Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X45
First time out wakesurfing videos with my buddies

Me and some friends hit the lake tonight for the first time without kids in the boat to try and get some surfing in. Mind you, I skied and wakeboarded growing up, so I'm a somewhat comfortable novice on the surfboard as this is my 5th time surfing, but two of my buddies who are beginners at best gave it a go and each tossed the rope in the boat on their second try. My buddy Dave hasn't been behind a boat in 20 years and caught on quickly and my friend Brad has never skied or been on a wakeboard in his life so we were pumped to see them both up and be able to go rope free their first time on the water. Was pretty impressive to say the least.

If you would like to see the videos, I'm the first video posted riding starboard (my apologies as most of this clip is of me riding an inside turn but it's all good), with my friends Dave and Brad 2nd and 3rd rolling the port side. They are both dying to get back out on the water after tonight's session. I couldn't be more happy with the wave our 45 put out both port and starboard, it truly was amazing to see the boat at work. I need to focus next time out on cutting harder outside and getting more comfortable driving up the wave. Enjoy if you'd like:

https://vimeo.com/44016603

https://vimeo.com/44016604

https://vimeo.com/44016605
Old 06-14-2012, 12:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Great videos Heelgrad!! Thanks for posting.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:11 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
Curious - what board is that? Inland Surfer Black Pearl?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrove View Post
Curious - what board is that? Inland Surfer Black Pearl?
It's an Inland Surfer Swallow. Very happy with it thus far. I'm 210 and it does a good job pulling my out of shape behind around.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:24 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 x45
Hey heelgrad. How do u have ur boat set up for ballast. For both starboard surf and port? R u stock or extra. I just bought an x45 had it out once and surfed for the first time and was a blast but ur wake looks better! Thanks 4ur help!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by goebelt View Post
Hey heelgrad. How do u have ur boat set up for ballast. For both starboard surf and port? R u stock or extra. I just bought an x45 had it out once and surfed for the first time and was a blast but ur wake looks better! Thanks 4ur help!
I added an Enzo sack both port and starboard in addition to the stock ballast. I don't have any additional ballast up front just yet, but may sometime down the road as our skills progress. The Enzo sacs are supposed to hold 1500 lbs and we pumped them pretty full so I figure we had at least 1350-1400 pounds in them tonight. For reference purposes, we set up port and starboard the same tonight as our time was limited.

Port setup:
Port tank full
Enzo sac full
KGB 75% full
Attitude Plate 55%
Starboard surf tab 100% down
2 guys on rear port seating

Starboard setup:
Reverse everything above except one guy sitting center rear vs all 3 of us on starboard seating

Need to experiment more with KGB weight and attitude adjustment plate to see if anything changes but my guess is the change will be minimal.

A couple additional bodies next time out will be welcome additions for weight up front.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:07 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X45 - 8.1
Heelgrad,

Great videos. The fact that beginners can truly surf their first time out is what makes the sport great. Nothing beats being out with friends and seeing them pick up a new sport on their first try. Props to you guys (and how could I not support a fellow 45 owner).

If you are ever interested in moving into a custom board from your Inland Surfer, check out our site. Our first board was the Inland Blue Lake. We were very happy, but decided to start building US-made wakesurfers that can be customized in shape, color, fin selection, traction pad, etc. I think it is safe to say that once you get bit by the surfin' bug, you start to look for something personalized and unique. We at Day1 would like to believe that we can satisfy that desire.

Keep on surfing, the vids are highly motivational!

BMcD
'06 8.1L X-45
www.LiveDay1.com
Old 06-14-2012, 09:18 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Very Nice...........even though I surfed behind tr6cougs X2, this weekend will be the fist time surfing behind my X2, cant wait......

Last edited by BrooksfamX2; 06-14-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Very cool. Greats vids.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-9
Always a rush to get newbies or born again newbies up behind the boat! I have friends and family who can't remember what they had for dinner last night, but they always remember the first time they got up on skis, or a board, or even (for god sake) tubed.

Great Videos!