Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1441  
Old 12-03-2006, 04:28 PM
BIGBADBLUE's Avatar
BIGBADBLUE BIGBADBLUE is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: '94 Prostar 205
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,061
Interesting ... here are Carr's comments on the BCS at his weekly show:

"I think it's going to be a great controversy, I don't care who gets selected," Carr said, "because I just think that based on some of the comments the Florida coach has made in the last two weeks -- campaigning strenuously for a berth in the championship game -- and making some statements about Michigan that I think were inappropriate.

"That certainly is going to stir a controversy and who knows what that's going to lead to."

Carr has handled this very appropriately. Says a lot about the program he runs. I like it. I still think UF should get a shot, however, do not like Urban's comments and the way he handled it. Bush league!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1442  
Old 12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Chief's Avatar
Chief Chief is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
Location: The Edge
Posts: 1,818
Urban Myer is a goof, how smug can that f$%ker be when he was asked if he and his team knew that USC lost. I think the gators would be right where they are with Zook.


Urban Myer is a no class act with his whining.
__________________
2006 Maristar 200VRS MCX
KGB Ballast and all the works!

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2007 HD Street Glide

Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Cherry Wheat, Petes

Strawberry Blonde, Petes Wicked Ale

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Reply With Quote
  #1443  
Old 12-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Chief's Avatar
Chief Chief is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
Location: The Edge
Posts: 1,818
Time to go watch the BCS selection.


GO IRISH!
__________________
2006 Maristar 200VRS MCX
KGB Ballast and all the works!

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2007 HD Street Glide

Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Cherry Wheat, Petes

Strawberry Blonde, Petes Wicked Ale

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Reply With Quote
  #1444  
Old 12-03-2006, 08:14 PM
P-hat_in_Cincy's Avatar
P-hat_in_Cincy P-hat_in_Cincy is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: MasterCraft Prostar 205V "wakeboard edition", 2004
Location: Greater Cincinnati
Posts: 1,403
hehe...GATOR MEAT!
__________________
2004 MasterCraft Prostar 205v 'Wakeboard Edition'
Reply With Quote
  #1445  
Old 12-03-2006, 08:53 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADBLUE
"I think it's going to be a great controversy, I don't care who gets selected," Carr said, "because I just think that based on some of the comments the Florida coach has made in the last two weeks -- campaigning strenuously for a berth in the championship game -- and making some statements about Michigan that I think were inappropriate.
So what exactly did Meyer say that was so inappropriate about Michigan? Carr should be specific if he is going to make statements like that. Maybe he was the one that was stirring the pot......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1446  
Old 12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrosby150
Urban Myer is a goof, how smug can that f$%ker be when he was asked if he and his team knew that USC lost. I think the gators would be right where they are with Zook.


Urban Myer is a no class act with his whining.
Yeah, and Spurrier was arrogant, so what, that's all part of being a Gator. You're either a Gator or you're Gator Bait. The Gators played the toughest schedule in the nation and deserve to be in the National Championship Game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1447  
Old 12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hat_in_Cincy
hehe...GATOR MEAT!
Well I guess it's down to you, CP, & me......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1448  
Old 12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Chief's Avatar
Chief Chief is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
Location: The Edge
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
Yeah, and Spurrier was arrogant, so what, that's all part of being a Gator. You're either a Gator or you're Gator Bait. The Gators played the toughest schedule in the nation and deserve to be in the National Championship Game.
Spurrier was a razor with his words. No playing dumb with him, he would have made a comment like: "They wanted the rose bowl, they earned it".

No doubt they deserve it, they are just lucky they have a guy with twelve foot arms to block field goals.
__________________
2006 Maristar 200VRS MCX
KGB Ballast and all the works!

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2007 HD Street Glide

Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Cherry Wheat, Petes

Strawberry Blonde, Petes Wicked Ale

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Reply With Quote
  #1449  
Old 12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
BIGBADBLUE's Avatar
BIGBADBLUE BIGBADBLUE is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: '94 Prostar 205
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,061
I think they got it right. On a neutral field the OSU/UM might have been different ... that is another argument. UF will get crushed by OSU and be very exposed. One thing is true ... the BCS did NOT pick the second best team they picked the best match-up which they should have done given the system

I think UM will struggle a lot with USC and the secondary will be exposed as well. UM always struggles against USC.
Reply With Quote
  #1450  
Old 12-03-2006, 09:26 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrosby150
Spurrier was a razor with his words. No playing dumb with him, he would have made a comment like: "They wanted the rose bowl, they earned it".

No doubt they deserve it, they are just lucky they have a guy with twelve foot arms to block field goals.
You don't remember Spurrier very well. Comments like FSU stands for free shoes U. Or when the Gators won 4 straight SEC Championships he told reporters that they were there for their annual team photo. He certainly would have said something far more critical than anything Meyer has said......
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 AM.