Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 05-18-2013, 07:41 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar190
Does this look right?

I've had this boat for 2 years now, 96 prostar. Something I have wondered about is the throttle lever position in neutral. The picture shows the neutral position on my boat. Is it normal not to be at the top? Also the little ring below the ball on the end does nothing. Should this be connected to something, maybe a safety switch to keep from accidentally pushing the lever into gear?
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 Prostar 197
It should be straight up and down and the ring is a gear lock out system as in your not suppose to be able to put it in forward or reverse without pulling up the ring. A good safety feature for sure!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
someone moved the arm back on the splines because its better not to have the arm on your knee at full throttle, if it were my boat I'd leave it like it is
Old 05-18-2013, 08:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar190
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
someone moved the arm back on the splines because its better not to have the arm on your knee at full throttle, if it were my boat I'd leave it like it is
You're right, I kind of like it the way it is. At full throttle the lever is pretty much level. Like you say if it were the way it is supposed to be it would be way down there. Not sure how that safety thing connects though.