Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 07-19-2012, 12:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1984 Mastercraft Powershot S&S
Thanks, nauti!

That's pretty awesome! Sounds like your wifey is quite the catch! I had a deal with the lady that if she is getting a ring and all these awesome things (that is coming out of my wallet) that I get a 1962 Lincoln Continental project... Welp! The garage is still empty but her fingers are iced out. All in all, I cant complain being that she not only condoned but was excited about the boat purchase. I have a long time (any many projects in the queue) to get a Lincoln.

I was thinking a compressed hydro shock. The cup holders are for the people in the back and I'll be sure to check out that link. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1985 MC S/S
I added a marine 12v power point in the observer seat housing next to the drivers seat. Sorry, I don't have pics. I purchased off ebay...it was very cheap. The install turned out well.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007, PS214, MCX 350
Exactly! That's what said. Between a nice house, the Finger Bling, and a big party (wedding which we paid for).....a boating lifestyle is the least a skier could hope for!!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
I put a 10" sub with just a standard box up in the bow of my boat with the amp screwed to the back of the box. I stuffed it right in front of the little foot rest thing in the drivers foot area with the sub facing towards the front of the boat. I still have plent of storage in the bow, and the way the sub sits in there makes the whole bow act as a giant box that sends all the bass right out at the open area by my feet when I'm driving. It works well.

I have some pictures in this thread:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=47264
Old 07-19-2012, 05:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205
For rear passenger cup holders you could go with some of the folding kind and mount them to the rear of the engine cover, rear seat base, or side panels. The early Prostar 205's came with two of these mounted to the front of the engine cover for driver and passenger. They are inexpensive and space saving as well. My '92 205 surprisingly still has the original MC cup holders fully functioning.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Beautiful S&S - Congratulations!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:38 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by itch2ski View Post
For rear passenger cup holders you could go with some of the folding kind and mount them to the rear of the engine cover, rear seat base, or side panels. The early Prostar 205's came with two of these mounted to the front of the engine cover for driver and passenger. They are inexpensive and space saving as well. My '92 205 surprisingly still has the original MC cup holders fully functioning.
Do they come with the train set also?!?!?!?!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:40 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
I put a 10" sub with just a standard box up in the bow of my boat with the amp screwed to the back of the box.
I have some pictures in this thread:
Nice, man! Looks good. That's where I was thinking of putting it. Just like the compact nature of this one too.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 14' aluminum jonboat
Congrats sxerob. You have one good looking woman there. and your wife is mighty easy on the eyes as well.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:34 AM
TT Regular

Gracias, sir.

I received my carb kit and tore in to things this Friday. Quickly, I realized that I did not have the right one. Even after giving the guy my carb number and him telling me what I needed to buy. Turns out they dont have a kit that fits the needs of this carb... I need a different throttle body flange gasket and marine needle and seats. We are going to have piece a kit together, which Mike's is working on now. Hopefully it wont be too much of a hassle...

That being said, seems as though the power valve is good and the other o-rings etc are in pretty decent shape. The other diagnosis was a vacuum leak, which would have been at the throttle body doesnt seem like it would be the case as the gasket is in pretty good shape also...who knows what's up. Either way, Im going to continue rebuild and put back together and test out.