Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-09-2006, 02:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1979 Stars & Stripes Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePirate
I just need to hear the Pride of the Southland Marching Band play Rocky Top and the Vols run through the Power T at Neyland.
Watch for my Dawgs this year!!! Between Joe T and Matt Stafford (#1 rated QB out of high school), we're BCS bound.......LakePirate you might want to save your time and energy and watch the Vols from home in October, it's gonna be a route in Sanford that Saturday.

Last edited by richardsoncd; 08-09-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Talking #1 Rated?

[quote=richardsoncd]Watch for my Dawgs this year!!! Between Joe T and Matt Stafford (#1 rated QB out of high school), we're BCS bound.......LakePirate you might want to save your time and energy and watch the Vols from home in October, it's gonna be a route in Sanford that Saturday.

What year was Matt Stafford rated the #1 high school QB? Tim Tebow was #1 last year and the GATORS have him. And as far as your puppies going to the BCS, I beleive FLORIDA has beaten them 13 out of the last 15 years.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
Soliloquy, spoken with the background music from the popular Bud Light Commercial Campaign:

"Bud Light presents Real Men of Genius (Reaaaaal Men Of Genius)
Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional Michigan Fan (Mr. Delusional Michigan Faaaaaan!)

Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your
absurdly high preseason ranking (clutching at straws!) Season after season, year
after year, you scramble to make futile attempts at damage control
when the Wolverines lose to a grossly inferior opponent (How'd
Northwestern score fifty fouuuuuur?) Inevitably, you'll bring up the
past, and boast of National Championships won 40 years before you
born (those were the daaaaaays!) You will point out that you have
more wins than any other program as though that is relevant to the
current season (been playing since the 1870s!)

Go on, ignore that home loss to your arch rivals in the
regular season finale and continue to believe that you'll defeat
your bowl opponent with striking ease (we'll win by thirteeeeeeey!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take
comfort knowing that although you finish the season unranked, you'll be back to
number three when the preseason polls come out next year (Mr. Delusional Michigan Fan!)"
This is the funniest thing I have ever read on this board. On behalf of all of the college football fans who frequent this site I would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Brutal, simply brutal.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Prostar 205/2005 Maristar 210 VRS - MCX
AUBURN

War Eagle

2005 MariStar 210VRS - MCX - ACME #845
1994 Prostar 205 TBI 350 (previous boat)
2007 Sierra Classic 2500HD Crew Cab
Duramax/Allison 6 speed

War Eagle
Old 08-10-2006, 12:25 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsoncd
Watch for my Dawgs this year!!! Between Joe T and Matt Stafford (#1 rated QB out of high school), we're BCS bound.......LakePirate you might want to save your time and energy and watch the Vols from home in October, it's gonna be a route in Sanford that Saturday.

Chucky - Where you been man?

Joe T? You know I like Joe T. I think he is a stand up guy. BCS bound? Well let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

I just have a couple of things to say, we have David Cutcliffe back in the Big Orange Nation. UGA has only beaten Cutty 3 times when he was on the Vol staff. 1980-1997. Of course 2 of those games UGA had some guy named Herschel.

Ainge is getting 85% of all the reps, unlike last year where he was splitting time with one of those dam clausens. His head is screwed on straight and his confidence is back.

I will be in Athens wearing all Orange, last time we were there the world was righted.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:42 AM
MC Fanatic

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
What year was Matt Stafford rated the #1 high school QB? Tim Tebow was #1 last year and the GATORS have him. And as far as your puppies going to the BCS, I beleive FLORIDA has beaten them 13 out of the last 15 years.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank...80&ra_key=1143

2006 ranking by position listed Matt Stafford as the #1 QB prospect according to Rivals.com but you might have a diffrent source. Point of fact is the kid is amazing and will be running our offense before the end of the season. As for the Gators, I hate to admit that they have our number....maybe it has something to do with 3 things: Georgia football wasn't a powerhouse in the 90's, Florida is a great ball team, and the jean shorts......it's hard to beat a team on the field when you are amazed at the number of jean shorts in the stadium , we'll see...I am more confident of a win over UT than Florida....Florida always seems to have our number. I still say we should go back to home and away.....because regardless of who you cheer for, Jacksonville is not a neutral site...plus I am getting too old to go the Landing.

Scout.com has Tebow ranked 3rd, and Stafford ranked 2nd:
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&yr=2006&pid=10

Last edited by richardsoncd; 08-10-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:45 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePirate
Chucky - Where you been man?

Joe T? You know I like Joe T. I think he is a stand up guy. BCS bound? Well let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

I just have a couple of things to say, we have David Cutcliffe back in the Big Orange Nation. UGA has only beaten Cutty 3 times when he was on the Vol staff. 1980-1997. Of course 2 of those games UGA had some guy named Herschel.

Ainge is getting 85% of all the reps, unlike last year where he was splitting time with one of those dam clausens. His head is screwed on straight and his confidence is back.

I will be in Athens wearing all Orange, last time we were there the world was righted.
See you in A-town man....I'll have a Maker's on the Rocks ready for you, both as a pre-game "good luck" and a post game "better luck next year in Knoxville"
Old 08-10-2006, 12:03 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
http://rivals100.rivals.com/
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank...80&ra_key=1143

2006 ranking by position listed Matt Stafford as the #1 QB prospect according to Rivals.com but you might have a diffrent source. Point of fact is the kid is amazing and will be running our offense before the end of the season. As for the Gators, I hate to admit that they have our number....maybe it has something to do with 3 things: Georgia football wasn't a powerhouse in the 90's, Florida is a great ball team, and the jean shorts......it's hard to beat a team on the field when you are amazed at the number of jean shorts in the stadium , we'll see...I am more confident of a win over UT than Florida....Florida always seems to have our number. I still say we should go back to home and away.....because regardless of who you cheer for, Jacksonville is not a neutral site...plus I am getting too old to go the Landing.

Scout.com has Tebow ranked 3rd, and Stafford ranked 2nd:
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&yr=2006&pid=10

Thanks for the info......Looks to be a good year for the SEC in general. The biggest problem GA had in the 90's was a foe named Spurrier. You have to admit that unitl you guy's got Mark Richt the coaching was poor. 10-4 on The Landing I'm way Too Old to go down there. Might cruise by in the X-1 though.

Last edited by trickskier; 08-10-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:40 PM
MC Fanatic

I f#$cking hate Steve Spurrier, I think he owns a Malibu. Tell you what, pick me up from the landing and we'll head to Ruth's Chris. Talking about arriving in style.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
I f#$cking hate Steve Spurrier, I think he owns a Malibu. Tell you what, pick me up from the landing and we'll head to Ruth's Chris. Talking about arriving in style.
Going to Ruth's Chris tomorrow night......22nd anniversary! Can't wait to sink my teeth into a 16oz NY Strip and sip on a little Cutty & H2o!!