Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 07-13-2014, 01:34 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1997 Mastercraft Prostar
1997 Prostar 190 rear seat replacement

After 16 years of use my rear seat of my 1997 Prostar 190 finally buckled. In it's defense it was stepped on by my buddy who is 6'4" and about 245. I'm very particular about my boat, so I did my best to find an exact replacement. I was able to find an aluminum matrix board from a supplier in Michigan. The board was 4 x 8 feet in size, so shipping was not a cost affective option. I had to make the 5 hour round trip to pick the board up from the other side of the state. I had my upholstery shop cut the piece into pieces, so I had a back up just in case someone were to crush it again. I've started reinforcing the seat by shoving seat cushions under it, so that my big friends won't bend it again. I would highly recommend this to anyone that has a seat that hasn't buckled. I'm fairly certain I won't be needing the extra piece. If anyone out there is interested in a custom cut piece for your boat please contact me. I would be willing to sell it for 1/2 my purchase price, plus shipping.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2014, 06:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 96 ProStar 190 LT1
I believe you have a sought after piece and there should be interest. Are you willing to share what 1/2 of your cost?...or are you wanting 100 private messages?
Old 07-13-2014, 03:22 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Prostar190, Corvette engine
I'll buy it
Old 07-14-2014, 08:54 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190, LT1
Check out this thread for some aluminum supports I made for my seat. There have been a couple other methods by other members, but this has worked very good for me. Unfortunately my rear seat is like a walkway with all the kids, and there is zero movement with the supports.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=50643
Old 08-03-2014, 02:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, Prostar 190, 1996, 350TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by michskier View Post
After 16 years of use my rear seat of my 1997 Prostar 190 finally buckled. In it's defense it was stepped on by my buddy who is 6'4" and about 245. I'm very particular about my boat, so I did my best to find an exact replacement. I was able to find an aluminum matrix board from a supplier in Michigan. The board was 4 x 8 feet in size, so shipping was not a cost affective option. I had to make the 5 hour round trip to pick the board up from the other side of the state. I had my upholstery shop cut the piece into pieces, so I had a back up just in case someone were to crush it again. I've started reinforcing the seat by shoving seat cushions under it, so that my big friends won't bend it again. I would highly recommend this to anyone that has a seat that hasn't buckled. I'm fairly certain I won't be needing the extra piece. If anyone out there is interested in a custom cut piece for your boat please contact me. I would be willing to sell it for 1/2 my purchase price, plus shipping.
What size was the original piece and how much?
Old 08-03-2014, 02:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 190
What is the product name? I want to try to search my area, to work on a couple of floor areas when the time comes...

Tags
1997 prostar, rear seat, replacement, upholstery