Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 07-10-2012, 12:20 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Xstar
Is NVS out of business?

Looking at getting a new set of tower speakers for my new boat, I previously had 2 NVS Addictions and an Entity and it was great. I tried going to (www.NVS1.net) and it seems like its down? Does anyone have Duanes email? Also, what is everyones opinion on the Rev 410 Wet Sounds and how do they compare to the NVS? Any better speakers out there?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X9, MXC 350
I just tried to google them and nothing came up but forum talk and EBay. Not my idea of a company I feel comfortable with. Wet sounds has a ton of respect here. I'm thinking of a winter project with wet sounds.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
Duane and his partner have closed NVS and Duane has retired. Duane made the annoucement on WakeWorld earlier this season.
Personally, I am sorry to see Duane exit the industry.
Now that Wetsounds has entered the 10-inch HLCD market with the REV10s and REV410, I believe you should still be able to find any performance level you are looking for.

David
Earmark Marine
Old 07-11-2012, 12:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 x star. 6.0l
Nvs closing sucks since I have two sets of towers hope nothing goes wrong. Duane is an awesome guy with great customer service.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
As mentioned nvs has closed up shop. I too will miss those guys. It was more of a hobby for Duane than an actual business model. I can only venture to guess............but the way the tower speaker market has exploded with marketing, advertising, r&d, and in general just more and more demand it's hard to keep that part up. Especially with all the new tower designs and features going away from standard tube mounting points. Again this is all speculation from people around the industry.
Almost every boat these days has a tower speaker system and more and more mfg have signed deals with company's to offer their products as packages. That leaves us older boat owners and upgraders as the only market left. And the life span of these things almost last as long as the boat when taken care of properly.

I also pretty sure that Duane being the guy that he is will alway stand behind is product and help those who just purchased his gear rectify issues.

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Xstar
Great, thanks for the info.