Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-03-2012, 11:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 mastercraft X 2 350 mxc
I always come in Really SLOOOW. put out your bumpers and have only ONE person help grab the dock . everyone else should be seated and out of the way. If you have to SLAM it in reverse I would think you are way fast in forward. Just bump it in and out of gear as slow as you can. Don't know what your dock looks like but on any boat you should never have to slam it into reverse hard .
Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Depending on where you are coming into "dock" is going to dictate how to handle her. At our marina there are slips and I prefer to back in. Backing in is a breeze and easy. Head for the slip you want and swing her hard over, do not turn the steering wheel through out the rest of the "docking". Just hit reverse and bring her in. When she starts walking go forward and ya stern will swing towards the dock, back and forth with out turning the steering wheel.

Like someone else said, take her out by yourself and throw out a cushion and practice. I've been on boats since I was a baby as my daddy was a shrimping boat captain, (says in best Forrest Gump voice) and I have docked 85' shrimp boats so it just takes practice. You can do it!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:25 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
Depending on where you are coming into "dock" is going to dictate how to handle her. At our marina there are slips and I prefer to back in. Backing in is a breeze and easy. Head for the slip you want and swing her hard over, do not turn the steering wheel through out the rest of the "docking". Just hit reverse and bring her in. When she starts walking go forward and ya stern will swing towards the dock, back and forth with out turning the steering wheel.

Like someone else said, take her out by yourself and throw out a cushion and practice. I've been on boats since I was a baby as my daddy was a shrimping boat captain, (says in best Forrest Gump voice) and I have docked 85' shrimp boats so it just takes practice. You can do it!
While in college I worked for an excursion boat company that had 125' and 138' boats. I was crew chief of the smaller boat which was a true stern-wheel boat. It had a lot of the same characteristics in maneuvering as an inboard.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 08-03-2012, 08:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Looks like the boat's name was rather fitting.
For the owner and most likely not so temporary.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:29 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, 200V, Corvette LT1
Thanks for all the advice guys i went out and practiced today a bunch of times i can definitely reduce the speed of the boat by doing the "in and out of gear" trick but then i feel like i lose control of the boat unless it's in gear. I have already gotten better for sure i just need to figure out the wheel and rear end swings... I completely changed my parking too and i now have to park my boat like in the videos where i pull up to the dock and the whole right side of the boat now sits flush against the dock...

I also noticed that there was a black rubber thing and the way i was parked last time every time my boat went up and down it was making rubber streaks on the side of the boat. Anyone have any ideas on how or what to use to buff this out?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Matercraft Prostar205v
If its just rubber ....use a little "Goof Off"". Takes it right off
Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
no, no, no, you're all wrong. this is how you do it:
I'm still trying to figure out just how this happened!