Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7061  
Old 12-17-2013, 03:31 PM
GT500 MC's Avatar
GT500 MC GT500 MC is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Boat: 2010 x14v
Location: CO and some MN and MI
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Whatever, Ohio State won the game, just like Reggie Bush is still the Heisman winner whatever year that was and USC is still the champion whatever that year was. "Vacating" a win or season is horse$hit. The NCAA is as hypocritical an organization as you will find. If they were serious about their 'sanctions' against Ohio State that year, they should have suspended those players before the "Nokia" Sugar Bowl and not let them play. I'm sure Nokia wouldn't have minded the marquee players riding the pine for that game, right? I'm sure it wouldn't have effected the amount of people watching the game at all. The NCAA is nothing more than another group of crooked old white rich men who are in charge.

Don't be jealous Tricky....the gaytors will win again someday....

...and while I'm thinking about it....how do you 'vacate' a season or win? Do they get out their bottle of white-out and go back to the record books and paint out the scores and stats? I can just hear them on the TV or radio, "Well, the Raiders picked up Terrell Pryor who passed for 3400 yards...oops wait, that number is whited out...uh, he had 38 TD's....uh, well those "don't count", ....uh, we'll go to a commercial break while we get this vacated situation sorted out."

Ridiculous, just stupid. Do they refer to Reggie Bush as the 'vacated Heisman winner'? They can't erase what these players did on the field or the outcomes in our minds just because these players took some hand-outs. Until they come out with a real-life MIB Neutralizer Bush is the Heisman winner and OSU beat Arkansas.
cp - I finally agree with you on something. And of all things, on this. Just like the Michigan Fab 5 in college hoops. No they didn't win it all. Two championship games, black socks, and 2 years of highlight reels.
Reply With Quote
  #7062  
Old 12-17-2013, 05:52 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
They can and did do just that. It's like Mr Clean rolled in and wipe away that win, from!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdLOH05lprw

Um, nope....still there.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #7063  
Old 12-17-2013, 06:03 PM
DemolitionMan's Avatar
DemolitionMan DemolitionMan is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
Location: South of the sweet tea line
Posts: 4,223
http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6749330
__________________
Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi
Reply With Quote
  #7064  
Old 12-17-2013, 08:13 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionMan View Post
Gone gone gone.

Why anyone would care is beyond me. It's just sports.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #7065  
Old 12-17-2013, 10:37 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Whatever, Ohio State won the game, just like Reggie Bush is still the Heisman winner whatever year that was and USC is still the champion whatever that year was. "Vacating" a win or season is horse$hit. The NCAA is as hypocritical an organization as you will find. If they were serious about their 'sanctions' against Ohio State that year, they should have suspended those players before the "Nokia" Sugar Bowl and not let them play. I'm sure Nokia wouldn't have minded the marquee players riding the pine for that game, right? I'm sure it wouldn't have effected the amount of people watching the game at all. The NCAA is nothing more than another group of crooked old white rich men who are in charge.

Don't be jealous Tricky....the gaytors will win again someday....

...and while I'm thinking about it....how do you 'vacate' a season or win? Do they get out their bottle of white-out and go back to the record books and paint out the scores and stats? I can just hear them on the TV or radio, "Well, the Raiders picked up Terrell Pryor who passed for 3400 yards...oops wait, that number is whited out...uh, he had 38 TD's....uh, well those "don't count", ....uh, we'll go to a commercial break while we get this vacated situation sorted out."

Ridiculous, just stupid. Do they refer to Reggie Bush as the 'vacated Heisman winner'? They can't erase what these players did on the field or the outcomes in our minds just because these players took some hand-outs. Until they come out with a real-life MIB Neutralizer Bush is the Heisman winner and OSU beat Arkansas.
So you're saying it OK to play and win with ineligible players???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7066  
Old 12-17-2013, 10:55 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
So you're saying it OK to play and win with ineligible players???
I think the majority of what goes on in college football is shady. There are vast amounts of ineligible players in football that just don't get caught. Not all those guys ate meeting academic standards, but they're still playing.
Reply With Quote
  #7067  
Old 12-18-2013, 06:59 AM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Gone gone gone.

Why anyone would care is beyond me. It's just sports.
http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...tbl-sched.html

Nope, still there! Change it to the 2010-2011 season....still there.

I guess they lost their bottle of white out?
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #7068  
Old 12-18-2013, 07:05 AM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
So you're saying it OK to play and win with ineligible players???
No, I'm saying it isn't like they can go back in time and change the results of what happened on the field, so it is pointless. It is a meaningless 'action' by the hypocritical men in charge.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #7069  
Old 12-18-2013, 07:41 AM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
No, I'm saying it isn't like they can go back in time and change the results of what happened on the field, so it is pointless. It is a meaningless 'action' by the hypocritical men in charge.
It maybe pointless to you - But they probably wouldn't have won if those players had not played. So why should those victories count towards a school or coaches record? And why shouldn't the schools they played against with ineligible players be awarded the victory?

Say the game was for the National Championship and a month after the loss it's discovered that the team Ohio Snake played had ineligible players. You can't tell me that you wouldn't want the victory and the Championship to be reversed and awarded to Ohio Snake. You would be the first on the band wagon ---
__________________

Last edited by trickskier; 12-18-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7070  
Old 12-18-2013, 08:02 AM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...tbl-sched.html

Nope, still there! Change it to the 2010-2011 season....still there.

I guess they lost their bottle of white out?
lol So your source for the NCAA's ruling is the school's website? Ask anyone on death row, they are all innocent.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 AM.