Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 08-25-2005, 12:13 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 06 197 1.26:1 MCX (Gone but not forgotten)
My wife learned to ski today:)

Well, it took 5 or 6 tries with a new pair of 65" Jobe Hemi''s ... but she got up deep water today. Just my dad and our little ones in the boat, and the water was glass. Went on a 4-5 mile ride. Finally toward the end she crossed the wake ... she had no idea it would be so smooth

Thankfully whe did not get ran over as some jackass wanted to ride no more than 150 feet behind us (they were even with the 3rd wake) ... mind you, they were the only other boat operating on 10 miles of the river ... my wife thought at first we were motioning to her to go outside the wake, but I was trying to get this idiot to get out of our wake without scaring my wife so that she would fall down and get ran over.

Anyway, I am pretty stoked, she is excited to do it again, and wants to learn to wakeboard and wakesurf this weekend I will post a picture later (sorry guys, no swimsuit - I had her in a drysuit just in case it took a while)

Casey
Old 08-25-2005, 12:20 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
A drysuit in August???
If I put one of those on down here, I'd have heat stroke before my feet hit the water!

Congrats Pend. Hope she keeps at it.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 08-25-2005, 12:21 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by PendOreilleSkier
Well, it took 5 or 6 tries with a new pair of 65" Jobe Hemi''s ... but she got up deep water today. Just my dad and our little ones in the boat, and the water was glass. Went on a 4-5 mile ride. Finally toward the end she crossed the wake ... she had no idea it would be so smooth

Thankfully whe did not get ran over as some jackass wanted to ride no more than 150 feet behind us (they were even with the 3rd wake) ... mind you, they were the only other boat operating on 10 miles of the river ... my wife thought at first we were motioning to her to go outside the wake, but I was trying to get this idiot to get out of our wake without scaring my wife so that she would fall down and get ran over.

Anyway, I am pretty stoked, she is excited to do it again, and wants to learn to wakeboard and wakesurf this weekend I will post a picture later (sorry guys, no swimsuit - I had her in a drysuit just in case it took a while)

Casey

Ah, Ahem!!! The camera??

JK.. Congrats.. Did she like it?

You can tell how stoked I was… I was typing as I was reading the end of your post. Cant wait for the shots!!!

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 08-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Leroy

Congrats Casey! 4-5 miles

Everything is possible now!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:52 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy
Congrats Casey! 4-5 miles

Everything is possible now!

She just kept haning on, we didn't teach her the "cut" signal ... oh well, she skipped her run today

Last edited by PendO; 08-25-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:05 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
A drysuit in August???
If I put one of those on down here, I'd have heat stroke before my feet hit the water!

Congrats Pend. Hope she keeps at it.
Yeah, it was a bit over the top ... air temp was low 70's and water temp 69, I just didn't want her to get cold as the last time she took a crack at it it was 2002 and I tried to get her up using my slalom and my brothers slalom (different lenghts, different boot sizes - needless to say that was 2 babies ago so - and she swallowed a lot of water).

Last edited by PendO; 08-25-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:31 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PendOreilleSkier
Yeah, it was a bit over the top ... air temp was low 70's and water temp 69, I just didn't want her to get cold as the last time she took a crack at it it was 2002 and I tried to get her up using my slalom and my brothers slalom (different lenghts, different boot sizes - needless to say that was 2 babies ago so - and she swallowed a lot of water).
Yeah, I can sympathize. My wife is a natural, got up on 2 skis the first time she ever tried and skied around the lake a bit. But after a few tries getting up on one, she got frustrated and won't try any more. Some of these beginners, you've just got to treat them gingerly.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190
Congrats! I can barely get my wife to drive the boat.

Did she make it outside the wake? I am guessing the XStar wake was too much to try her first time up. A new challenge for her next time.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:06 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1991 mastercraft Prostar 190, 351 w/powerslot. Blue & grey.
well congrats to her!!! good job!!! better get that slalom ski ready to go next!!!

on the stupid idiot boater thing. That really *%*$#&# me off when you get a retard that does that. ESPECIALLY with a rookie skier behind the boat. Now, I admit that I am sometimes a bit "Hitler-esqe" in my thinking at times, but I think it should be legal to carry paint ball guns on our boats and feel free to shoot them at retards on the water. Please keep in mind, I dont want to hurt anyone, just wake them up and discourage them from boating like an idiot or being too close to me. Bounce a few paint balls off their hull and see if that gets their attention. Or if thats too extreme, maybe a banner you can hold up that the wind wont catch that says "Back off RETARD!!!!!" maybe that would help. So are there any laws against shooting paint ball guns from boats????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
ha ha, screw paintball, a potato cannon is much more interesting and will do some real damage...

get their registration number and a picture of it occuring, preferably several pictures, then call up the local sherrif and report it, along w/ the photos atleast they'll get a fine for doing so.

ps. the sherriffs on our lake will definately stop boaters and pwc riders who get too near to skiers and sailboats.