Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-04-2010, 05:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190 351 Indmar
Send a message via MSN to stuartmcnair
Bama wins out. They are in. Will jump an undefeated non-AQ team without a problem.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:42 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWB-745- View Post
But Florida did.

I think if Bama wins out they have a shot at it, but it all depends on the computer and the pollsters.

And I will be a huge Utah fan this weekend for them to knock off TCU which should help Bama.
Fear the Frog!!!!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartmcnair View Post
Bama wins out. They are in. Will jump an undefeated non-AQ team without a problem.
That hasn't been the case in recent years... better keep praying.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X-30 SS, LY6
In the News: The Attorney General of Utah met with the Justice Department in what may be a federal investigation into anti-trust violations of the BCS....

It's about time.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
That hasn't been the case in recent years... better keep praying.
Well, that's the business I am in. Family has worked in college football since before I was born. I think I might have an idea how it works.

Alabama wins agains LSU we move to number five. Beat MSU, we move to four. Beat a number one or two AUburn we jump to either two or three. Beat South Carolina in the SECC it erases, in a lot of voters minds, our one loss since it was to them and will be seen as a fluke and we move into a solid two. Playing, most likely, Oregon.

Not an easy road by any stretch but it can be done. The easy road was taken by other schools and that is why they will not be rewarded.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: shopping
^^ This guy gets it.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:33 PM
MC Master Poster

just throw this out there for all the big conference believers... do any of you remember Butler in the NCAA tournament last year? Not a team many would've picked to play in the Final. They play in the Horizon Conference... how tough is the competition there???? Exactly. The quality of conference opponents does not always indicate the strength of a club, be it basketball, football or soccer.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Well, that's the business I am in. Family has worked in college football since before I was born. I think I might have an idea how it works.

Alabama wins agains LSU we move to number five. Beat MSU, we move to four. Beat a number one or two AUburn we jump to either two or three. Beat South Carolina in the SECC it erases, in a lot of voters minds, our one loss since it was to them and will be seen as a fluke and we move into a solid two. Playing, most likely, Oregon.

Not an easy road by any stretch but it can be done. The easy road was taken by other schools and that is why they will not be rewarded.
Some schools don't get as much of a choice in their schedule as you seem to think they do. There are umpteen dozen examples of teams from AQ conferences that have beaten Big conference teams... the student athletes are exactly that, no matter what school they got a scholarship from.

Also, no offense intended, but the computers that determine BCS rankings are anything but predictable. No matter what your experience is, your ''idea of how it works'' might not matter when it comes to the final rankings. How often are the guys on TV wrong when it comes to predicting BCS rankings? No
Old 11-05-2010, 12:56 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
just throw this out there for all the big conference believers... do any of you remember Butler in the NCAA tournament last year? Not a team many would've picked to play in the Final. They play in the Horizon Conference... how tough is the competition there???? Exactly. The quality of conference opponents does not always indicate the strength of a club, be it basketball, football or soccer.
And Duke won. Do you think they scheduled cupcakes all year like BSU does? No, so in effect you just made my argument.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Quote:

These are my thought, too. A lot of football left. Auburn, Bama, championship..... Oregon can lose.

Since when does a Canadian know anything about AMERICAN Football??? You best stick to the Steve Nash's brother and the Vancouver White caps