Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 07-23-2012, 09:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
2008 X14 Ballast Breaker

Does anyone know where the breaker panel for the KGB ballast pump is located?

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:37 AM
TT Regular

Boat: current: 2010 X14v, 350MCX - former: 1997 PS190 w/ LT1
x14v

I would love to know the answer to this too. My KGB has stopped working. Several calls to my dealer could not answer this question. Anxious to learn to see if this fixes it.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214 w/ mini tower mcx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Does anyone know where the breaker panel for the KGB ballast pump is located?

Thanks!
Our '08 PS214 came equiped with the X-14 ballast package. There is a fiberglass pannel below the dash, right above where you rest your feet while sitting at the helm. Remove it, the ballast timer system and breakers are mounted there.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '08 X14 MCX Slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts-20 View Post
Our '08 PS214 came equiped with the X-14 ballast package. There is a fiberglass pannel below the dash, right above where you rest your feet while sitting at the helm. Remove it, the ballast timer system and breakers are mounted there.
You can also get to the back side by removing the stbd bow cushion. May give you a little more room.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
I checked the switches under the panel near my feet and they were all marked but nothing was marked for the ballast. I will check again.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
I checked the switches under the panel near my feet and they were all marked but nothing was marked for the ballast. I will check again.

Thanks
This isn't my boat, but its the best pic I could find. See the white textured panel under the helm? On our '08 PS214, that is how you access the ballast breakers and timers. Its not easy, there isn't much room. Like someone said before, you can access the backside of the same area by removing the starboard bow cushion.
Attached Images

Last edited by gts-20; 07-23-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
This isn't my boat, but its the best pic I could find. See the white textured panel under the helm? On our '08 PS214, that is how you access the ballast breakers and timers. Its not easy, there isn't much room. Like someone said before, you can access the backside of the same area by removing the starboard bow cushion.
I can’t find any reference to “ballast” in that panel under the dash either...
Old 07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
TT Regular

Breakers

Crawled all through my boat this weekend. There are no breakers labeled ballast on the x14v panel under the helm station. I located the two ballast pumps for Port / Starboard in the engine compartment behind the motor. I looked to see if I could find any in-line fuses that are accessible, with no success.

I called my dealer twice and got two wrong answers---anyone with any insight here would be greatly appreciated.

My KGB never worked after de-winterizing for this season.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mramerman@gmail.com View Post
Crawled all through my boat this weekend. There are no breakers labeled ballast on the x14v panel under the helm station. I located the two ballast pumps for Port / Starboard in the engine compartment behind the motor. I looked to see if I could find any in-line fuses that are accessible, with no success.

I called my dealer twice and got two wrong answers---anyone with any insight here would be greatly appreciated.

My KGB never worked after de-winterizing for this season.
thats strange. I watched the MC dealer tech check the breakers for our DD214 under the helm.

The KGB (front) pump on our boat is accessed through the floor hatch, in the picture, between the helm and oberserver seats. There is a valve right next to the pump. My dealer closes those valves during winterization.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:13 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
thats strange. I watched the MC dealer tech check the breakers for our DD214 under the helm.

The KGB (front) pump on our boat is accessed through the floor hatch, in the picture, between the helm and oberserver seats. There is a valve right next to the pump. My dealer closes those valves during winterization.
Yes, I do know where the KGB and valve is. Maybe the pumps are tied into something else like bilge and that is how it is labeled now.

Do you know if your ballast pumps are all tied into the same breaker (three pumps on breaker)?