Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 06-18-2015, 01:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft 08 x1 RTP 310
2008 X1 Ballast Switch with a Double Blink

Hey guys,

I am a proud new owner of a 2008 Mastercraft X1. The boat is pretty much in mint condition and only has 171 hrs. The only two problems that I have found are the two rear ballast pumps (seized) and a bilge pump (seized).

I had TSR replace the 2 rear ballast pumps and the bilge pump. I took the boat out last weekend and everything worked great. Day 3, I tried to fill the ballasts and the timers starting giving me the double blink on all three ballast switches. Initially, I was trying to fill two-three tanks at the same time and may have overloaded the system. Even when I tried to run the ballasts pumps one at a time, they still continued to blink twice and would not run. I don't know if I may have picked up some debris in one of my lines or a bug living in the lines made their way back into the pump. The rivers have been full of debris due to all the rain. From what I have read on the forum, two blinks means the ballast system has an overload, kinked line or blockage in a line. I am a new boat owner and really don't know my way around the boat quite yet. Do I need to flush the lines? or Reset the system? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated on how to resolve the issue.

Greg
Attached Images

Last edited by surfer2; 06-18-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 X-Star
I can't help with your issue, but that's a great looking boat. Welcome.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X1
I have almost the exact same boat except the rear of mine is dark grey. The timers are notorious for sucking but there is a guy on here that reprograms them. I will be having him do mine soon. If they're not working, either something is stuck, or the timer is hosing you.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Was 2007 X1 - now looking
EDIT - did not read entire post saying they did work so I removed a bunch of valuable comments that assumed they never worked.

Last edited by bobx1; 06-18-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
nice looking x1.

here the thread to have your timers redone. best $$$ i have spent.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ghlight=timers
Old 06-18-2015, 05:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X1
breakers?

Also maybe try to reset the breakers under the switches. They are a rubber cover over the breaker switch. You have to kind of press in and feel the breaker reset. I seem to recall mine blinking when the breaker was triggered.

Cheers, Steve.

Tags
ballast, ballast problems, x-1