Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 MC View Post
What? Not expecting the Buckeyes to win against another 6-6 team? Has the bar really been lowered that far down in just one season??? I will say they should have stuck w/the running game.
You do realize we started the season with Bauserman at QB, correct? Anytime their was an 'out-rout' called with him under center they had to alert the first three rows of fans they might catch a pass.

I said at the beginning of the season that .500 was the ceiling for this group.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Whatever season it was that they are making USC 'vacate'....or whatever that means. Aren't they making USC vacate their PAC 10 championship or something? Whatever they are making them vacate is just rediculous, they played, they won the games, their record stands. We don't have a flux-capacitor, and until we do their record is their record.
I know Bush forfeited the Heisman for the 2005 season, which culminated in a 2006 Rose Bowl National Championship for Texas over USC 41-38.

I think the title they were stripped of must have been 2004, when Leinart won the Heisman.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:05 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
USC? Champs the year Reggie Bush won the Heisman?

That's not how I remember it.

You beat me to it....
Old 01-03-2012, 07:26 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
Look, if you think Tressel covered up the infraction, you are a fool. Tressel told his superiors what Pryor (and others) did. If you think for a second he didn't turn it in because he "didn't know" I have some ocean front property in North Dakota for you. He told the University Athletic Department, they knew, they just didn't turn it in. But when the IRS let the University know what they had found they had to tell the NCAA about it and then they set Tressel out to take the fall. If they don't, the consequences would have fallen on the entire athletic department instead of just the football program. The entire situation makes me sick because the athletic department (and I fear most athletic departments) would do the same thing over again to cover their arses (and ultimately their bottom line). All of this over some tattoos and some material items that were given to them.........(where is the little vomit smilie when you need it).

I hate that it is happening, but my friends and I are beginning to look at college football differently because of how money is ruining it. Truly sad.
CP - Just like the Penn State scenario - JoePa told his superior's and they decided to cover it up. You may say that the Penn State scandal was a much more heinous crime and I'll agree. But remember that JoePa did not witness the crime, it was hear say information. Nonetheless, Tressel knew they were in violation of NCAA rules and should have at least suspended the players involved, which he decided not too.....

I guess it comes down to a decision to turn your boss in or not.............
Old 01-04-2012, 07:06 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
CP - Just like the Penn State scenario - JoePa told his superior's and they decided to cover it up. You may say that the Penn State scandal was a much more heinous crime and I'll agree. But remember that JoePa did not witness the crime, it was hear say information. Nonetheless, Tressel knew they were in violation of NCAA rules and should have at least suspended the players involved, which he decided not too.....

I guess it comes down to a decision to turn your boss in or not.............
In the words of Jules from Pulp Fiction, "it's not the same ball park, it's not even the same @$&?@& sport".

I also doubt Tressel witnessed the "crime", (giving away something that was given to you....if that is a crime), but the two violations really have nothing in common other than they were college football programs. I REALLY doubt anybody's life was destroyed because of a bad tattoo deal. I don't see how you can compare these two at all and the punishment that will be levied against Penn state compared to that of OSU should reflect how different these are.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
Quote:
In the words of Jules from Pulp Fiction, "it's not the same ball park, it's not even the same @$&?@& sport".

I also doubt Tressel witnessed the "crime", (giving away something that was given to you....if that is a crime), but the two violations really have nothing in common other than they were college football programs. I REALLY doubt anybody's life was destroyed because of a bad tattoo deal. I don't see how you can compare these two at all and the punishment that will be levied against Penn state compared to that of OSU should reflect how different these are.
Are you sure?
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
With all that being said, did anybody see the Maize and Blue win a BCS game last night??? I did!!! It wasn't pretty CP, but a win is a win. Finally.

Not too interested in tonight's game, but at least all of the BCS games so far have been competitive.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '94 Prostar 205
Agreed ... it was ugly but they found a way to win. Go Blue!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 MC View Post
With all that being said, did anybody see the Maize and Blue win a BCS game last night??? I did!!! It wasn't pretty CP, but a win is a win. Finally.

Not too interested in tonight's game, but at least all of the BCS games so far have been competitive.
I didn't even watch. I played Metal Gear on my PS1 after I got home from my soccer game. I flipped over to watch the kid from VT miss the FG in OT and watched as Fred Flintstone waddled onto the field.....then flipped back to my PS1 game. The outcome of the game was disappointing as I would have liked to see meatchicken lose, but I really didn't care to watch.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionMan View Post
Are you sure?
Very funny.

Can anybody with photoshop do me a favor. I want a picture of hoke with Fred Flintstones head on him. Now that would be funny.