Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 650lbs of Lead.
I think Nic is correct, tracking fins come standard with the pro package is what i heard, but i agree with Nordicron, they should be standard on a 100k wakeboard boat! I have them on My X-30 and even had them on my old Moomba.

Different people and dealers have different things to say about the boats and the wake but from my experince the X-30 does everything very well.

Rear seat is the best option going. Don't buy a 30 without it!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: NA
The reason they are not standard it that they are not needed with the lowered powered motors.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Well Matt either my dealer is wrong or your wrong...
I specifically asked about fins and he said 'no not standard, they are still part of option package'. Not sure what packages but it sounds like available with more than just the 6.2 though. If I was more interested in the boat I would have sat down with him and got into the numbers but until MC gets smart and puts the rear facing seats in it I'm not interested at all.
Good question, I was told they are now standard, however I am getting the Pro Package, IMO, the only way to go and a 6.2.

As far as Rear Facing Flip "go, go, gadget" Seats, again to each their own, I think they are ridiculous. But again, I like the X25 Flip chill seats, I like Pickle Forks, it's my money and I will buy what "I" like and really don't give a crap about all the other opinions because they are just that opinions! Please don't drag this forum into a WW discussion. Jeez.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Dude chill out because your the one dragging it that way. Most of these high end boats are just one big gadget anyway. Just so happens MC is leaving this one Great gadget out for atleast another year on the x-25.

And sorry Jason I don't buy it that it only needs it in higher HP. Many people on this and other forums comment how much better the boat handles with fins vs without. I agree it may not "need" fins but it sure seems that it does benefit from fins.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Dude chill out because your the one dragging it that way. Most of these high end boats are just one big gadget anyway. Just so happens MC is leaving this one Great gadget out for atleast another year on the x-25.

And sorry Jason I don't buy it that it only needs it in higher HP. Many people on this and other forums comment how much better the boat handles with fins vs without. I agree it may not "need" fins but it sure seems that it does benefit from fins.
Already chilled my man, just not sure why you are on this forum stating opinions on MC products, you are not a registered user, you don't own an MC and as stated not in the market for one? Why would anyone care what your opinion is about tracking fins, flip seats etc. I'll let others chime in, for me I'm done with the subject.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:20 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 650lbs of Lead.
Wow, that took a turn for the worse quick.

I think you would have to look long and hard to find people who don't like the Rear Flip seat, rear lounge seats on a 25, tracking fins or a pickle fork bow. All awesome features that make the boats a mastercraft; both unique and user friendly. I personally have NEVER heard someone say to me that the rear flip seat is "ridiculous", in fact it's the most talked about feature on my boat and something every single person has loved. To each their own, as mattscraft mentioned, but good luck finding someone to agree with you about that rear seat being ridiculous.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 Mastercraft X-30
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Wow, that took a turn for the worse quick.

I think you would have to look long and hard to find people who don't like the Rear Flip seat, rear lounge seats on a 25, tracking fins or a pickle fork bow. All awesome features that make the boats a mastercraft; both unique and user friendly. I personally have NEVER heard someone say to me that the rear flip seat is "ridiculous", in fact it's the most talked about feature on my boat and something every single person has loved. To each their own, as mattscraft mentioned, but good luck finding someone to agree with you about that rear seat being ridiculous.
.... I agree!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:04 AM
TT Enthusiast

Wow? Not sure how I got Matt so angry. Don't know what it means to be registered user but I've been a member for over a year. My neighbor and good friend owns a MC, I ride on and with other guys who own MC. I often stop in to my local MC dealer and check out the new boats and chat with the staff whom I like very much! They are a great dealer and I would love to own a MC for the simple fact of having them as a dealer. I love wake boats and board sports. Was prob out on the water over 300hrs this year alone. Are those reasons enough for me to be on this forum, in this tread? If I did buy a MC it likely would be a pre 2013 star or x-25 but right now this model yr I just don't think so for the reasons I stated already.
Last reason is because it's just so easy to be on this forum and comment with Tapatalk!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
So finally decided to stick with the X25 for my 2013 order (finalizing Saturday). Both boats had tons of great features and I'm sure I'd be happy with either or, however, sticking with what I know in the X25 (though I'll be choked if they put the rear-facing seat in it next year).
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason95gt View Post
The reason they are not standard it that they are not needed with the lowered powered motors.
Not trying to restart a fight, but how can the horsepower make a difference in the way the boat tracks? If you pull to the side and it affects the tracking, what does that have to do with the leftover horsepower you're not using? If anything I would think that a larger engine would weigh more thereby slightly enhancing tracking, so it would make more sense to me that you would need them more with the smaller engine if anything.