Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Other Items

Old 08-04-2015, 08:57 PM
TT Regular

Boat: none
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400

In the sake of full disclosure I am listing all known issues. This car is a solid running, driving, stopping vehicle. I enjoy it immensely, but I just don't drive it and my family will get a lot more use out of a Mastercraft. This car is a driver, not a project or a rust bucket. Conversely, this is not a $50k resto. There are some cosmetic issues, but I get compliments on the car every time I take it out of the garage.
Feel free to ask questions. The car is located in the northwest suburbs of Detroit. Please PM with a phone number and the best time to call if interested. I will not negotiate price via phone or internet.

For Sale: 1968 Pontiac Firebird $20k firm.

Exterior: 7/10
Older restoration with color change repaint using GM "STS" Blue paint. Car was originally Verdero Green. There is some bubbling, knicks, chips and scratches from use. Wear spot on the passenger door from panel misalignment. Doors have been shimmed since, no issues now. There is also a scratch in drivers side rear quarter panel from previous owner. Floors have been patched. 17" Pontiac GTO wheels painted cyber gray metallic with brand new (less than 200 miles) Continental ExtremeContact DW tires.

Interior: 8/10
Black vinyl deluxe interior. Originally a burlwood trimmed car. The console and closeout panel have been removed, but I do still have them and they can be included. Radio Delete (car is wired for a radio), Pro-Car Rally front bucket seats. New black carpet. Headliner coming unstitched in rear. Speedometer inoperable- needs new cable. Windshield wipers inoperable- switch shorted out.

Mechanicals: 8/10
Strong running Pontiac 400ci/ Muncie 4spd. Not numbers matching. Has aftermarket cam and ported heads and Edelbrock intake. New clutch, rear main seal, oil pump, starter, and battery. 4 wheel disc brakes with Hawk HPS Pads. Steering and suspension rebuilt last spring. Moog parts used with lifetime warranty. Hooker Longtube Headers with true dual flowmaster 2.5 inch exhaust. 8.5 inch 10 bolt rear end with 2.73 highway gear. Car cruises at 2200 RPM at 70 miles per hour.

I may trade for the right v drive boat.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:19 PM
TT Regular

Wanted to add a few more recent photos

Old 08-05-2015, 03:46 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Looks pretty darn good to me, an potential buyers will truly appreciate the full disclosure. GLWS
Old 08-06-2015, 07:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190
Good looking ride.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:04 AM
TT Regular

Thanks guys.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:28 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
Beautiful car. Its a dream of mine to own one very similar to your own. To bad I am absent the money or this car would be sold..
Old 08-20-2015, 09:44 AM
TT Regular

Thanks for the kind words. I drove the car about 300 miles last week. This car gets attention everywhere. I will be sad when its gone.