Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
Yea, Bama automatically becomes a contender but he seems like a quitter to me. He was only at Miami for 2 seasons and walks away when things don't go so well. Says a lot about him if his contract with Miami wasn't over.

Quitter sums it up (hey I just agreed with CP)

Saban would sell his mother for the right amount of money. He left in the middle of the night from Michigan State and did the same to LSU. Shows his true moral character. The bear would not approve of his track record for tenure.

Look three years into the future:

Ring Ring. Nick Saban says "Hang on its my cell" "How much?" "What program?". He hangs up and says "Sorry money just called, I gotta go".

You cannot take money to your grave but peace of mind and integrity are eternal.

Yeah I said that ......

GO Irish !!!
Steve
Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
You Buckeye fans may enjoy this column. Then again, maybe not...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...dp-classifieds

"These are not the pleasant little Big Ten Badgers from Wisconsin or the cerebral Wolverines from Michigan.
The Buckeyes are big, dumb, nasty and now, frighteningly enough, they are fast.
Remember what the 1995 Cornhuskers did to us in the Fiesta Bowl?
Imagine if they also had the ability to throw a forward pass. It would have been like giving Sitting Bull assault rifles at Little Bighorn.
That's what we are up against with the 2006 Ohio State Buckeyes."

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190

Last edited by shepherd; 01-03-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:22 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Wayne Huizenga told him to follow his heart......I believe he followed is WALLET!!!!
His wife said she didn't like the South Florida life style. So Tuscaloosa is going to be a paradise????
Old 01-04-2007, 05:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
That's it: Notre Dame is off the christmas card list. That fat bastard sucks I don't care what anyone says. Genius offensive mind my a$$! Charlie, the NY Giants need a coach, go go go!

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2007 HD Street Glide

Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Cherry Wheat, Petes

Strawberry Blonde, Petes Wicked Ale

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Old 01-04-2007, 07:12 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1979 Mastercraft, 1998 ProStar 205
I believe Nick Saban is a better college coach that a pro coach. Some guys are better suited to college than pro, Saban is one, Holtz and Spurrier are two more.
Yea, he followed his heart and his wallet, can't blame a guy for that. I doubt he will ever get a chance to coach in the NFL agian.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:15 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1979 Mastercraft, 1998 ProStar 205
I would like to thank Notre Dame for flying to New Orleans and participating in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, nine in a row, that is fantastic.
Oh, and Charlie, nice decision to fake a punt on your first posession, the game was over after that.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:33 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Dear notre dame, Being a fan of THE Ohio State University I could care less what you do with your football program. But judging from your current string of bowl blowouts and just getting out-played every bowl game maybe it's time to do one of two things. Either join a conference so your true "power ranking" can be properly assessed, or stop scheduling teams like Navy, Air Force, Duke, and Stanford year in and year out. You got really crazy for 2008 and scheduled N. Carolina, Washington, S.D. State, and Pitt. But look out, Butch Davis will have one full season back in the saddle in N.C. before you come to town. You played two good teams this year and got slaughtered by them both. Come out of the closet already!!

Basically all I want is this, stop scheduling a cream-puff schedule so you end up with 9 or 10 wins. All this does is put you in a BCS game just to get blown out AGAIN by a REAL team that has played a REAL schedule and DESERVES to be there. Yea, you have a large following and bring in a lot of money, don't you think it is time you gave your fans a real sense of the caliber of team you are instead of committing fraud every year?

Captain

P.S. Good game LSU, sorry you had to play such a sub-par team in front of a national audience.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-04-2007, 09:09 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
Dear notre dame, Being a fan of THE Ohio State University I could care less what you do with your football program. But judging from your current string of bowl blowouts and just getting out-played every bowl game maybe it's time to do one of two things. Either join a conference so your true "power ranking" can be properly assessed, or stop scheduling teams like Navy, Air Force, Duke, and Stanford year in and year out. You got really crazy for 2008 and scheduled N. Carolina, Washington, S.D. State, and Pitt. But look out, Butch Davis will have one full season back in the saddle in N.C. before you come to town. You played two good teams this year and got slaughtered by them both. Come out of the closet already!!

Basically all I want is this, stop scheduling a cream-puff schedule so you end up with 9 or 10 wins. All this does is put you in a BCS game just to get blown out AGAIN by a REAL team that has played a REAL schedule and DESERVES to be there. Yea, you have a large following and bring in a lot of money, don't you think it is time you gave your fans a real sense of the caliber of team you are instead of committing fraud every year?

Captain

P.S. Good game LSU, sorry you had to play such a sub-par team in front of a national audience.

Spoken like a true ________. I'm afraid you are right...

Oh and Charlie.... Who the hell goes for a fake punt on your first possession inside your own 30? Dumb call Charlie.....
Old 01-04-2007, 09:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '94 Prostar 205
ESPN summed the 9 in a row streak really well ... "ND is always overrated because of their strong following and this puts them in games that are over their heads." Rutgers should have played LSU not ND. ND will cash that big check and go home with a smile.

Rumor has it that ND will add a Central Florida to their schedule for 2007/08 to make it tougher. The sad part of that comment is that CF would make their schedule tougher.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:02 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrosby150
That's it: Notre Dame is off the christmas card list. That fat bastard sucks I don't care what anyone says. Genius offensive mind my a$$! Charlie, the NY Giants need a coach, go go go!
I thought the Irish was going to give them a run when they tied it up. But, Russell was ON last night. I thing for sure ND will miss Brady Quinn. I hope the Dolphins draft him.