Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-05-2014, 04:28 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Six months is a decent amount of time to recoup, both mentally and physically. Come on Rick, you've got to have appreciation for what he accomplished at UF. We both know those NC wouldn't have come without him there. He is obviously a difference maker.
Quote:
Seems to be an unfair thing to say. Guys not entitled to make life decisions without being criticized? Because he's in the public eye means he can't do what he thinks is best for him? I'm sure you wouldn't like to be in a spot like that.
Scott - I have no problem with any coach resigning as long as they're honest about why they're leaving. Urban said he was resigning because of health issues and if I remember correctly he said his doctor recommended it.

Utah wasn't a high profile coaching position like Florida and I'm sure the pressure got to him. But to outright lie about why your're resigning is just wrong to the players, staff, & fans. I was told by a friend that works at UF less than 2 weeks after Urban resigned that he would be named the head coach at Ohio Snake by November 15th and he was. Just saying.....
Old 01-05-2014, 07:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
Scott - I have no problem with any coach resigning as long as they're honest about why they're leaving. Urban said he was resigning because of health issues and if I remember correctly he said his doctor recommended it.

Utah wasn't a high profile coaching position like Florida and I'm sure the pressure got to him. But to outright lie about why your're resigning is just wrong to the players, staff, & fans. I was told by a friend that works at UF less than 2 weeks after Urban resigned that he would be named the head coach at Ohio Snake by November 15th and he was. Just saying.....
I get what you're saying, I'm just saying lots of people leave their employers for reasons other than what's stated. IMO, because he's high profile doesn't mean he should be held to a higher standard.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
That's not the song you were singing a couple of weeks ago!!!
As usual you are speaking as if you have the facts. Nowhere on this thread did I say we were going to beat Clemson. Could you please refer to actual comments made by someone before persecuting them? There is a little tab at the bottom of these posts that are real handy for this type of thing. It is the box that says, "quote".

What I did say is I hope Fickell has his office packed up. How many receiver screens can you give up in one game before you figure it out?

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-06-2014, 03:06 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
CP - FYI Urban won 2 National Championships while at Florida. When Urban resigned from Florida he said it was due to health reasons and wanted to spend more time with his family. Less than 6 months later he accepts the head coaching position at Ohio Snake?!? Was he some how miraculously healed and what about spending more time with his family? His oldest daughter is at Florida Gulf Coast in Fort Myers, FL. Gainesville is a lot closer than Columbus, NoOhio........

Urban had done an extremely poor job of recruiting his last year at Florida and left the cupboards bare of tallent when resigned and he knew it. He can't handle losing (Not that anyone likes to lose) and will fold under pressure again --- Don't believe me? Only time will tell
.....Hey Tricky, maybe he is heat intolerant and it is just too damn hot in gaytorville in July and August for training camp so he decided to come where it feels a lot less like hell (both figuratively and in temperature). I like Urban, he's a little arrogant for my taste, but you have confidence to pass along to your players. Mr. Tressel (a.k.a. The Senator) is still #1 in Buckeye Nation as far as I'm concerned.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-06-2014, 03:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Whoa ... I just caught up with this thread since the Clemson loss .... but I will chime in ... since I am an OSU fan ...

Like mentioned before in the thread, our Defense just did not hang with the Clemson speed and size ... was it just me or did Clemson just look bigger than our boys.

I thought OSU played hard and without the muffed punt, I think we would have won ... both teams made plenty of mistakes in play calling and execution to call it a great game.

I think Clemson had a super game plan on defense and their players were seriously executing it.

you guys are right ... Urban has a 2 game losing streak .... I have a feeling it will it work out without any re-lapse.

Trick .... come to Buckeye Bash my friend, and I will drive you by Urban's house ..... Captain .... I suspect Luke's job is safe, our defense was lacking a lot of athletes ...... even Shazier, the leading tackler in the Big 10, was not up to the speed and size needed on that team (bring back Hawk and Wilhelm)

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Old 01-06-2014, 03:17 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
Trick .... come to Buckeye Bash my friend, and I will drive you by Urban's house .....
I know I keep saying that I'm coming and this may be the year that I may be able too. A drive by Urban's house so that I can MOON him would be GREAT!!! J/K
Old 01-06-2014, 09:53 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Hey, Captain Mars where are you right now??

SEC baby, eat it!!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Hey, Captain Mars where are you right now??

SEC baby, eat it!!
Hold the phone. FSU finally did something positive.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Hold the phone. FSU finally did something positive.
Na, clearly SEC came to play!!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Na, clearly SEC came to play!!
Not refuting that. They look uber prepared. Have FSU off balance thus far.