Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM
76S&S's Avatar
76S&S 76S&S is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Boat: 2002 X Star
Location: At the lake or on the way to the lake!
Posts: 1,829
Our lake house is close to a mile up a large finger on the lake. When it isn't too busy, we will usually idle out past the fishermen before hammering down and cranking up the music (this almost always gets a friendly wave initiated by the fishermen). Once out on the main lake, I stay in the chanel and try to only pass them going down the lake and then back to the cabin. I do my best not to go back and forth right in front of them. I know that our wake isn't small and I wouldn't enjoy the ride up on shore, so I try to keep my distance where I can.

I enjoy fishing as well, just don't do it as much as we wakeboard.
__________________
Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM
02ProstarSammyD 02ProstarSammyD is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,877
Most of our fishermen get back in the less desired areas that I don't mess with anyways. We did have a guy and his son pull into our cove last year, get 20' from us, stare at the girls, and turn around. Super creepers but it was funny as could be. Other than that I just wave and get the occasional finger back. I do late rides after our lake clears out to avoid everyone including them.

Now growing up fishing I can say they have a good reason to be negative half the time. Does that mean they should be flipping people off? No
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Huskie05's Avatar
Huskie05 Huskie05 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
Location: West
Posts: 390
I grew up fishing, still do, never really off the MasterCraft. We were putting in on a local lake and two very nice middle-aged gentleman (redneck have not showered in a month toothless hobos) said you have a nice boat, I would hate to throw split shot at it while you ski by later. My son looked at me and said without being prompted by me " well it would be a shame if we slammed our MasterCraft into your piece of crap, cause I bet either one of you tools know how to swim". It was perfect, my son was ready to kick the crap out of them.
I think they believed him, which is wise.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:17 PM
epnault's Avatar
epnault epnault is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
Location: Twin Cities and Northern WI Cabin
Posts: 701
This jogs my memory of the first season I had my MasterCraft (summer of 2010). My parents live on a very unique chain of 9 lakes in North Eastern WI and the residents/cabin owners are super pro watersports to the point that some of the channels are not techinicall legal to have a wake but their association over ruled it. Literally on the 4th holiday there will be people motoring through channels maybe only 50ft apart and to this day there have been no major accidents.

Now, back on topic. There are people that like to fish in the mornings, more power to them. So I have only shared this video with a couple people and to be honest this is the first video I have every uploaded to Youtube. The setting was, my mother and sister wanted to have coffee and put around the lake at 5:30 in the morning. We did this but after a while I kept looking at the lake and saying I need to ski. Now, my mother can drive a boat and has for many reason but there are varying definitions on "driving" but I didn't care at that point and asked her to pull me. This is the piece of my run that is in the video.

http://youtu.be/JzzPRV4G0sw


Beleive it or not I saw the guy at the bar that night and he bought me a drink and apologized for anchoring in the channel. Funny stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:35 PM
onejdgreen's Avatar
onejdgreen onejdgreen is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Boat: 02 ProStar 197TT "Caddy H2O" & 1980 MC Stars & Stripes, "Boss Hoss"
Location: Glass waters...
Posts: 623
I have not had any run ins with fisherman. I give them room, they give me room. My problem has been with other morons and jetskis. Jetskis seem to "babysitters" for kids that don't know the rules/laws of the lake or the fact that boats and jetskis dont have brakes. The majority of accidents caused on lakes involve them...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:39 PM
gatorguy's Avatar
gatorguy gatorguy is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
Location: halfway between right and left coast
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskie05 View Post
My son looked at me and said without being prompted by me " well it would be a shame if we slammed our MasterCraft into your piece of crap, cause I bet either one of you tools know how to swim". It was perfect, my son was ready to kick the crap out of them.
I think they believed him, which is wise.

I don't laugh audibly at work very often, but I was bust'en up when I read that. Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:50 PM
snork snork is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Boat: 07 xstar
Location: south
Posts: 1,859
epnault, that was close. Rule of thumb, if the fishermen can't cast a lure into my boat its far enough away
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by epnault View Post
This jogs my memory of the first season I had my MasterCraft (summer of 2010). My parents live on a very unique chain of 9 lakes in North Eastern WI and the residents/cabin owners are super pro watersports to the point that some of the channels are not techinicall legal to have a wake but their association over ruled it. Literally on the 4th holiday there will be people motoring through channels maybe only 50ft apart and to this day there have been no major accidents.

Now, back on topic. There are people that like to fish in the mornings, more power to them. So I have only shared this video with a couple people and to be honest this is the first video I have every uploaded to Youtube. The setting was, my mother and sister wanted to have coffee and put around the lake at 5:30 in the morning. We did this but after a while I kept looking at the lake and saying I need to ski. Now, my mother can drive a boat and has for many reason but there are varying definitions on "driving" but I didn't care at that point and asked her to pull me. This is the piece of my run that is in the video.

http://youtu.be/JzzPRV4G0sw


Beleive it or not I saw the guy at the bar that night and he bought me a drink and apologized for anchoring in the channel. Funny stuff.
That was funny as heck.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorguy View Post
I don't laugh audibly at work very often, but I was bust'en up when I read that. Awesome!
You and me both. That was a get comeback.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM
02ProstarSammyD 02ProstarSammyD is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
This is the piece of my run that is in the video.
I bet he was sporting a brown pants special on that one
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 AM.