Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X2 MCX
Shep he's just being quiet because his almighty buckeyes didn't look to impressive in their win against the big bad Illinois team.
Michigan's defense is horrible no one with any common sense will debate that, and no offensive numbers like that are not big ten football but you can allow that many points when you score that many.
Denard will run all over the Spartans next week, and yes Michigan will once again lose to OSU this year but if I were you CP I'd be more concerned with your inflated number 2 ranking then where Michigan and there lack of defense is.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
Being a little selective with the stats aren't you? You didn't mention that Michigan got 574 total yards in only 45 plays. Hmmm... Indiana: 5.8 yds/play. Michigan: 12.8 yds/play.

If Michigan had any hint of an effective defense, you and sweater vest would be hiding under your beds on Nov 27.
Should meeechigan have to amass 574 yards to win against Indiana? No. Their defense SHOULD be able to stop Indiana...but they couldn't so you had the outcome you had. Indiana continued to score because michigan couldn't stop them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aremsing View Post
Shep he's just being quiet because his almighty buckeyes didn't look to impressive in their win against the big bad Illinois team.
Michigan's defense is horrible no one with any common sense will debate that, and no offensive numbers like that are not big ten football but you can allow that many points when you score that many.
Denard will run all over the Spartans next week, and yes Michigan will once again lose to OSU this year but if I were you CP I'd be more concerned with your inflated number 2 ranking then where Michigan and there lack of defense is.
Those two teams played like they belong in the Pac-10 on Saturday.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 10-05-2010, 10:05 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
I watched the OSU Illinois game and if OSU plays like that again, against any other big ten team, they will get beat. Illinois had three facemask penalties in the final minutes that gave the bucks a TD. Without that TD OSU would have been forced to punt and Illinois could have come back fairly easily. CP if you look at the last game realistically I would say both of our teams are overrated. Watching Bama play literally made me gasp. They were head and shoulders above a pretty good Florida team. The thought of a big ten team facing them in the national championship sends shivers up my spine.

Michigan's defense is horrid and they will have to win every game by a shootout in order to post a victory.

Good luck
Old 10-05-2010, 10:10 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
I watched the OSU Illinois game and if OSU plays like that again, against any other big ten team, they will get beat. Illinois had three facemask penalties in the final minutes that gave the bucks a TD. Without that TD OSU would have been forced to punt and Illinois could have come back fairly easily. CP if you look at the last game realistically I would say both of our teams are overrated. Watching Bama play literally made me gasp. They were head and shoulders above a pretty good Florida team. The thought of a big ten team facing them in the national championship sends shivers up my spine.

Michigan's defense is horrid and they will have to win every game by a shootout in order to post a victory.

Good luck
Other than my Gophers! Rumor has it coach Brewster is out Dec. 1st - would get rid of him sooner but he has a clause in his contract that would cost the U of M an extra $200,000 for fire him before December.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 10-05-2010, 10:20 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Other than my Gophers! Rumor has it coach Brewster is out Dec. 1st - would get rid of him sooner but he has a clause in his contract that would cost the U of M an extra $200,000 for fire him before December.
Hard to believe we're talking about Minnesota football... just sayin.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Hard to believe we're talking about Minnesota football... just sayin.
Just trying to correct Maristar210 the he was throwing that any other Big Ten team around willy-nilly.

No false hopes here. But, then again, once we got a real basketball coach things changed.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Just trying to correct Maristar210 the he was throwing that any other Big Ten team around willy-nilly.

No false hopes here. But, then again, once we got a real basketball coach things changed.
Ya.........I'm going to have to agree here. There is NO WAY that Purdue would stand a chance against OSU. But then again, I said that last year and Purdue still beat them. Can't wait for the Basketball season to start, then the Boilers will be a force in the Big Ten.

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: mastercraft, X-30, 2004, MCX.
I can't wait for curling weather...................
Old 10-05-2010, 10:28 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Any given Saturday.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:48 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post

Good luck
Illinois was a mere bump in the road. The next bump will be on the 16th against Wisconsin and then again against Penn St. on 11/13. No offenst to Indiana and Minnesota in teh mean time.

I did enjoy the thrashing of southern michigan this past saturday. Kind of gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul