Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1985 mastercraft s&s
1985 Master Craft Stars and Stripes Special Edition

Hey guys, I never thought this would happen but I have decided to sell my Master Craft.. This boat has been my baby for the past three years and I always thought I would keep it forever. But I've only taken it out 2 maybe 3 times this summer, so it's time to sell it to get a center console..

This Master Craft has the 351 Ford Windsor motor with 331 original hours. Garage kept, and religiously maintained.

Recent upgrades within last 30 hours
New Upholstery and carpet
New Ignition coil
New plugs and wires
New Marine grade Starter
New Holley 4 Barrel Carb
**Trailer has been completely gone through, all brand new**

This boat runs great, but is lacking a few things nothing major just comsetic. Marine Radio (I have Marine speakers Ill throw in), the teak could be re-done, and it could use a paint job, the red is fading to a pinkish color but it still looks good

I am located in Central Florida, I am willing to deliver the boat within a reasonable distance, I am willing to work something out

I will try to pull it out and take a video of it running this weekend but here are some pics for now, I am taking offers, but dont low ball me I dont need to sell it I'm not giving it away. Possible trades include set of atv's, center console boat, jeep, land, anything of value, let me know what you got 813 394 7398 thanks Josh
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2012, 07:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraft29 View Post
Hey guys, I never thought this would happen but I have decided to sell my Master Craft.. This boat has been my baby for the past three years and I always thought I would keep it forever. But I've only taken it out 2 maybe 3 times this summer, so it's time to sell it to get a center console..

This Master Craft has the 351 Ford Windsor motor with 331 original hours. Garage kept, and religiously maintained.

New Ignition coil
New plugs and wires
New Marine grade Starter
New Holley 4 Barrel Carb

This boat runs great, but is lacking a few things nothing major just comsetic. Marine Radio (I have Marine speakers Ill throw in), the teak could be re-done, and it could use a paint job, the red is fading to a pinkish color but it still looks good

I am located in Central Florida, I am willing to deliver the boat within a reasonable distance, I am willing to work something out

I will try to pull it out and take a video of it running this weekend but here are some pics for now, I am taking offers, but dont low ball me I dont need to sell it I'm not giving it away. Possible trades include set of atv's, center console boat, jeep, land, anything of value, let me know what you got 813 394 7398 thanks Josh
Josh,
Exactly what options or additions constitute the "special edition" for the 1985 model?

Has the boat been in brackish or salt water?

Is it free, since there is no price?

Do you have the receipts for the carb, starter, and interior?

Thanks

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 08-19-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:56 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1985 mastercraft s&s
Josh,
Exactly what options or additions constitute the "special edition" for the 1985 model?

Has the boat been in brackish or salt water?

Is it free, since there is no price?

Do you have the receipts for the carb, starter, and interior?

Thanks

The Black and red suggest it is a special edition, i dont know details i never really looked into it to be honest

no the boat has never been in brackish or salt water, lack of rust on the trailer is a good indication

i am taking offers, if you have one let me know

i would have to look for receipts, they may have been thrown away
Old 08-19-2012, 08:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
Hi Josh, Can I suggest you clean it right up if you want a good response selling it. I am not in the market but it just doesn't sit right trying to sell it like that. Just trying to be constructive not negative. Cheers.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermegan View Post
Hi Josh, Can I suggest you clean it right up if you want a good response selling it. I am not in the market but it just doesn't sit right trying to sell it like that. Just trying to be constructive not negative. Cheers.
Agreed.

Josh, this is a tough crowd for selling, in that, most folks here know the ins and outs better than the average Craigslist buyer (per se). Also offering and agreeing with what Peter has suggested, that's all....

Cheers

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 08-22-2012, 06:04 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1979 MC stars and strips 351
Send a message via Yahoo to you could of had a MC

If you want to sell for top dollar, it needs to be real clean and kept that way.... mine has been for over 15 years that i have owned.... and I'll entertain offers from those that know what to look for.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Other
I am pretty sure that color schem is not factory. I dont think the hot pink was popular quite yet!

Definately get some better pics. Get all that clutter out of there. At least make it look like you take care of it.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by you could of had a MC View Post

If you want to sell for top dollar, it needs to be real clean and kept that way.... mine has been for over 15 years that i have owned.... and I'll entertain offers from those that know what to look for.
you missed a little smudge on the starboard valve cover...come on!!!!!! ....sorry couldn't resist.

gorgeous...nice symptom tell for OCDMC...

Where did you get the clear reinforced hose...luv that idea....
Old 08-22-2012, 09:31 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraft29 View Post

New Ignition coil
New plugs and wires
New Marine grade Starter
New Holley 4 Barrel Carb

Font on decal is all wrong... has anyone ever seen anything but the old font with the star in the "C" or the hemi-head new?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1979 MC stars and strips 351
Send a message via Yahoo to you could of had a MC
Jim@BAWS got me my graphics, they were exactly what I pulled off. This is a requirement over the S&S metalflake as they will all have some Sun fade. As for the hose I found it at a local hose and fitting shop (farm)