Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2014, 04:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 07' Mastercraft X30 LY6
Am I Crazy?

Would I be crazy to sell my pristine 07' X30 and buy a Supra SC400?

I've had three Mastercrafts and have always been loyal to the brand.

Problem is, the new ones are out of my reach.

Would love to get everyone's thoughts.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2014, 04:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar LY6, 2006 X-15 (gone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyriserX9 View Post
Would I be crazy to sell my pristine 07' X30 and buy a Supra SC400?

I've had three Mastercrafts and have always been loyal to the brand.

Problem is, the new ones are out of my reach.

Would love to get everyone's thoughts.
Well, personally while not on a brand new Supra. I don't think you would be happy with overall engineering of the boat, fit, finish, etc.

I also don't like the look of them.... but that is just my own personal taste.

That being said. I too see the "new" prices, and for where I am in ND. We have about 3 good months, and hope for good weather. I try to have a wet suit and dry suit just to ride a bit longer, and do ride into October. Just hard to justify 100K or in most cases a $150K

PS, when is the X30 for sale?
Old 07-31-2014, 04:19 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Before people come in and bash Skiers Choice boats, I have spent a lot of time in a new 22v, SA450 and about to grab some sets on an SC450. I can tell you they are right on par with the big three all day. With the new surf system, an LS3 and all the creature comforts you could dream of, I believe its money well spent. I will give them a hard look when it comes time to upgrade down the road! I say go for it!
Old 07-31-2014, 04:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
NOPE!!! (not crazy)

Supra makes a great boat. May want to wait til the 15th of August though and see what the new SE has to offer.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
The new Supras (worlds, etc) are pretty sweet
Old 07-31-2014, 04:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft x30 2014
I think that you will be disappointed with fit and finish and drivability and functionality of the accessories. The Supra will be nice compared to an older boat but new boat to new boat I think that the MC is a better buy I am not sure what the pricing is like in your state but if you price one out for your spec You can get the two boats closer than you think you may have to give up on some creature comforts but I am running a New X30 and it is the best MC I have ever run.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Nothing wrong at all with the Supras. I think the fit/finish is fantastic. If a company wants to price you out........have at another one. #Murica

Quote:
I think that you will be disappointed with fit and finish and drivability and functionality of the accessories. The Supra will be nice compared to an older boat but new boat to new boat I think that the MC is a better buy
Ummmm have you been in a supra lately? Ps I'm not MC bashing but have you been reading some of the nightmare stories on here about the new boats. Don't think MC is showing its best side lately especially when its come to customer service and issues coming out of the factory.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:31 PM
MC Maniac

I would say my Supra is on par or better when it comes to fit and finish for the 2006 models than any of the other boats. The dash looks nice compared to the boring dashes of same vintage malibu's and MC's, and the thing definitely doesn't feel cheaply built. They're solid hulls with a lifetime warranty. Hand laid just like MC's, and when it comes to seams and how everything fits together, I have absolutely zero complaints on mine, and it's a 2006. Supra also still is using toggles for ballast, which I think most here would LOVE to have back. Also, the swell system is creating some great waves out of these boats.

I'd go test ride one, sit in it, and see what you think. Word is the new ones handle incredibly well even fully weighted down.

Signed,
Your resident supra fanboi
Old 07-31-2014, 04:35 PM
MC Maniac

Plus, how can you deny the sinister look this has sitting in the water. Supra lines are sexy.

SA

24SSV
Old 07-31-2014, 04:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
its all about choices ... but why would you be selling your '07 X30? does it not have features or wake/ride that you like?

I won't bash another brand but do think MC makes one of the finest boats available, appearance, fit, finish, etc. and will stick with them. If they price themselves out of your market, that's understandable ... choices ... our '04 X2 fits our needs, why trade if it works well?