Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-08-2014, 01:41 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Broken finger

Monday morning one of my fears came to life. My 4yr old son was going into the bathroom and little sister wanted to follow behind. Naturally he did not want her to come in so as she pushed the door open, he slammed it closed and was leaning on it from the other side. I quickly ran over to see my daughters pinky stuck in the door on the hinge side while the door was completely shut. When I took it out, it was flattened and crooked. I just knew it was broken. Upon taking her to the pediatrician, he looked at the X-ray and said it doesn't appear to be broken and she should be okay. We later got a call from the radiologist who said that it was indeed broken between the two knuckles. We took her to the orthopedist yesterday who said that the break was into her growth plate which was the major thing. The tip of her finger was also fractured but it wasn't as much of a concern. They splinted it and wrapped it pretty good but it made me feel so bad for her bc she has such small delicate fingers. I think it would have been worse if she was not so petite. She should hopefully heal okay as children tend to bounce back quickly. Oh the joys of having children!

Old 01-08-2014, 01:45 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2
hope she is going to be okay!!

my youngest child daughter has had 8 breaks so far! she recently broke 3 fingers in tumbling for cheer doing a back handspring. yep she is only 13.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Ah yes, brothers and sisters, tough and delicate. When my daughter was about her age she walked to close to my son swinging a Racketball Racket and smack, 4 stitches on the left side of her nose. She is almost 16 and I can still see minor mark from it.

Their tough and will tend to bounce back quickly. That sucker sure looks good!

I dont ever remember the term growth plate when I was young. Or the words physical therapy like in today's world.

I was about 8, broke my wrist, casted me up, sent me home, 6 weeks later they cut it off and sent me on my way.... Now its 6 weeks of Physical Therapy..

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-08-2014, 01:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
What a sad face. I remember going through those things years ago when my son was small. I think it is harder on the parent than the child in many instances.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 01-08-2014, 02:20 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
MrMC, I agree that it is harder on the parents.

Double D, I broke my wrist when I was 16 in the middle of summer, which just about killed me bc I wanted to get out on the water so bad. I distinctly remember my buddies mom telling me NO Way I was getting on that Sea Doo even if I did wrap it with a garbage bag. Now they have some sleeve that covers the cast with a rubber seal at the base to keep the water out. Mainly for showers and baths but if they would have had that then, I would have been on the water. At any rate, I drank so much milk that I was out of it in just four weeks and it was a pretty bad break too. I still can't hold as much weight with that wrist plus it pops pretty bad now but it still healed pretty well.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
I sure hope she's doing fine. Such a sad look to see in their little eyes. My heart goes out to her. It is hard for them to understand what is happening. Please wish her well.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:07 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Typical kid stuff!

My kid fall out of her bed at age 2, and hit her forehead on the nightstand on the way down... 5 stitches and ap ainful trip to the emergency room...

Another day, she swallowed a threaded screw! doctor said she'd be able to pass it, but her xray looked VERY similar to this!

LOL

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-08-2014, 03:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: '94 Maristar 225VRS 5.7 LT1
At least she seems to be enjoying that sucker She is a doll! I remember when mine were little like that. I will agree that it is alot harder on Mom and Dad. Kids are bouncy and squishy so she should be just fine in no time. Plus that splint will be GREAT for poking her brother in a couple of days!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:15 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
If you felt a wrenching in your stomach... that was hair follicles turning gray...
Old 01-08-2014, 03:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Stripes PowerSlot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
If you felt a wrenching in your stomach... that was hair follicles turning gray...
No question about it. Our son is now 34 and I am fully white/gray from all those incidents. It will stay with you all your life!