Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-25-2006, 11:16 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '94 Prostar 205
Just got back from Ann Arbor and UM looked OK against UW. The big house was rocking.

I was actually rooting for MSU this weekend against ND. What a choke job by coach Smith. The play calling the last quarter was pitiful. I hate to see ND win this game. Their schedule is a joke the rest of the season ... now they will get beat by USC, still be 10-2 and in a BCS bowl.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:20 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hat_in_Cincy
Yep! Every UT win validates tOSU's position, even if they did struggle a little against PSU in their Big Ten opener. Conference play is a whole new deal...
Close one for sure. I wish we'd run more against you guys. Seems like we finally figured that out by the third quarter. I really want to see Charles break free soon. That guy is fast!

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:25 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 PS190
Send a message via AIM to OhioProstar
I put the blame on the coaching staft. Stanton made bad plays only when he was third and long after running up the middle every 1st and 2nd down for little gain. Spartans have always played to not lose where big time programs play to win. It is tough being a fan...but I guess it is like golf. Some days the only reason you come back is for that perfect pin high long iron. Other than that you want to break every club in the bag.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:36 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft Prostar 205V "wakeboard edition", 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
OSU is looking mighty strong this year. Not looking forward to the season closer against my Wolverines... If both teams can remain unbeaten until then, that will be a real battle.
Aside from the UM / ND game I find it extrememly hard / impossible to root for UM, but I'd rather play a UM team fighting for the Big Ten title than a UM team with no shot at it. You know what they say about a wounded animal...

Although ND capitalized on MSU mistakes, I look at it that MSU LOST that game, ND didn't win it. Stoopid announcers / analyists could wait to say "ND is back in the Championship hunt! Brady Quinn thrust himself back in the Heismann..." GACK. Enough with the love affair already!
Old 09-25-2006, 11:37 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsoncd
That is the first game of the year I didn't leave Sanford early. Talking about angry...and the worst part of the day was I didn't bring enough booze in the game to make it through the 4th quarter. We'll have to wait and see about the QB situation. I don't really care who it is as long as they have it figured out before Halloween....if you know what I mean.

Make sure you bring plenty of BOOZE for that game.....
Old 09-25-2006, 11:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
Is it just me or does everybody except the media and commentators (redundant I know) hate ND?

And about the Georgia / Colorado game, Georgia is starting to get as lucky as the Dam Irish.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
Make sure you bring plenty of BOOZE for that game.....
Yea, I'll have plenty! Especially when you have to pay up!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:59 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Booze

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidog
Yea, I'll have plenty! Especially when you have to pay up!
You just keep talking that SMACK dog!!!! Let's see one case? That should last you about 1 quarter.......LOL

One of us will be crying in his beer that's for sure!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:04 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioProstar
I put the blame on the coaching staft. Stanton made bad plays only when he was third and long after running up the middle every 1st and 2nd down for little gain. Spartans have always played to not lose where big time programs play to win. It is tough being a fan...but I guess it is like golf. Some days the only reason you come back is for that perfect pin high long iron. Other than that you want to break every club in the bag.

OPS,

Do you need medical attention? It sounds like you are choking in the 4the quarter to me.

LOL

Man I tell you I wrote the Irish off and WENT TO BED ... Boy was I shocked to wake up to Sprortscenter Sunday morning.... Tough Loss for the Sparties

Steve
Old 09-25-2006, 05:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 PS190
Send a message via AIM to OhioProstar
Maristar thanks for the concern. It was a mild heartattack, luckly I have been through many of these and was able recover with large amounts of Old #7. My wife had already gone to bed and didn't believe me at first.

All I know is I had a chance to get tickets to that game but choose not to and after the rain and the lost I am happy that I didn't waste the money.