Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-23-2013, 02:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Yeah, and who has Baylor played that is worth talking about?
Who has Oregon played that's worth writing home about? Honestly feel Baylor and Oregon have had a similar schedule as far as competiveness.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
Not a Baylor fan but they did knock Kansas out last year. I thought that was cool.
Fair enough. Although Kansas is by no means a football school.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:46 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
Who has Oregon played that's worth writing home about? Honestly feel Baylor and Oregon have had a similar schedule as far as competiveness.
Tennessee, Cal, Washington. All schools that are known for their football programs. Just saying.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
Tennessee I might give you, but I'd put them even with Kansas State on Baylor's schedule.....they've beaten an injury plagued South Carolina, the only other "decent" team was Washington who was extremely overrated from beating an overranked Boise State to start the year.

I'm not that impressed with Alabama's schedule thus far either. A&M is overrated because of Johnny Football, Ole Miss is meh, Virginia Tech is 6-1, but their only "impressive" win was over West Carolina, then there's Colorado State, Georgia State, Kentucky, and Arkansas - not exactly murderer's row there.

While Baylor has slaughtered a ULM team that beat Wake Forest in North Carolina, WVU that beat Okie State the week before, Buffalo (70-13 the week after Ohio State beat them 40-20 - which one of those scores looks better?) Baylor has also pulled their starters after the 1st series in the 3rd quarter in every game except KSU and ISU, starters played the whole game agains KSU and came out at the end of the 3rd quarter for ISU. So they're scoring at a record pace without their starters playing the 2nd half in 4 games. It's not just that they're beating people, they're demoralizing them and trying not to run the score up. The final score against WVU was alot closer than it should've been because their starters scored 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter against Baylor's 3rd and 4th string players. In all 5 games where they scored 69+ the 5th string running back and a defensive back have gotten carries in the 2nd half.

That's why I say Oregon is a poor man's Baylor. We hammered UCLA in our bowl game last year 49-19 in San Diego, which is a whole lot closer to LA than Waco, TX. I'll be curious to see how Oregon handles them this weekend.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:14 PM
MC Master Poster

I believe Oregon has pulled their starters in every game. I'm pretty sure, based on the talent that each school is able to recruit, that the Ducks would dispatch of the Bears easier then you think they would. There would've been done brutally ugly scores had Oregon kept their starters in.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:14 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Running up the score vs pulling starter and playing 2nd and 3rd sting kids before the 1st half is over does make a difference in the final score.

Take a look at the records of the teams Baylor has played and just about everyone of them has 4 losses.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 "Tarbaby", 2001 Prostar 190 Donor "Holestar"
Baylor and Oregon, teams are pure speed from every aspect of the game. I'm thinking Baylor is the real deal, they put up almost 500 yards on the ground against a WV team that is usually pretty good against the run. I'm pretty sure Nick Saban is hoping he gets another cupcake NC game like Notre Lame. He'll be in trouble if he has to play A fast spread offense team Like Oregon or Baylor FL State could probably cause him some nightmares too.

It doesn't matter Oregon probably won't get the shot that was theirs last year, and no one will really get to see where the top teams from the other conferences stack up against the heralded SEC teams in a National title game. It will just be another game with the best perceived fan bases that will generate highest tv ratings.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:26 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
I was talking more to the level of play of OSU compared to other top 3 teams. In my opinion, OSU would be destroyed in the NCG and make the Big 10 look even worse. I root for Big 10 teams during non conference games although I truthfully can't stand OSU and MSU.
You are correct with respect to OSU defense...or lack thereof. Luke Fickle has to know he won't be back next year.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 10-24-2013, 12:50 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Chief View Post
Baylor and Oregon, teams are pure speed from every aspect of the game. I'm thinking Baylor is the real deal, they put up almost 500 yards on the ground against a WV team that is usually pretty good against the run. I'm pretty sure Nick Saban is hoping he gets another cupcake NC game like Notre Lame. He'll be in trouble if he has to play A fast spread offense team Like Oregon or Baylor FL State could probably cause him some nightmares too.

It doesn't matter Oregon probably won't get the shot that was theirs last year, and no one will really get to see where the top teams from the other conferences stack up against the heralded SEC teams in a National title game. It will just be another game with the best perceived fan bases that will generate highest tv ratings.
Yup, this year it will be Harvard!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Yup, this year it will be Harvard!!!
My money is on south central louisianna state university mud dogs.