Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-15-2006, 05:01 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I've got a shiny dime for whomever can photoshop a maroon A&M shirt on this kid.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:19 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Never mind.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 02-24-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:43 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hat_in_Cincy
Let's save the time, the effort, and the energy
By Pete Fiutak

Bring the national championship trophy to Columbus this weekend and just give it to the winner of the Michigan-Ohio State game. Enough is enough this year. Has Florida looked even remotely like a national title-caliber team? USC lost to an Oregon State team that just got thumped by UCLA. Does Arkansas really belong in the national title considering it got obliterated 50-14 at home by the Trojans? Sure, that was a lifetime ago, but the loss has to still count for something. Notre Dame needed everything in its bag to beat Michigan State and UCLA and, in case you forgot, got its doors blown off by Michigan. Rutgers? I know, cute story, but come on. Texas, Cal, Auburn ... thanks for playing. And no, there shouldn't be a rematch no matter what happens next weekend. What happens in Columbus, stays in Columbus.

Not only have Ohio State and Michigan had the two best teams all year, there isn't anyone else deserving to be in the picture. In the storied history of college football's greatest rivalry, and it is college football's greatest rivalry, this will be the biggest game ever played between the two. That makes this, arguably, the biggest regular season game in the history of the sport. So let this weekend be it. Crown the winner the national champion, and let's get the talk about the 2007 season going. USC, Florida or Arkansas as the preseason No. 1 ..."
NOT SO FAST CP

This Guy is either a complete MORON or a SHUT-IN. Biggest regular season game in the history of the sport? Not only have they beaten the best two teams all year, there isn't anyone else deserving to be in the picture?

Has he forgotten about the Florida State & Notre Dame game in 93? The Florida State & Miami games, or the Miami & Notre Dame games over the past 2 decades? These were great classic games that fans paid more for tickets to attend these games than the OSU & UM game this weekend.

The OSU & UM game will be a good game, but it certainly isn't for the National Championship. It is however, to determine who will play for the National Championship.

As far as beating the the best two teams this year, Notre Dame has one loss as does Florida, USC, Arkansas, WV, Wisconsin, Louisville, and let's not forget about Wake Forest. Texas has two losses, so how can he count them as one of the top two teams this year?

Now let's compare strength of schedules: Ohio State has played 3 ranked opponents: then #2 Texas which is now 9-2, then #24 Penn St. now 7-4 and then #13 Iowa now 6-5. Only those 3 teams have winning records. The rest of their opponents have a combined win loss record of 33 & 52 or a 64% loosing average. YES SIR, pretty impressive opponents right there.

Michigan has only played one ranked opponent, then #2 Notre Dame currently ranked #5. They have played 5 teams with winning records: Central Michigan, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Minnesota, & Penn St. The rest of their opponents have a win loss record of 25 & 41 or a 61% loosing average.

Florida has played 3 ranked opponents as well: then #13 Tennesse now 7-3, then #9 LSU now 8-2, and then #11 Auburn now 9-2. They have also played 4 other teams with winning records: Southern Miss.,Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina is 5-5. The rest of their oponents have a combined win loss record of 7-11 or a 64% loosing average. But remember, they have only played 2 teams with loosing records and 7 teams with winning records.

So this hometown sports writer might want to look a little further South before spouting off. Oh, I'm sure he would like the National Championship to be decided this weekend, but it won't be. The winner of the OSU & UM without a doubt deserves to play for the National Championship. Then there are a lot of quality 1 loss teams that deserve their shot at going to the BIG GAME.

FLORIDA controls their own destiny. If they win out the deserve a shot at the winner of this weekends OSU & UM game. Can the Gators win it all? That will be determined on the field, and why we play the game.

Last edited by trickskier; 11-23-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
What Tricky said.

/did I just agree with a gator?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:52 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePirate
What Tricky said.

/did I just agree with a gator?
Thanks LP!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
Thanks LP!!!

To be honest I am already over the Michigan - Ohio State game.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePirate
To be honest I am already over the Michigan - Ohio State game.
Way TOO much HYPE for two teams that have played that weak of a schedule!!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:25 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Sure got quiet in here.........
Old 11-16-2006, 10:18 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
NOT SO FAST CP

This Guy is either a complete MORON or a SHUT-IN. Biggest regular season game in the history of the sport? Not only have they beaten the best two teams all year, there isn't anyone else deserving to be in the picture?

Has he forgotten about the Florida State & Notre Dame game in 93? The Florida State & Miami games, or the Miami & Notre Dame games over the past 2 decades? These were great classic games that fans paid more for tickets to attend these games than the OSU & UM game this weekend.

The OSU & UM game will be a good game, but it certainly isn't for the National Championship. It is however, to determine who will play for the National Championship.

As far as beating the the best two teams this year, Notre Dame has one loss as does Florida, USC, Arkansas, WV, Wisconsin, Louisville, and let's not forget about Wake Forest. Texas has two losses, so how can he count them as one of the top two teams this year?

Now let's compare strength of schedules: Ohio State has played 3 ranked opponents: then #2 Texas which is now 9-2, then #24 Penn St. now 7-4 and then #13 Iowa now 6-5. Only those 3 teams have winning records. The rest of their opponents have a combined win loss record of 33 & 52 or a 64% loosing average. YES SIR, pretty impressive opponents right there.

Michigan has only played one ranked opponent, then #2 Notre Dame currently ranked #5. They have played 5 teams with winning records: Central Michigan, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Minnesota, & Penn St. The rest of their opponents have a win loss record of 25 & 41 or a 61% loosing average.

Florida has played 3 ranked opponents as well: then #13 Tennesse now 7-3, then #9 LSU now 8-2, and then #11 Auburn now 9-2. They have also played 4 other teams with winning records: Southern Miss.,Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina is 5-5. The rest of their oponents have a combined win loss record of 7-11 or a 64% loosing average. But remember, they have only played 2 teams with loosing records and 7 teams with winning records.

So this hometown sports writer might want to look a little further South before spouting off. Oh, I'm sure he would like the National Championship to be decided this weekend, but it won't be. The winner of the OSU & UM without a doubt deserves to play for the National Championship. Then there are a lot of quality 1 loss teams that deserve their shot at going to the BIG GAME.

FLORIDA controls their own destiny. If they win out the deserve a shot at the winner of this weekends OSU & UM game. Can the Gators win it all? That will be determined on the field, and why the play the game.

Well said Trickskier
Old 11-16-2006, 11:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '94 Prostar 205
This is great data Trick. Well done!!! You are making an asumption that college football actually makes sense. Bad assumption.

I will throw in my 2 cents ... Living in SEC country, I do believe ever since Woodson won the Heisman and Auburn got the $crew when they went undefeat that the SEC has a bit of a complex. The "We beat each other up" story is getting stale. Get over it and win the games on your schedule. My opinion is that Florida and LSU look very good and are the real deal. TN, Ark and Auburn are way overrated and just pretenders.