Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-17-2013, 03:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Whatever, Ohio State won the game, just like Reggie Bush is still the Heisman winner whatever year that was and USC is still the champion whatever that year was. "Vacating" a win or season is horse$hit. The NCAA is as hypocritical an organization as you will find. If they were serious about their 'sanctions' against Ohio State that year, they should have suspended those players before the "Nokia" Sugar Bowl and not let them play. I'm sure Nokia wouldn't have minded the marquee players riding the pine for that game, right? I'm sure it wouldn't have effected the amount of people watching the game at all. The NCAA is nothing more than another group of crooked old white rich men who are in charge.

Don't be jealous Tricky....the gaytors will win again someday....

...and while I'm thinking about it....how do you 'vacate' a season or win? Do they get out their bottle of white-out and go back to the record books and paint out the scores and stats? I can just hear them on the TV or radio, "Well, the Raiders picked up Terrell Pryor who passed for 3400 yards...oops wait, that number is whited out...uh, he had 38 TD's....uh, well those "don't count", ....uh, we'll go to a commercial break while we get this vacated situation sorted out."

Ridiculous, just stupid. Do they refer to Reggie Bush as the 'vacated Heisman winner'? They can't erase what these players did on the field or the outcomes in our minds just because these players took some hand-outs. Until they come out with a real-life MIB Neutralizer Bush is the Heisman winner and OSU beat Arkansas.
cp - I finally agree with you on something. And of all things, on this. Just like the Michigan Fab 5 in college hoops. No they didn't win it all. Two championship games, black socks, and 2 years of highlight reels.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
They can and did do just that. It's like Mr Clean rolled in and wipe away that win, from!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdLOH05lprw

Um, nope....still there.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 12-17-2013, 06:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6749330
Old 12-17-2013, 08:13 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionMan View Post
Gone gone gone.

Why anyone would care is beyond me. It's just sports.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:37 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
Whatever, Ohio State won the game, just like Reggie Bush is still the Heisman winner whatever year that was and USC is still the champion whatever that year was. "Vacating" a win or season is horse$hit. The NCAA is as hypocritical an organization as you will find. If they were serious about their 'sanctions' against Ohio State that year, they should have suspended those players before the "Nokia" Sugar Bowl and not let them play. I'm sure Nokia wouldn't have minded the marquee players riding the pine for that game, right? I'm sure it wouldn't have effected the amount of people watching the game at all. The NCAA is nothing more than another group of crooked old white rich men who are in charge.

Don't be jealous Tricky....the gaytors will win again someday....

...and while I'm thinking about it....how do you 'vacate' a season or win? Do they get out their bottle of white-out and go back to the record books and paint out the scores and stats? I can just hear them on the TV or radio, "Well, the Raiders picked up Terrell Pryor who passed for 3400 yards...oops wait, that number is whited out...uh, he had 38 TD's....uh, well those "don't count", ....uh, we'll go to a commercial break while we get this vacated situation sorted out."

Ridiculous, just stupid. Do they refer to Reggie Bush as the 'vacated Heisman winner'? They can't erase what these players did on the field or the outcomes in our minds just because these players took some hand-outs. Until they come out with a real-life MIB Neutralizer Bush is the Heisman winner and OSU beat Arkansas.
So you're saying it OK to play and win with ineligible players???
Old 12-17-2013, 10:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
I think the majority of what goes on in college football is shady. There are vast amounts of ineligible players in football that just don't get caught. Not all those guys ate meeting academic standards, but they're still playing.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:59 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Gone gone gone.

Why anyone would care is beyond me. It's just sports.
http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...tbl-sched.html

Nope, still there! Change it to the 2010-2011 season....still there.

I guess they lost their bottle of white out?

Old 12-18-2013, 07:05 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
No, I'm saying it isn't like they can go back in time and change the results of what happened on the field, so it is pointless. It is a meaningless 'action' by the hypocritical men in charge.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:41 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
No, I'm saying it isn't like they can go back in time and change the results of what happened on the field, so it is pointless. It is a meaningless 'action' by the hypocritical men in charge.
It maybe pointless to you - But they probably wouldn't have won if those players had not played. So why should those victories count towards a school or coaches record? And why shouldn't the schools they played against with ineligible players be awarded the victory?

Say the game was for the National Championship and a month after the loss it's discovered that the team Ohio Snake played had ineligible players. You can't tell me that you wouldn't want the victory and the Championship to be reversed and awarded to Ohio Snake. You would be the first on the band wagon ---

Last edited by trickskier; 12-18-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:02 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...tbl-sched.html

Nope, still there! Change it to the 2010-2011 season....still there.

I guess they lost their bottle of white out?
lol So your source for the NCAA's ruling is the school's website? Ask anyone on death row, they are all innocent.