Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-20-2006, 08:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
All right, I for one am not going to let the Big 10 rule this thread! It ain't over til the fat lady sings (but I must admit she warming up). I know Maristar an BBB want a rematch, but I'm sorry you had your chance. Plus the BSC has a rule that you must win your conference in order to play in the National Championship Game.

I would rather see Florida (imagine that) Arkansas, USC or Notre Dame get a shot at OSU. In ordrer for the Gators to get a chance they need to win convincingly over FSU and Arkansas plus they need USC to loose at least on game.

Again, still a lot of football left to be played. Michigan can only sit back and watch the drama unfold as their season is over. If USC wins out they will leap frog Michigan for the #2 spot. The Gators can get there if the win out and have help.

The next two weeks will be interesting to say the least. I only have one thing left to say GO GATORS!!!
Trick I think the gators have a chance like ND has, not much with Michigan still at #2. Maybe a Florida vs. ND match up? HMMMMMM. Remember what happend last time Florida and ND played? It would make for a great party though!

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2007 HD Street Glide

Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Cherry Wheat, Petes

Strawberry Blonde, Petes Wicked Ale

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Old 11-20-2006, 08:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrosby150
Trick I think the gators have a chance like ND has, not much with Michigan still at #2. Maybe a Florida vs. ND match up? HMMMMMM. Remember what happend last time Florida and ND played? It would make for a great party though!
That was the only time Holtz beat Spurrier. USC has the best shot to upstage Michigan then Florida with help. But if FL and ND play in a bowl together the PARTY's ON!!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
That was the only time Holtz beat Spurrier. USC has the best shot to upstage Michigan then Florida with help. But if FL and ND play in a bowl together the PARTY's ON!!!!!
Stand by for the controversy. BCS is going to take a beating because everyone is on Michigan's jock right now and the way they played OSU it's going to be a rematch. Think of the money that is going to generate, millions and millions of dollars! Maybe billions after the advertising.

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2007 HD Street Glide

Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Cherry Wheat, Petes

Strawberry Blonde, Petes Wicked Ale

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Old 11-20-2006, 09:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Think of the money that is going to generate, millions and millions of dollars! Maybe billions after the advertising.
That's just it, I don't see it generating that much cash because it is a rematch. The only people who really want a rematch are Michigan fans. OSU fans don't want a rematch. This game has already been played, it was a great game, and OSU won. So lets move on to the next opponent who ever it may be. If they do end up playing again I don't plan on watching it, and not because I'm a Gator fan. It will be like watching a movie sequel and sequels are never that good.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 sportstar 19
yo tricks -- leaving tomorrow for sunny florida. am going to tally on sat for fsu-uf, and then driving back to iowa after game. hope we can give the gates a game. i am hoping for the best but expecting the worse. just want timmy teabags to quit that silly jumping around least he gets poped (not hurt) good a couple of times. doubt it because nobody has laid a solid lick on him yet. go noles!

food for thought on um-osu match up for the nc. if they are paired, does wisconsin get a bcs bid also? they are in the top 10 in the bcs rankings and that should give them a slot. happened to iowa a few years ago.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 PS190
Send a message via AIM to OhioProstar
Quote:
Think of the money that is going to generate, millions and millions of dollars! Maybe billions after the advertising.
Actually having two teams from one region would not generate as much marketing dollars as OSU vs. USC or OSU vs. Florida. Throw in the fact that both teams just played and you lose 2/3rds of your audience.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeach
yo tricks -- leaving tomorrow for sunny florida. am going to tally on sat for fsu-uf, and then driving back to iowa after game. hope we can give the gates a game. i am hoping for the best but expecting the worse. just want timmy teabags to quit that silly jumping around least he gets poped (not hurt) good a couple of times. doubt it because nobody has laid a solid lick on him yet. go noles!

food for thought on um-osu match up for the nc. if they are paired, does wisconsin get a bcs bid also? they are in the top 10 in the bcs rankings and that should give them a slot. happened to iowa a few years ago.
Have a Safe Trip Moonie! I wanted to go to the FL/FSU game with Atlfootr, but got tix to the SEC Championship Game and wife said I could only go to one. No one has been able to stop Tebow yet and they know he's coming. We were at the "Swamp" Saturday and TT threw a perfect stike for a TD late in the game. Happy to see that Jeffery is still calling the shots for this game.

I haven't looked at Wisconsin's strenght of schedule so I really can't answer that.

Again, Have a Safe Trip and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Barefoot 200 MasterCraft 1993 ProV200 Outboard
Quote:
I wanted to go to the FL/FSU game with Atlfootr, but got tix to the SEC Championship Game
and wife said I could only go to one.
I'll acknowledge your exsistance on the 40
p.s., tell the Mrs. to light'n ... they only play each other once a year
Old 11-20-2006, 11:03 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Being a Michigan fan, I'd like to see a rematch, but I agree it wouldn't be right. That said, OSU will kill whoever they end up playing.

Assuming USC goes to Glendale, who will UM play in the Rose Bowl? Who's 2nd in the PAC 10? Cal? Looks like the Bears are in trouble.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 11-20-2006, 11:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
Quote:
Have a Safe Trip Moonie! I wanted to go to the FL/FSU game with Atlfootr, but got tix to the SEC Championship Game and wife said I could only go to one. No one has been able to stop Tebow yet and they know he's coming. We were at the "Swamp" Saturday and TT threw a perfect stike for a TD late in the game. Happy to see that Jeffery is still calling the shots for this game.

I haven't looked at Wisconsin's strenght of schedule so I really can't answer that.

Again, Have a Safe Trip and Happy Thanksgiving!!

I want to see what happens next year when Teabag has to take all the snaps.

/went to check the stats because I thought Georgia stopped him, they did except once for 20 yards.