Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1681  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric
not being a hater, but what is the love affair the media has with Notre Dame?
notre lame plays EVERY sat. on NBC and they have a huge following so there is A LOT of money to be made off of them.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #1682  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Location: _______Wastebasket_________________________
Posts: 13,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
notre lame plays EVERY sat. on NBC and they have a huge following so there is A LOT of money to be made off of them.
well I know that and it only adds to my question of why? Rudy?Catholics? Neither of those things would have these mealy mouthed sportscasters as gushy as they were at halftime, nor in other broadcasts. what causes the following?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan
Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.
Reply With Quote
  #1683  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:08 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
I SEE A LOT MORE THAN 4 !!!!!!!
Funny, I see four, three of which are games played against fellow OHIO schools to keep the money in OHIO. Akron, Kent, and YSU all get HUGE pay-days for playing OSU. We used to play Cincinnati a lot, again to keep the money in OHIO. The BIG 10 schedule cannot be considered "pad" games. Say what you want, but the BIG 10 beat the SEC in both bowl games they played against each other, and will win another on Monday night to go 3-0.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #1684  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Location: _______Wastebasket_________________________
Posts: 13,209
ya know what we need? wee need africken poll. who gave the poll boy permission to elope and leave the polling to us?

unscientific as it may be, take a poll of the top 3 teams in each d1 college conference division simply based on "who's your favorite team" then add notre dame to the poll too and see percentage wise how it comes out?

I just wanna know what the fascination is
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan
Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.
Reply With Quote
  #1685  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:13 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric
well I know that and it only adds to my question of why? Rudy?Catholics? Neither of those things would have these mealy mouthed sportscasters as gushy as they were at halftime, nor in other broadcasts. what causes the following?
Religion and money. They are the "chosen" school, therefore everyone gets a warm and fuzzy feeling rooting for them. It's like when you say you don't root for notre lame, everyone asks, "why"?
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #1686  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Location: _______Wastebasket_________________________
Posts: 13,209
uhhh "Because I like LSU better" ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan
Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.
Reply With Quote
  #1687  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Location: River
Posts: 8,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
notre lame plays EVERY sat. on NBC and they have a huge following so there is A LOT of money to be made off of them.
Catholics.....

Like me there are quite a number of them. Makes them a natioanl team instantly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1688  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Location: _______Wastebasket_________________________
Posts: 13,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210
Catholics.....

Like me there are quite a number of them. Makes them a natioanl team instantly.
I can believe that, so the chameleons in the media are following the money as captain mentioned, while mostly secular, they give love to the team with the most fans or followers?
It completely makes sense that it's why ND makes their own tv deals but the media? hmmmm
Maybe there are more USC fans that Texas fans because last year the announcers of the National Championship game were gushing over USC, then finally turned it into the Vince Young show about 7 minutes from the end.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan
Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.
Reply With Quote
  #1689  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Location: River
Posts: 8,798
Slightly off topic.

I sold some Cubs tix a fews years back on e-bay and unknowingly sold this pair to an employee of ND. He worked in the planning department or something. Anyway he asked if I had any interest in his season tickets since he always sits in the press box anyway. I said yeah right and he said no really 2 seats 7 rows up in the end zone, pay me face and thier yours. I jumped on this like a hooker on a glass pipe. I purcashed these tickets for two years until he learned I never went to a single game and sold every pair of tix on e-Bay. He came down from the press box to say hello and the people in the seats said no they bought them on e-bay. Good while it lasted. I turned $600 into several thousand for a couple of years anyway....

Point being. The following for this University is immeasurable and I have the sold ticket prices to prove it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1690  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Location: _______Wastebasket_________________________
Posts: 13,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210
Slightly off topic.

I sold some Cubs tix a fews years back on e-bay and unknowingly sold this pair to an employee of ND. He worked in the planning department or something. Anyway he asked if I had any interest in his season tickets since he always sits in the press box anyway. I said yeah right and he said no really 2 seats 7 rows up in the end zone, pay me face and thier yours. I jumped on this like a hooker on a glass pipe. I purcashed these tickets for two years until he learned I never went to a single game and sold every pair of tix on e-Bay. He came down from the press box to say hello and the people in the seats said no they bought them on e-bay. Good while it lasted. I turned $600 into several thousand for a couple of years anyway....

Point being. The following for this University is immeasurable and I have the sold ticket prices to prove it.
Entrepeneural Spirit!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan
Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.