Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-03-2015, 10:23 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Replacement Windows

Looking to replace all of the old single pane aluminum windows with new. Looking at vinyl options for a multitude of reasons. Anyone especially in the south done this recently? What brand did you use? Happy with the results? Anyone specifically have any experience with Window Mart or Wincore?

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Old 02-03-2015, 10:52 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X2
http://www.andersenwindows.com/produ...es/100-series/
We bought a foreclosure 6 years ago and replaced all the windows with Andersen 100 series. I like that I could custom order them with nailing fins so I could do a full tear out installation with new PVC trim for low maintenance exterior. Very happy with the results, *NO WOOD.
Since you're going from single pane to IG, you'll notice a big difference in your energy costs and comfort. What most people tell me after I've installed them is that they don't hear as much outside noise with the new windows.
I just put 16 of these Andersen 100 windows in my folks house and they love them. Full tear out - you remove the whole window down to the rough opening of your house. I do full tear out because I can remove all the old window technology, install a quality energy efficient window correctly with foam insulation to gain the most long term efficiency. Use PVC brickmould or PVC trim to complete the exterior. Then to satisfy my House OCD I refinish all interior casings for a freshy-fresh upgrade.

When we bought this place - We promised that we would not skimp. Glad we didn't, one Andersen awning casement broke last month. I had a new window pane in less than 2 weeks - NO CHARGE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:21 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
I did Anderson 80 series I think (Home depot mid grade level)

Very happy with the windows. Did 14 in my house after we moved in and glad I did. Worth the money and they do a great job keeping the noise out.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Covi is pretty knowledgeable and helped me out a few years ago. I think he sells Marvin windows...

Tread:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...windows&page=2

1994 205, LT1
Old 02-03-2015, 01:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Covi is pretty knowledgeable and helped me out a few years ago. I think he sells Marvin windows...

Tread:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...windows&page=2
Can't get hurt with a Marvin either. Good product.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:34 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
While Marvin is an excellent product their cost is out of the budget not just for my wallet but for the house itself.. Wood and Wood/Fiberglass is not justifiable. The neighborhood has nice homes but around here unless you are in a very high end house the finish level is that of aluminum or vinyl.

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Old 02-04-2015, 03:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Not sure if they have Milgard windows where you live. We have them in both of our homes. They are reasonably priced and have a lifetime warranty to the original owner. We have had a few replaced under warranty.