Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Our lake house is close to a mile up a large finger on the lake. When it isn't too busy, we will usually idle out past the fishermen before hammering down and cranking up the music (this almost always gets a friendly wave initiated by the fishermen). Once out on the main lake, I stay in the chanel and try to only pass them going down the lake and then back to the cabin. I do my best not to go back and forth right in front of them. I know that our wake isn't small and I wouldn't enjoy the ride up on shore, so I try to keep my distance where I can.

I enjoy fishing as well, just don't do it as much as we wakeboard.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Most of our fishermen get back in the less desired areas that I don't mess with anyways. We did have a guy and his son pull into our cove last year, get 20' from us, stare at the girls, and turn around. Super creepers but it was funny as could be. Other than that I just wave and get the occasional finger back. I do late rides after our lake clears out to avoid everyone including them.

Now growing up fishing I can say they have a good reason to be negative half the time. Does that mean they should be flipping people off? No
Old 06-26-2012, 02:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
I grew up fishing, still do, never really off the MasterCraft. We were putting in on a local lake and two very nice middle-aged gentleman (redneck have not showered in a month toothless hobos) said you have a nice boat, I would hate to throw split shot at it while you ski by later. My son looked at me and said without being prompted by me " well it would be a shame if we slammed our MasterCraft into your piece of crap, cause I bet either one of you tools know how to swim". It was perfect, my son was ready to kick the crap out of them.
I think they believed him, which is wise.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
This jogs my memory of the first season I had my MasterCraft (summer of 2010). My parents live on a very unique chain of 9 lakes in North Eastern WI and the residents/cabin owners are super pro watersports to the point that some of the channels are not techinicall legal to have a wake but their association over ruled it. Literally on the 4th holiday there will be people motoring through channels maybe only 50ft apart and to this day there have been no major accidents.

Now, back on topic. There are people that like to fish in the mornings, more power to them. So I have only shared this video with a couple people and to be honest this is the first video I have every uploaded to Youtube. The setting was, my mother and sister wanted to have coffee and put around the lake at 5:30 in the morning. We did this but after a while I kept looking at the lake and saying I need to ski. Now, my mother can drive a boat and has for many reason but there are varying definitions on "driving" but I didn't care at that point and asked her to pull me. This is the piece of my run that is in the video.

http://youtu.be/JzzPRV4G0sw

Beleive it or not I saw the guy at the bar that night and he bought me a drink and apologized for anchoring in the channel. Funny stuff.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 02 ProStar 197TT "Caddy H2O" & 1980 MC Stars & Stripes, "Boss Hoss"
I have not had any run ins with fisherman. I give them room, they give me room. My problem has been with other morons and jetskis. Jetskis seem to "babysitters" for kids that don't know the rules/laws of the lake or the fact that boats and jetskis dont have brakes. The majority of accidents caused on lakes involve them...
Old 06-26-2012, 03:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskie05 View Post
My son looked at me and said without being prompted by me " well it would be a shame if we slammed our MasterCraft into your piece of crap, cause I bet either one of you tools know how to swim". It was perfect, my son was ready to kick the crap out of them.
I think they believed him, which is wise.

I don't laugh audibly at work very often, but I was bust'en up when I read that. Awesome!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
epnault, that was close. Rule of thumb, if the fishermen can't cast a lure into my boat its far enough away
Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by epnault View Post
This jogs my memory of the first season I had my MasterCraft (summer of 2010). My parents live on a very unique chain of 9 lakes in North Eastern WI and the residents/cabin owners are super pro watersports to the point that some of the channels are not techinicall legal to have a wake but their association over ruled it. Literally on the 4th holiday there will be people motoring through channels maybe only 50ft apart and to this day there have been no major accidents.

Now, back on topic. There are people that like to fish in the mornings, more power to them. So I have only shared this video with a couple people and to be honest this is the first video I have every uploaded to Youtube. The setting was, my mother and sister wanted to have coffee and put around the lake at 5:30 in the morning. We did this but after a while I kept looking at the lake and saying I need to ski. Now, my mother can drive a boat and has for many reason but there are varying definitions on "driving" but I didn't care at that point and asked her to pull me. This is the piece of my run that is in the video.

http://youtu.be/JzzPRV4G0sw

Beleive it or not I saw the guy at the bar that night and he bought me a drink and apologized for anchoring in the channel. Funny stuff.
That was funny as heck.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorguy View Post
I don't laugh audibly at work very often, but I was bust'en up when I read that. Awesome!
You and me both. That was a get comeback.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
This is the piece of my run that is in the video.
I bet he was sporting a brown pants special on that one