Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2001  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
So your hoping for what.....8 wins, maybe 9 this year?
No, I'm hoping they will win another National Championship..............
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2002  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Location: River
Posts: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
So your hoping for what.....8 wins, maybe 9 this year?
Your talking about Tressel's troops right?
Gators are going to be tough again. You can count on that. Urban has his ducks in a row and he also has Tressel's junk in is hand. Do you remember the embarassment? OSU did not show up for the title game, PERIOD...
Reply With Quote
  #2003  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:06 PM
sunsational's Avatar
sunsational sunsational is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Boat: 2003 X9 Black MCX
Location: Southeast
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
Tricky, I have said (and still stand by) that the Buckeyes didn't show up last year against Florida. If they show up, it is a totally different game, but they didn't and we got our arses handed to us. As I've said before, congrats. OSU not beating an SEC opponent had a lot to do with that guy named Cooper.

But here is something that all of you SEC boys don't want to acknowledge from last year....Penn State beat Tennessee and Wisconsin beat Arkansas who was sopposed to be scary-good. So what is up with that? If the SEC is so darn special, why the outcome of those two games? Things that make you go HMMMMM.
Tennesse had Penn State beat til we fumbled going in for another score. Our fault and Penn State went on to beat us from the point on, but we had them for the majority of the game.
__________________
'03 Black X9 MCX
Reply With Quote
  #2004  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 PM
sunsational's Avatar
sunsational sunsational is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Boat: 2003 X9 Black MCX
Location: Southeast
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
Tricky, I have said (and still stand by) that the Buckeyes didn't show up last year against Florida. If they show up, it is a totally different game, but they didn't and we got our arses handed to us. As I've said before, congrats. OSU not beating an SEC opponent had a lot to do with that guy named Cooper.

But here is something that all of you SEC boys don't want to acknowledge from last year....Penn State beat Tennessee and Wisconsin beat Arkansas who was sopposed to be scary-good. So what is up with that? If the SEC is so darn special, why the outcome of those two games? Things that make you go HMMMMM.
Tennesse had Penn State beat til we fumbled going in for another score. Our fault and Penn State went on to beat us from the point on, but we had them for the majority of the game.
__________________
'03 Black X9 MCX
Reply With Quote
  #2005  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210
Your talking about Tressel's troops right?
Gators are going to be tough again. You can count on that. Urban has his ducks in a row and he also has Tressel's junk in is hand. Do you remember the embarassment? OSU did not show up for the title game, PERIOD...
I have said all along Ohio State didn't show up.....but they did show up 40+ days earlier in THE Shoe.....REMEMBER?!?!?

Hey Maristar, when was the last time michigan showed up for a bowl game?????
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #2006  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Location: River
Posts: 8,801
CP

This was about OSU vs Florida and you had to twist it to OSU v UM.

I can't help ho-mo
Reply With Quote
  #2007  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Location: River
Posts: 8,801
Double post, sorry
Reply With Quote
  #2008  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
I have said all along Ohio State didn't show up.....
I still don't get it.................It's not that OSU didn't SHOW-UP..........That's just a way to ease the pain..............I had a friend who was an FSU fan..............Acccording to him, FSU was never beaten by another team...........He always said FSU LOST the game......Come on give credit where credit is due..........The Gators WON the game........It sure looked to me like OSU had shown up when they returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown............
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2009  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:25 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
I still don't get it.................It's not that OSU didn't SHOW-UP..........That's just a way to ease the pain..............I had a friend who was an FSU fan..............Acccording to him, FSU was never beaten by another team...........He always said FSU LOST the game......Come on give credit where credit is due..........The Gators WON the game........It sure looked to me like OSU had shown up when they returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown............
Tricky, I have to say that there is NO WAY to ease the pain. To put it to you this way, it has been 18 years since the Bengals lost to the 49ers in SBXXIII, and I have to say I still get sick to my stomach and I get dizzy to think about it. This is worse because it is still fresh, but it still makes me get sick to think about it. It's like this, in the 90's Ohio State had the best players in the nation, but we had Cooper running the show..so OSU lost those games to michigan and their bowl games (actually cooper lost those games). Last year we had better personnel at every skill position, but they didn't show up. Smith was running like he had concrete blocks tied to his feet, Ginn breaks his ankle by getting tackled by his own player, and the o-line was playing red-light, green-light with the d-line all night.....they lost it.....and lost it bad. I'm not taking anything away from the gaytors, they played great, but I think Ohio State could have lost the game to Bowling Green that night.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #2010  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:29 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,243
Good Night CP..................
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.