Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-06-2013, 10:28 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Ohio State was one play away from losing to a hapless, unranked, Michigan team. That knocked them down a notch in my opinion.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 12-06-2013, 10:36 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
Ohio State was one play away from losing to a hapless, unranked, Michigan team. That knocked them down a notch in my opinion.
Alabama was one play away from being unbeaten. That is what makes College football great .... I am a Buckeye fan but I am sure the 2 best teams in the country will not be in the title game this year.

We also really need a non SEC school to beat an SEC school in the title game.

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Old 12-06-2013, 12:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Quote:
Auburn was one play away from losing to hapless, unranked Mississippi State (6-6), and Auburn was at home.

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 12-06-2013, 01:26 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
I wasn't trying to defend Auburn by my comment. But I think FL ST has a legitimate claim to be in the championship game. And I'd like to see them play Ohio in that game to settle the "who's better?" question. The only dilemma for me would be who to root for? As a Michigan fan, it would be nice to see a Big 10 team win it, but Ohio?

Help me out Ohio fans. If it was Michigan playing in the championship, who would you root for?

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 12-06-2013, 01:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
I wasn't trying to defend Auburn by my comment. But I think FL ST has a legitimate claim to be in the championship game. And I'd like to see them play Ohio in that game to settle the "who's better?" question. The only dilemma for me would be who to root for? As a Michigan fan, it would be nice to see a Big 10 team win it, but Ohio?

Help me out Ohio fans. If it was Michigan playing in the championship, who would you root for?
Anyone but Michigan! LOL I guess I would have to cheer for the Big 10. Ultimately, it depends on who their playing....

Did you read the article on how the guy shows the FSU schedule wasn't that much different than Ohio States??

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-06-2013, 02:32 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Anyone but Michigan! LOL I guess I would have to cheer for the Big 10. Ultimately, it depends on who their playing....

Did you read the article on how the guy shows the FSU schedule wasn't that much different than Ohio States??
States schedule was easier. Their out of conference opponents had a inferior record to OSU, and the Big Ten is certainly a stronger conference than the ACC.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Quote:

I agree Florida State does have a legitimate claim to be there, but I think OSU does as well. I normally would root for anyone that is playing OSU, but if OSU and FSU play each other, then I will stick by the Big 10. Being a Boilermaker, I will even go as far as to say I would root for IU if they were playing any non-Big 10 team in the Championship.

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 12-06-2013, 03:12 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:

I would not/will not root for meatchicken under any circumstance whatsoever without question or hesitation. I absolutely hate meatchicken with every ounce of my body. No matter who meatchicken is playing I root passionately for their opponent. The only time this is a problem is when they are playing notre lame or southern michigan (aka, florida gaytors)....then I still root against them but feel dirty doing it because I only hate those other two teams slightly less than meatchicken. Make no mistake, I'm a BIG 10 fan and pull for all the other teams, have mutual respect for them, and root for them when they are playing out of conference.....this ends when we get to meatchicken.

This also applies for all other collegiate sports. We typically go to a meatchicken vs. Ohio State Hockey game every year. This year we are unable to go to the meeting in Columbus because the dates of the game don't work out......so we are going up to the whore to watch the game. I'm hesitant to do this, I'm going because my buddies are going, but will have to 'not be me' while there because...well I'll be there. I really don't want to spend any money in up there...but this is unrealistic. Maybe I'll take my own beer up so I don't have to buy any of theirs. I'd like to stay in Toledo so we will be staying on Ohio soil....but this is also unrealistic.

The hatred continues once players move on from meatchicken. Here is a letter to the editor I wrote to the Canton Repository when they put charles woodson on the cover of the sports page when the Packers were in the Superbowl a couple years ago.

Charles Woodson on the cover of the sports page; really? Why would you pay tribute to a player that turned his back on the state he grew up in to go and play at Michigan? He could have gone to any other college in the nation, yet he chose Michigan. Apparently that fact was lost when you wrote that article. You conclude that if Woodson can make plays and beat Pittsburgh "it can be argued it would make his home state a little bit warmer." I would say it will put us in a deeper freeze.

That was my response to seeing a former meatchicken player on the cover of my local paper. They acted like because he was from Ohio we should respect him. I say the opposite.

And don't get me started on tom brady....the most overrated QB to play in the NFL in a long time.

So I guess the short answer is, no, I wouldn't root for meatchicken in the championship game.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 12-06-2013, 03:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
^^Ahhhh....thus the term FANatic.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:46 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Hey over it CP. Charles Woodsen? He went to a school that was as high profile as they came at that time. Guaranteed him more exposure. With you're comments, you've gone beyond a fan. You're a fanatic. That's not a good thing.