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:54 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
So cantrepeat. Then you know better than most that sometimes to figure out the right way is to try the wrong way first. The photo you see is of the first pull of the day for surf. None of the posts were to suggest that others should be safe. They were that I was the example of unsafe. And in the Army I was tought to defend my intellectual capacity to its fullest. You can call me sensitive but the truth is all I said was your wrong about me, this is who I am, I noticed it was long and told him exactly how I wanted him to choke up so I could see exactly where to tie it off on the next run. The rope was then tossed away and the boat stopped and retied. You of all people should think a Marine can handle that.

They were all good points. All I said was I'm not an idiot. Then someone else compares this photo to some idiot surfing behind an I/O ... thats not even in the same world as a slightly long rope.
Fair enough.

You're new to TT so let me suggest to you that no one here really has any malice towards other users. It's not that kind of forum/board. Most everyone here is just looking to learn, share and have fun boating.

Good luck on your surf wake. We all look forward to seeing your photos so go ahead and post away.

And me of all people know that service members tend to do dangerous stuff because they think they are bullet proof when in fact they are not. It's not a question of your abilities or what you can handle, it's called force protection.

Be safe brother and again, thanks for serving Our great country! /cheers
Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Fair enough.

You're new to TT so let me suggest to you that no one here really has any malice towards other users. It's not that kind of forum/board. Most everyone here is just looking to learn, share and have fun boating.

Good luck on your surf wake. We all look forward to seeing your photos so go ahead and post away.

And me of all people know that service members tend to do dangerous stuff because they think they are bullet proof when in fact they are not. It's not a question of your abilities or what you can handle, it's called force protection.

Be safe brother and again, thanks for serving Our great country! /cheers
No problem battle. I'll keep the perspective clear.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:12 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Your a ****.

Whines about people degrading his character, and starts name calling in the same thread...... Seriously, where does the irony end...

Don't get all butthurt. LiquidForce was only trying to save your fingers, arms, neck, etc....

You were doing something stupid, you knew it was the incorrect way (which is the key point), and then you get all defensive when somebody points it out. Get over it, and welcome to the internet.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 AM
MC Devotee

Not my first forum, clearly the rudest by far. ^^^ And I know all forums give me one unwritten warning and censor without any real trouble. Glad I got to use it on you. Any comments about my wave would be appreciated. I'm done defending my rope usage in this one photo.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 WTT ProStar 197
All of this about a handle, Traxx822 you need to calm down. I don't see anything that anyone said that you should let bother you. One thing I have learned about forums is to not get wrapped up in every little thing people post. Take the good advice and leave the rest, otherwise you can take a good thread about improving your surf wake and destroy it into this.

Thanks for your service and welcome to TT, the guys on here are really pretty cool.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 WTT ProStar 197
Back to topic, to fix that wake you need to sell your boat, buy a 197, crank Zero Off up to 36 and put a slalom ski on!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:00 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
No worries, But it did sound like you assumed we were the most unsafe surfers out there. Next time you point out issues you see, don't assume the worst. Half of your suggestions like wrapping it around his hand ... it kinda looks like that in the photo but that was not the case at all ... weren't even issues in the photo. Good points for others but not an issue here for me.

Not to mention the assumption that i'm too cheap to spend $30 on a surf rope and handle.

And its not like he pulled up with the line and not the handle and I did see how it looked before posting but it was the best shot I had of the wave thus why I used it.
What this looks like to me is that you assume that he assumes that you don't know the proper way to do things. See where all these assumptions get us? I don't know what being in the Army has to do with fixing stupid. Stupid is everywhere, even in the Army. Are you stupid? I don't think so... but don't go acting like someone pi$$ed in your cheerios just because you read something you didn't want to hear.

Welcome to the forum, wake looks good... wish I could get a surf wave like that.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 AM
MC Devotee

It's you guys that need to calm down. My point of saying that he was and I am a veteran was not to apply a need for gratitude. It was so you guys could understand that we have better abilities to take direction and have safety in mind than your average bear.

somehow that makes me look like a bad guy. Everything is lost in translation and I wasn't being mean but giving my explanation and asking nicely to not make assumptions like that. Then everyone else started in.

So can we stay on topic or bury this thread.