Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 08-31-2004, 11:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, 35th Anniversary Edition, 03 Stars & Stripes
What bindings should I get for Mapple ski?

I just told a guy I'd buy his extra 68" 04 Mapple. It doesn't have any bindings? So what bindings would you guys recommend? O'brien has the new Bio with front laces while the Contact has been around a couple of years with rear laces.
My old ski 1997/84- KD 7000 is better than I am, but I got a great deal so now I have to invest in bindings. If anyone has bindings for sale, let me know (I need mediums).
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm still learning the course at 15 off and 30-32 mph. I make 4-6 about 50% of the time now that I'm letting go with one hand (a huge difference).
amonette516@comcast.net
Old 08-31-2004, 11:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 MariStar 210VRS 330hp Tower, Ballast, Bimini, 400w Clarion
George, I got the BIOs with my new Mapple, and I think they're great bindings, but I have no experience with the Contacts...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pristine, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "-- WOW--What a Ride!"
Old 09-01-2004, 12:44 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: ProStar 190 1996 LT1
George,I have contacts on my 03 Mapple.The front one ripped last week. My 01 Mapple has Force bindings on it and the rear ripped last year. Right now I'm skiing my 01 with a front Force and rear Contact.
Both of them ripped in the front of the waps.
I think that the front lace will last longer.
If I could find a pair of the Bios I would get them.
The Mapple is a lot of ski. Don't let it the best of you. Be ready to adjust the fin.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:01 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
George, I responded on that other thread. I liked the contacts fine and used them for two seasons without any ripping. But compare my pictures to John B's and our differing experiences make more sense. No info on the Bio bindings. They probably offer more support and comfort to be sure, but I'm curious as to how they release if you get dumped over the front of the ski.

John B has it right --- it's a lot of ski. Very light. Very fast. Loves to be on edge. Also, I've never had such an easy time getting up on a ski as I did on the Mapple.

Just to iterate from the other post. Love the Animals, but don't know if they'll fit the hole pattern on your ski. Heard great things about the Wileys wraps.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.