Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
You just keep talking that SMACK dog!!!! Let's see one case? That should last you about 1 quarter.......LOL

One of us will be crying in his beer that's for sure!!!
Naw, thats one thing I don't do! I love em' but I ain't gonna let it ruin my good times! Either way, I'm sure we'll get our fill of beer that day. BTW, have you signed up yet? And is anybody else from Jacksonville going down? Jim wants 50 boats there!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:49 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidog
Naw, thats one thing I don't do! I love em' but I ain't gonna let it ruin my good times! Either way, I'm sure we'll get our fill of beer that day. BTW, have you signed up yet? And is anybody else from Jacksonville going down? Jim wants 50 boats there!
I haven't signed up yet. Family (wife & kids) say we are going to the game if we get tickets.....Will be a last minute decision either way.

Last edited by trickskier; 09-26-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:34 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hat_in_Cincy
Aside from the UM / ND game I find it extrememly hard / impossible to root for UM, but I'd rather play a UM team fighting for the Big Ten title than a UM team with no shot at it. You know what they say about a wounded animal...

Although ND capitalized on MSU mistakes, I look at it that MSU LOST that game, ND didn't win it. Stoopid announcers / analyists could wait to say "ND is back in the Championship hunt! Brady Quinn thrust himself back in the Heismann..." GACK. Enough with the love affair already!
P-hat, I don't mean for you to take this the wrong way. Were fellow Buckeyes and we have to look out for one another. But I have to say your comments puzzle me a little. I appreciate the fact that your a fellow Buckeyes fan, and no doubt that if any other Buckeyes fan were to give you an "O - H" you would respond with an equally as hearty "I - O". Your a good fan, just look at your avatar.
The part that puzzles me is the support you give to michigan just because they are a Big 10 team when they are playing a non-Big 10 foe, even when that foe is notre lame. Dude, there is NO half-way with michigan, you NEVER root for them regardless of who they are playing, EVER!
I have rooted for USC one time in the last 20 years, and that was a few years back when they were playing michigan in the RoseBowl (I think it was the RoseBowl). You just don't....you just can't support that team being a Buckeye fan. If you notice, I won't even put a capital M when I type in michigan. I have even changed the spell checker on my computer so it will stop correcting me when I type in michigan without the capital M.
If there were a football team that was comprised of a bunch of inmates (rapists, murderers, muggers, etc.) and they were playing michigan, I would root for the inmates. (Go Inmates!!!) Dude, if al Quida put together a football team and were playing michigan.......
You see my point, as a Buckeye fan I can't sit idle and watch you lend support to that team. It just ain't right. I just want to remind you that as I write this I have a smile on my face and a cheerful thoughts in my head, I'm just looking out for my fellow Buckeye fans. Just to make you feel better, that bowl game a few years back that USC played michigan (RoseBowl I think), my Dad was rooting for michigan "because they are from the Big 10" and I gave him the same speech, pulling for michigan just ain't right.
I agree with you on the fact that the announcers were pulling for notre lame in that game. I wish MSU would have held on and not given that game away. MSU coaching needs to learn how to finish a game. Wasn't it last year that they were beating michigan until the lase minute of the game and gave it up at the end...Oops, two years ago. Didn't braylon edwards catch a TD right at the end to win it? See I can't even capitalize the names of former michigan players, just ain't right!

Captain Planet

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 09-26-2006, 09:49 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1979 Stars & Stripes Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePirate
Is it just me or does everybody except the media and commentators (redundant I know) hate ND?

And about the Georgia / Colorado game, Georgia is starting to get as lucky as the Dam Irish.
Man...we played horrible until the 4th, it's not like we threw a hail mary....we drove down the field twice after two good defensive stands. But I'll take luck anyday, especially October 7th.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:00 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
More so making reference to the fumble and the pass between the recievers hands.

I hope Chavis was watching the "screen" show that you guys ran in the 4th.

On a side not, listened to most of the game on the radio. Munson was cracking me up.

Oh we are behind in our own stadium. We have been behind for hours.

His drama always amuses me. Watch out for Kennesaw State they have one of the best punters in all of college football, field position will be crucial for the dogs today.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 PS190
Send a message via AIM to OhioProstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
P-hat, I don't mean for you to take this the wrong way. Were fellow Buckeyes and we have to look out for one another. But I have to say your comments puzzle me a little. I appreciate the fact that your a fellow Buckeyes fan, and no doubt that if any other Buckeyes fan were to give you an "O - H" you would respond with an equally as hearty "I - O". Your a good fan, just look at your avatar.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft Prostar 205V "wakeboard edition", 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioProstar
ROFL...ain't nothin' to argue about here.

Maybe I can offer it up this way:

Captain Planet is Woody Hayes. I am Jim Tressel.

Q: Did Woody hate michigan?
A: Absolutely.
Q: Did Woody respect michigan.
A: Probably not an even an ounce.

Q: Does Jim Tressel hate michigan.
A: Absolutely (but he's PC about it).
Q: Does 'Mr. Sweater Vest' respect michigan.
A: Publically, probably would say yes.

Q: Do/did they both have a common goal?
A: YES! Beat michigan!

Captain Planet, we bleed the same colors for NCAAFB.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hat_in_Cincy
ROFL...ain't nothin' to argue about here.

Maybe I can offer it up this way:

Captain Planet is Woody Hayes. I am Jim Tressel.

Q: Did Woody hate michigan?
A: Absolutely.
Q: Did Woody respect michigan.
A: Probably not an even an ounce.

Q: Does Jim Tressel hate michigan.
A: Absolutely (but he's PC about it).
Q: Does 'Mr. Sweater Vest' respect michigan.
A: Publically, probably would say yes.

Q: Do/did they both have a common goal?
A: YES! Beat michigan!

Captain Planet, we bleed the same colors for NCAAFB.
Very nicely done P-hat, very nice, but please go easy on the sweater vest thing. I own the red one and wear it every friday at work during the season . You definately pinned it, I am definately more Woody Hayes than Jim Tressel.

Just for the record, on the rare occasion that I go to Windsor Canada, I make sure that I fill up my car before I get into the state of michigan to make sure I don't spend any money there.

This last Sunday while getting out of my car at a local warehouse club (in Canton Ohio), I saw some $#*&ing guy in a michigan hat and shirt! I was feeling rather sassy after the Bucks big win over Penn St., so I gave him an hearty "O - H" followed by a "GO BUCKEYES!". He didn't say much.

8:00 pm on Saturday, Bucks vs. Iowa. Should be a good game. We'll see what Iowa has to offer this season.

GO BUCKS

Who is michigan going to lose to this weekend?

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 09-26-2006, 10:44 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
This last Sunday while getting out of my car at a local warehouse club (in Canton Ohio), I saw some $#*&ing guy in a michigan hat and shirt! I was feeling rather sassy after the Bucks big win over Penn St., so I gave him an hearty "O - H" followed by a "GO BUCKEYES!". He didn't say much.

Don't think I'd say much either...

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 PS190
Send a message via AIM to OhioProstar
Quote:
I saw some $#*&ing guy in a michigan hat and shirt! I was feeling rather sassy after the Bucks big win over Penn St., so I gave him an hearty "O - H" followed by a "GO BUCKEYES!". He didn't say much.
He probably bought that hat at a Trailer Park lawn sale.

I have never understood the whole "we don't give a &*^% about the whole State of Michigan" thing. I would argue that half the state equally hates scUM. If you take the Buckeye fans and the Spartan fans you have a really large cheering block pulling for anyone playing the weasles and aside from once a year I always give a good O-H to my BuckNut buddies.