Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-10-2007, 01:24 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210
CP

Didn't want it as much implies you could have won if you had played up to your potential. I don't believe that to be the case. The whole Big Ten was overrated, again !!!
I don't know where this comes from. Around here all you hear is how strong the ACC and SEC are. Yea, I pointed out the Big 10 beating two SEC teams (which is just to have fun on this board), but the Big 10 didn't have that great of a year. OSU, michigan, and Wisconsin aside, the Big 10 was in the middle of the pack, as far as "major" conferences are concerned. Penn State was marginal, Purdue is usually better and Mich State found ways to lose every game they played. Bad year.......but we were 2-1 vs. the SEC in bowl games!

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-10-2007, 01:27 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
I don't know where this comes from. Around here all you hear is how strong the ACC and SEC are. Yea, I pointed out the Big 10 beating two SEC teams (which is just to have fun on this board), but the Big 10 didn't have that great of a year. OSU, michigan, and Wisconsin aside, the Big 10 was in the middle of the pack, as far as "major" conferences are concerned. Penn State was marginal, Purdue is usually better and Mich State found ways to lose every game they played. Bad year.......but we were 2-1 vs. the SEC in bowl games!

I'm with ya man but we were 2-5 overall and that ain't good....

Steve
Old 01-10-2007, 01:57 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210
I'm with ya man but we were 2-5 overall and that ain't good....

Steve
Unless I counted wrong, here are the bowl standings for the "major" conferences;

ACC - 4-4
BIG 12 - 2-5
BIG 10 - 2-5
SEC - 2-5
BIG EAST - 4-0
PAC 10 - 3-3

The Big East!!! are you kidding me? 4-0 The ACC with 8 bowl teams?, don't they just play basketball over there?

Looks like us BIG 10, 12, and SEC fans can all eat crow as far as who has the toughtst conference. Although, I never though much of the BIG 12.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:13 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
Unless I counted wrong, here are the bowl standings for the "major" conferences;

ACC - 4-4
BIG 12 - 2-5
BIG 10 - 2-5
SEC - 2-5
BIG EAST - 4-0
PAC 10 - 3-3

The Big East!!! are you kidding me? 4-0 The ACC with 8 bowl teams?, don't they just play basketball over there?

Looks like us BIG 10, 12, and SEC fans can all eat crow as far as who has the toughtst conference. Although, I never though much of the BIG 12.

Yeah I saw this too. Times are changing aren't they?
Old 01-10-2007, 02:32 PM
MC Addict

Well, I guess this is it till August or Sept. Worst time of year is right now, college football is over and it is like 3 or 4 months till the boats come back out.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-9
SEC

LSU won
FLA won
KY won
GA won
AUB won
ARK lost
AL lost

Not sure about any other SEC schools. Makes em 5-2.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:15 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
AND South Carolina WON. The SEC WON 6 of 9 Bowl Games
Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
AND South Carolina WON. The SEC WON 6 of 9 Bowl Games
oops, your right, my bad 6-3 not 2-5. Helps if you write it down instead of trying to do it in your head.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Triton 176 Mag
The fact is.......... Florida won and had the better team. We need a playoff. I think there are alot of schools that could be #1. Nobody wants any of USC or LSU after what they did to Michigan and ND. Florida had more speed on the bench then OSU could put on the field, period! And Teddy couldn't go both ways, so don't tell me, if Teddy could have played. Florida out coached and played OSU, just like they did LSU, so don't tell me I'm a SEC homer.... AS far as Tenn. and Arkansas, they were both over rated going into their bowl games. Arkansas has a D-II coach that screwed up their QB of the future and Tennessee is just not the Program of old. Arkansas only beat one good football team, Auburn. USC and Florida had little trouble beating them and LSU beat them in Arkansas, but not a bad year with Dick and Nutt running your program. Iowa looked like a powerhouse too(sorry Farmer), they needed overtime to beat basketball schools and WIsconsin only loss was to Michigan, I wouldn't tell anybody, Carr didn't even show up at the Rose Bowl. Great halftime adjustments Lloyd. And I wouldn't brag about only losing to OSU in a shootout if I were Michigan, OSU couldn't even gain 100yds. in the biggest game of the year. And ND got what they needed. They had to play a real program and got toasted. Their high powered offense only gets off the bus when they play the BORDER PATROL and the COAST GUARD. Boy they added a powerhouse for next year, DUKE, has Duke won a game since Spurrier left??? Conclusion, we all SUCK...........................

So lets just play some basketball.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:05 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Is USC Next?

They're already laying odds on next year's champion:

"The wagering site pinnaclesports.com makes USC the 5-2 favorite, ahead of Michigan (13-2), Florida (7-1), Texas (10-1) and West Virginia (14-1). Miami and FSU are 100-1, along with South Carolina, Boise State and, you'll love this, Hawaii."

Where is OSU??? Michigan is in there.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190